Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

1. 07 Sep '08 12:23
    Indie: Devotees have low self-esteem and are not very hard-working, kind or generous. However, they are creative.

Rock 'n' Roll: Fans have high self-esteem and are very creative, hard-working and at ease with themselves, but not very kind or generous.

Blues: High self-esteem, creative, outgoing and at ease with themselves.

Classical: Classical music lovers have high self-esteem, are creative and at ease with themselves, but not outgoing.

Heavy metal: Very creative and at ease with themselves, but not very outgoing or hard-working.

Reggae: High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, kind, generous and at ease with themselves, but not very hard-working.

Country & Western: Very hard-working and outgoing.

Dance: Creative and outgoing but not kind or generous.

Rap: High self-esteem, outgoing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/classical-to-rap-music-lovers-have-much-more-in-common-than-you-would-think-919553.html
  2. Standard member yo its me
    watch the acid...
    07 Sep '08 12:45
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Indie: Devotees have low self-esteem and are not very hard-working, kind or generous. However, they are creative.

Rock 'n' Roll: Fans have high self-esteem and are very creative, hard-working and at ease with themselves, but not very kind or generous.

Classical: Classical m ...[text shortened]... c/news/classical-to-rap-music-lovers-have-much-more-in-common-than-you-would-think-919553.html
    Which one are you?
  3. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    07 Sep '08 13:07

Classical: Classical m ...[text shortened]... c/news/classical-to-rap-music-lovers-have-much-more-in-common-than-you-would-think-919553.html
    I am a blues lover.

Where's jazz?
  4. 07 Sep '08 14:22

What if you like, say, Indie and Rock 'n' Roll?
  5. Standard member c99ux
    'Sir' to you
    07 Sep '08 14:40

I like brass bands, karaoke and jazz.

Analyse that.
  6. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    07 Sep '08 16:03
    Originally posted by c99ux
    I like brass bands, karaoke and jazz.

Analyse that.
    I wouldn't mention karaoke, sensei c99. I am sure there are very complex, obscure and filthy psychological implications behind that... er... hobby.
  7. Standard member yo its me
    watch the acid...
    07 Sep '08 16:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I wouldn't mention karaoke, sensei c99. I am sure there are very complex, obscure and filthy psychological implications behind that... er... hobby.
    You'll have to try it Seitse 😉

Posh hotels have the machines in the rooms now, for your pleasure.
  8. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    07 Sep '08 21:41
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    What if you like, say, Indie and Rock 'n' Roll?
    You implode.
  9. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    07 Sep '08 22:18

What would a liking of Freak Folk, Indie, Doom, Funeral Doom, Trip-Hop, Prog. Rock, Post Punk, Contemporary, and Christian Hymns make me?
  10. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    07 Sep '08 23:16
    Jazz--best times were drinkin' and dancin'
    Classic Rock--best times are over
    Blues--best times weren't so good
    Country--best times were an illusion
  11. 07 Sep '08 23:43
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    What would a liking of Freak Folk, Indie, Doom, Funeral Doom, Trip-Hop, Prog. Rock, Post Punk, Contemporary, and Christian Hymns make me?
    An explosive implosionist.
  12. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    08 Sep '08 09:52

I like all of these genres. Perhaps I have bipolar disorder.
  13. Standard member ChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    09 Sep '08 14:53
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Hipster Jesus. I'm excited for Post-Funeral Doom to be a recognised musical genre.
  14. 09 Sep '08 15:29
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    Hipster Jesus. I'm excited for Post-Funeral Doom to be a recognised musical genre.
    Is that like Sunn o))) or Earth?
  15. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    09 Sep '08 16:16

ANd if you like most genres of music, what does that say about you?