1. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    14 May '09 23:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Dear gentle reader, there was a person who put forth the proposition that metal was alive and well! it was dead i retorted, metal was dead! it had died when Dianno was kicked from Maiden and Dickinson turned them into an operatic outfit.

what had happened? where was Saxon, where was Motorhead? killed by pansies from America, Motley Cru and Cin ...[text shortened]... its likes ever be seen again and distinguishable from these inferior mutations, who can tell?
    Maybe you are to old and metal has changed. No offence. Music morphes and changes everyday. The metal I listen to now is so far underground that it is really hard to find, but I got lucky and stumbled on to some great stuff in the last couple of years.
    Lebenon
    Hellschock
    Nux Vomica
    Buried Blood
    Amebix(not new but still alive and kicking)
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 May '09 06:54
    dude early Maiden has all of these things, dig this my goodman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5k6uDy15dE&feature=related
    Iron Maiden is a classic and a personal favorite 🙂

I also dig Motörhead, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.

It's the new stuff that I don't dig, you know, like Linkin Park, Limp 'Biscuit', and related stuff. Metallica above all makes me sick.

They lost the way of what metal was all about.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '09 08:18
    Originally posted by StTito
    Maybe you are to old and metal has changed. No offence. Music morphes and changes everyday. The metal I listen to now is so far underground that it is really hard to find, but I got lucky and stumbled on to some great stuff in the last couple of years.
    Lebenon
    Hellschock
    Nux Vomica
    Buried Blood
    Amebix(not new but still alive and kicking)
    this is infact true, and the point of my post, early Maiden etc etc was a golden era for me, once those pansies from California got a hold of it, it became the forte of trannies and dudes who looked like ladies, it was time to get out. what you are seeing is a reflection of what has happened, a wondering of where it all led, for metal fans were the most loyal, i just wondering what all the young cats are doing with it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '09 08:23
    Originally posted by Seitse

It's the new stuff that I don't dig, you know, like Linkin Park, Limp 'Biscuit', and related stuff. Metallica above all makes me sick.

i agree, my friend, this generation is mixed up, where is the dynamics, the experimentation? the groove?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    15 May '09 16:56
    what are you talking about? dig this you woosie, heavy metal thunder, it was a b side, cant remember what the a side was, great song, the epitome of decent first generation metal, maybe a bit too heavy for you woosters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8P75aSSk3g

awesome band, would turn eric clapton into a cornflake and leave him smokin like a kipper!
    Well, Saxon are pretty good but not really first generation heavy metal, I'd say. Heavy metal was well-established by the time NWOBHM showed up. Have you listened to stuff like Blue Cheer and Sir Lord Baltimore?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    15 May '09 16:57

Metallica's 80s albums are good.
  7. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    15 May '09 23:34

It is a sad state when aging metalheads get all nostalgic about how things used to be. When you all were what 16-20 you laughed in the face of the old dudes who thought your music was just noise and crap and such. There is nothing more depressing to see old coggers yammering on how things were better in their days. Hell I'm 35 and i'm not done trying to expand my horizons. Yeah Limp Bitzkit is Ceeeeeerrrap. How hard have you looked to find something that is not? Remember when liking metal was like being in a secret society? Nobody liked it and nobody had even heard of what you were listening to except you and your awkwardly social friends. Well guess what old men, it's still like that. So dust off your devil horns and put out some effort or shut up and die into obscurity. Purists suck!
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    16 May '09 21:35
    I work with someone who loves something called death metal. Is this a new dervative?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '09 22:051 edit
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I work with someone who loves something called death metal. Is this a new dervative?
    no, been around since the eighties, and expounded by bunch of slapheads who are convinced that afterbirth and mucous membrane make for attractive midnight feasts, usually accompanied with a fine reserve and vintage goblet of blood, when in fact they probably like nothing better than a pint of best bitter and a packet of ham and mustard crisps.

Pretentious to the extreme, in my opinion they have contributed nothing original to the genre, taking points of reference that were already in place and simply exaggerating certain elements.
  10. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    17 May '09 08:40
    no, been around since the eighties, and expounded by bunch of slapheads who are convinced that afterbirth and mucous membrane make for attractive midnight feasts, usually accompanied with a fine reserve and vintage goblet of blood, when in fact they probably like nothing better than a pint of best bitter and a packet of ham and mustard crisps.

P ...[text shortened]... taking points of reference that were already in place and simply exaggerating certain elements.
    wow, i tend to like and respect your posts, but... bitter much? really your going to kill a whole genre in those stereo typical terms?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '09 10:32
    Originally posted by StTito
    wow, i tend to like and respect your posts, but... bitter much? really your going to kill a whole genre in those stereo typical terms?
    yes, absolutely, no question, for in my opinion, and one must remember that's all it is, an evaluational with my mind, that the practitioners themselves have made it so. for i would say that nowhere to my knowledge has a genre become so stereotypical as in death metal, with basic elements being rehashed, regurgitated in an orgy of banality and lack of imagination, how else are we to account for it?
  12. Germany
    Moves
    17 May '09 11:07

P ...[text shortened]... taking points of reference that were already in place and simply exaggerating certain elements.
    Have a listen to the album "Focus" (1993) by technical death metal band Cynic. It's a classic.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '09 15:03
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Have a listen to the album "Focus" (1993) by technical death metal band Cynic. It's a classic.
    whatever rocks your socks my friend, they remind me of the scissor sisters! 😉

na only kidding, whats with the different designation of genres, technical death metal? as opposed to natural death metal or chocolate covered death metal? or nu-metal? i get the felling someone is taking me for a ride with all these different genres.
  14. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    17 May '09 16:56

So I won't tell this death metal cat to date my daughter. that what you're saying?
  15. Germany
    Moves
    17 May '09 17:01
    whatever rocks your socks my friend, they remind me of the scissor sisters! 😉

na only kidding, whats with the different designation of genres, technical death metal? as opposed to natural death metal or chocolate covered death metal? or nu-metal? i get the felling someone is taking me for a ride with all these different genres.
    Ha! Yes, I agree that the zillion different metal genres are nonsensical, but I'm just conforming like the little conformist that I am to the status quo in the metal scene.

By the way, if Cynic reminds you of the Scissor Sisters, you have very strange ears. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree