Mastodon anyone?
    I like their latest album.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 17:06
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I like their latest album.
    Cool. It's actually my least favourite. Still not bad though.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 17:06
    Dillinger Escape Plan anyone?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 17:34
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Cool. It's actually my least favourite. Still not bad though.
    The earlier albums lack originality IMO, though Blood Mountain is alright.

As for DEP: good band, though not really metal.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 18:142 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The earlier albums lack originality IMO, though Blood Mountain is alright.

As for DEP: good band, though not really metal.
    Not really metal? Hm. That's the first time I've heard that. They have some elements of thrash, hardcore and prog but I'd certainly consider them one of the best metal bands out there. Even without Chris Pennie. The EP they did with Mike Patton (Irony is a Dead Scene) is a five star effort, in my opinion.

As for the new Mastodon, I plan on giving it another few listens. It may be a grower. Who knows? By this time next week it may their best album. 😉
  6. Germany
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Not really metal? Hm. That's the first time I've heard that. They have some elements of thrash, hardcore and prog but I'd certainly consider them one of the best metal bands out there. Even without Chris Pennie. The EP they did with Mike Patton (Irony is a Dead Scene) is a five star effort, in my opinion.

As for the new Mastodon, I plan on giving it ...[text shortened]... istens. It may be a grower. Who knows? By this time next week it may their best album. 😉
    They are usually pigeonholed into the "mathcore" genre.

But yeah, when Patton touches something it usually turns into gold.
  7. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    18 Jun '09 09:382 edits
    what happened to metal? something like this.

Thorr's Hammer:
    YouTube

Burning Witch:
    YouTube
  8. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 13:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Dear gentle reader, there was a person who put forth the proposition that metal was alive and well! it was dead i retorted, metal was dead! it had died when Dianno was kicked from Maiden and Dickinson turned them into an operatic outfit.

what had happened? where was Saxon, where was Motorhead? killed by pansies from America, Motley Cru and Cin ...[text shortened]... its likes ever be seen again and distinguishable from these inferior mutations, who can tell?
    I used to love metallica a very long time ago, but when they did 'One' which was on top of the pops about 20 years ago, i sensed it was the beginning of the end. Of all the musical genres, metal was the one above all that must never sell out (perhaps apart from punk) because it was all about being different from the mainstream, but sadly this is what happened.
  9. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 20:40
    Dragonforce anyone?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 15:35
    Originally posted by twiceaknight
    I used to love metallica a very long time ago, but when they did 'One' which was on top of the pops about 20 years ago, i sensed it was the beginning of the end. Of all the musical genres, metal was the one above all that must never sell out (perhaps apart from punk) because it was all about being different from the mainstream, but sadly this is what happened.
    Since when is metal "all about being different from the mainstream"? Is that was jazz is about, too, merely because there are not many jazz hit singles?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree