1. Germany
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 10:33
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Who's scared? Scariness isn't the issue. The issue is that viweing such material , available even to underage kids (12 and under) is harmful. You do not want children developing ahead of their mental age/maturity level. Such exposure is correlated to increased teen pregnancy, increased drug use, increased divorce. You libs out there OK with all that kee ...[text shortened]... turn liberal, so as to continue whining and producing and consuming more garbage. Keep it up!
    Can you demonstrate this correlation?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 19:57
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Naturally there's exceptions to every rule. You hit it on the head when stating you do not want kids learning about sex from the entertainment industry. Hollywood gets nothing right. They distort history when the actual story would be more compelling, inject their political agenda into everything they produce, distort reality to a degree far outpacing t ...[text shortened]... ke. They cannot have it both ways! Either what you watch could influence you or it can't.
    I think your over-reacting big time. Films do come with labels telling you the age group films are meant for and it's up to the parents to monitor what their children watch, also sure 12 year olds can find something far worse in a few seconds on the internet. Hollywood is their to make money and the last time I checked they were doing a great job of it.

Your completely wrong about history, they distort history in order to make films more entertaining, and it works. They distort reality enough to make the story their telling more entertaining, that's all. What sort of messages are you waffleing about? All they care about is making money which is fair enough, that's all their suppossed to care about.

You can't blame Hollywood for the fact that sex is everywhere, it's the media you should be blameing or you could just accept reality and that's that sex sells. They still make movies for older audiences, it's just the ones aimed at younger people make more money.

So tell me, where's the gratuitous nudity, full of drugs, alcohol abuse etc in Avatar? Sounds like you need to watch more films. Sex is a very important part of most peoples life so theirfor it makes logical sence that it comes into so many films. Now of course I think if a film has sex scenes in it then it should come with a 17/18 cert, now once it's only adults watching can you tell me what's wrong with having sex scenes in a film? Why should sex scenes be left to the imagination? It's not Hollywoods fault if children watch a film that's meant for an adult. I think you need to get a grip and move with the times!

So you think hollywood wants to impose its will on the public? I never heard such a load of s**** in all my life! Why would Hollywood care wheter or not people smoke? your point makes no sense. In case you hadn't noticed peoples opinion on smoking has changed a lot over the years with nothing to do with Hollywood.

Films don't have a big influence on our behaviour, I watched Kill Bill yesterday, does that mean I'm thinking of getting a sword and going on a murderous rampage? No because I have enough cop on to tell the diffreence between reality and entertainment. It sounds to me like you'd like to force more censorship on people, do you not think people are capable of making their own decisions about what they think is appropriate to watch? If you don't like what Hollywood produces then nobody is forcing you to watch what they produce!
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 19:59
    Originally posted by coquette

The real question is why are most movies done so badly?
    Because most people sadly don't read reviews, they look at the ad or a quick synopsis and watch a film based on this. It's not Hollywoods fault theirs so many stupid people in the world!
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 21:26
    Originally posted by coquette
    Are people with a modest amount of disposable income who are looking for a few brief moments of entertainment possibly interested in fictional relationships? I think so. I love romance. Sex seems to be linked for some reason.

The real question is why are most movies done so badly?
    Because they have to pump out movies as quickly as possible as cheap as possible for the most part, Avatar asideπŸ™‚ (450 million bucks for the movie and marketing, don't think it is going to break even myself)
    You have to pay 15 million for some second rate actor while real stage actors get little chance to do movies. So the cost goes through the roof and they have to play to the lowest common denominator. Another issue I have is all the remakes of original material from as far back as 1940, like the Oceans 11, 12 etc., not enough creativity going around to come up with something original, probably because you have to pay too much for real creativity these days. Just repave some old concept and the newer generation loves it, as long as there are exploding cars and boobs....
  5. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 12:44
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Can you demonstrate this correlation?
    Of course he cannot. But who wants to argue FACTS on the internet?
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 14:151 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    NEWSFLASH: Your mom has had more sex than you.
    Not a fair comparison.

Everybody knows EmLasker's mom has had more sex than both Warren Beatty and Caligula.

Both's figures piled up.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 14:29
    Just a thought: Kids get plenty interested in sex well before 12...
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Jan '10 14:33
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Just a thought: Kids get plenty interested in sex well before 12...
    Another reason why I stay away from kids. πŸ˜•
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 02:57
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Another reason why I stay away from kids. πŸ˜•
    Yeah, I really didn't want to say that, lest people take me the wrong way.
    Having two kids of my own I will just say: Raising kids is a tricky thing and watching "bad" movies is sometimes the lesser of evils..(And maybe they might learn something)
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 12:34
    Originally posted by uzless
    Two options:

1. Stop watching hollywood films!

or

2. Watch the old hollywood films. The old stuff is way better anyway.
    3. Watch films that aren't made in Hollywood.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree