1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 03:352 edits
    Right now, I found this Stevie Ray Vaughan concert from 1983 at Ripley's Music Hall in Philly, at Wolfgang's Concert Vault, check out that site, vintage recordings of all the good people! Not just electric blues but acoustic, rare live shows, incredible bunch of music, sign in for free, login and enjoy.
    RIP, too bad he took that helicopter ride. 3 of Eric Clapton's band died and the pilot also.

After that I found a James Taylor concert in Berkeley Community theater, Ca 1970, just him and his guitar. Great concert.
    I have a recording of him and Joni Mitchell live acoustic, no other musicians on stage, in Toronto, even earlier, even greater show than the Berkeley theater one, the way they interacted on stage made it unforgettable.

Following that up with a Bonnie Raitt live concert at Lenox Music Inn, Ca 1973. All on Wolfgang's Vault. Check it out!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 12:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Right now, I found this Stevie Ray Vaughan concert from 1983 at Ripley's Music Hall in Philly, at Wolfgang's Concert Vault, check out that site, vintage recordings of all the good people! Not just electric blues but acoustic, rare live shows, incredible bunch of music, sign in for free, login and enjoy.
    RIP, too bad he took that helicopter ride. 3 of Eric ...[text shortened]... onnie Raitt live concert at Lenox Music Inn, Ca 1973. All on Wolfgang's Vault. Check it out!
    what a great site, been listening to Muddy waters and Albert king!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 17:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what a great site, been listening to Muddy waters and Albert king!
    He must do a lot of sniffing around, there are hundreds of concerts there! I like the Doc Watson ones with Clarence Ashley and I also found a very early Ry Cooder show at the Ash Grove when he was 17!. He was onstage with another great one you probably never heard of, her name is Pamela Polland. I got her album 'Heart of the World' and was blown away by the power of her voice and also amazed she got some world class people to sing with her: Bonnie Raitt and Kenny Loggins among others. She must have also been a teenager when that Ash Grove concert took place, two kids finding their voices. It was amazing to hear Ry Cooder at 17 for sure! I fell in love with Pamela's song 'Cimayo'. You can hear it on her website I think, if you are interested.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree