Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 08 Apr '10 13:42
    Pop culture should not discribe women as "hot". This is destructive and dehumanizing.

    An observer may say he is hot with his own greedy lust for the appearance of some female. He should discribe his own feeling and not project it on to the woman that she is "hot".

    This saying of "hot" women is the lattest male dominated cultural munipulation and flattery of women.

    I'll let honest women speak out for the faults of their own sex to dress or act in a manner to stir up the lust of men. There are women who know full well that their deliberate appearance can make men "hot" with lust.

    I suggest men resist this plunge to discribe various women as "hot" women. It is more degrading media hype.
  2. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Apr '10 13:49
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Pop culture should not discribe women as "hot". This is destructive and dehumanizing.

    An observer may say he is hot with his own greedy lust for the appearance of some female. He should discribe his own feeling and not project it on to the woman that she is "hot".

    This saying of "hot" women is the lattest male dominated cultural munipulation and fl ...[text shortened]... his plunge to discribe various women as "hot" women. It is more degrading media hype.
    Exactly. We should just dress them in burkas and stop them from dehumanizing themselves.
  3. 08 Apr '10 13:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Exactly. We should just dress them in burkas and stop them from dehumanizing themselves.
    That is why I wrote:


    " I'll let honest women speak out for the faults of their own sex to dress or act in a manner to stir up the lust of men. "


    Is this eye rolling retort of yours another way of saying "Its their fault" ?
  4. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Apr '10 14:14
    Originally posted by jaywill
    That is why I wrote:

    [b]
    " I'll let honest women speak out for the faults of their own sex to dress or act in a manner to stir up the lust of men. "


    Is this eye rolling retort of yours another way of saying "Its their fault" ?[/b]
    I'm saying there is no fault. The only fault here is that you believe there's something wrong about being attractive.
  5. 08 Apr '10 14:23
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I'm saying there is no fault. The only fault here is that you believe there's something wrong about being attractive.
    Right. I'm against being attractive.

    No wonder you're rolling your eyes.

    And maybe gang rape is just just a little social support for being attractive too?

    Ah, what to do with these Puritan types, huh ?
  6. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Apr '10 14:25
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Right. I'm against being attractive.

    No wonder you're rolling your eyes.

    And maybe gang rape is just just a little social support for being attractive too?

    Ah, what to do with these Puritan types, huh ?
    So gang rape is now women's fault for dressing attractively?

    Keep digging that hole of yours.
  7. 08 Apr '10 14:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So gang rape is now women's fault for dressing attractively?

    Keep digging that hole of yours.
    If you're expecting me to say "Wow, You took the words right out of my mouth" don't hold your breath.

    You suggest men spreading around the office that certain woman is "hot" is just a little attraction on her part initiated by her.

    I object to this kind of behavior and you roll eyes. The question is how far are you going to take it ?

    I already said it is different for a man to discribe his feeling about what he saw.


    Let's put it this way. Do you have a teenage girl child ? Would you like it if it criculated around Facebook of her schools friends that she was "hot"?

    How would you feel about it ? Just a matter of her personal attraction huh? No harm ?
  8. 08 Apr '10 14:42
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So gang rape is now women's fault for dressing attractively?

    Keep digging that hole of yours.
    ===========================
    So gang rape is now women's fault for dressing attractively?

    Keep digging that hole of yours.
    ============================


    No. I suggest that for men to circulate around that a woman is "hot" could lead to abuse of her by a group of men.

    They have already violated her dignity to some degree collectively.
  9. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Apr '10 14:46
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Let's put it this way. Do you have a teenage girl child ? Would you like it if it criculated around Facebook of her schools friends that she was "hot"?

    How would you feel about it ? Just a matter of her personal attraction huh? No harm ?
    That sounds pretty harmless, yes.

    Women can be attractive and worthy of respect, I don't see any contradiction there.
  10. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Apr '10 14:48
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===========================
    So gang rape is now women's fault for dressing attractively?

    Keep digging that hole of yours.
    ============================


    No. I suggest that for men to circulate around that a woman is "hot" could lead to abuse of her by a group of men.

    They have already violated her dignity to some degree collectively.[/b]
    Sorry, I fail to see how you go from "hot" to "gang rape". Unless it's a gigantic slippery slope that is. Care to enlighten me?
  11. 08 Apr '10 14:52
    The problem with some people like the Eye Roller here is that they are like people in a room full folks with the strong smell of garlic on their breath.

    At first it stinks. Stay there long enough and you get use to the smell.

    The poster sees no harm in this classification of women as "hot".

    Okay, 30 years ago men would purchase pornography to gaze lustify at pictures of "hot" women. Today, it is common to discribe entertainers, class mates, actresses and actors, singers, and so forth as "hot".

    The eye roller has just gotten use to the stench and is dull in the moral sense of the implication of casually calling a women "hot".

    It implies "Hey everybody, she is available for you to spend your sexual passion on her."
  12. 08 Apr '10 14:57
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Sorry, I fail to see how you go from "hot" to "gang rape". Unless it's a gigantic slippery slope that is. Care to enlighten me?
    =================================
    Sorry, I fail to see how you go from "hot" to "gang rape". Unless it's a gigantic slippery slope that is. Care to enlighten me?
    ====================================


    Sorry, I fail to see how me objecting to men rumoring around that a woman is "hot" is against women being attractive.

    Care to enlighten me ?
  13. Standard member Traveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    08 Apr '10 14:59
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Pop culture should not discribe women as "hot". This is destructive and dehumanizing.

    An observer may say he is hot with his own greedy lust for the appearance of some female. He should discribe his own feeling and not project it on to the woman that she is "hot".

    This saying of "hot" women is the lattest male dominated cultural munipulation and fl ...[text shortened]... his plunge to discribe various women as "hot" women. It is more degrading media hype.
    I totally agree, especially when used like this:
    "Geez, when I told her what she could and couldn't do, how she should dress, and how it's her fault that her behavior tempts men to engage in gang rape, she was boiling hot with anger."
    Note: Adding "boiling" in front of "hot" is so much more dehumanizing.

    It's also wrong for anyone to describe another person as "Cool."

    In fact, I'm against using all temperature adjectives as personal descriptors.

    That young lady has a "warm" heart. Evil!
    Ms. Doe was really "cool" under pressure when she performed emergency heart surgery to save that man's life. No!
    Living through the great depression and five wars has given my grandmother a "chilly" disposition. Ouch!
  14. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Apr '10 14:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=================================
    Sorry, I fail to see how you go from "hot" to "gang rape". Unless it's a gigantic slippery slope that is. Care to enlighten me?
    ====================================


    Sorry, I fail to see how me objecting to men rumoring around that a woman is "hot" is against women being attractive.

    Care to enlighten me ?[/b]
    Ah, the goldfish-memory technique. Let me refresh your memory as to what you also said:
    jaywill: I'll let honest women speak out for the faults of their own sex to dress or act in a manner to stir up the lust of men.
  15. 08 Apr '10 15:14
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    I totally agree, especially when used like this:
    "Geez, when I told her what she could and couldn't do, how she should dress, and how it's her fault that her behavior tempts men to engage in gang rape, she was [b]boiling hot
    with anger."
    Note: Adding "boiling" in front of "hot" is so much more dehumanizing.

    It's also wrong for anyone to d ...[text shortened]... ression and five wars has given my grandmother a "chilly" disposition. Ouch![/b]
    * Laughter *
    * Applause *

    Okay, I'll tell you what. I think we can settle this simply.

    Go to your search engine and look up all kinds of sites about "Hot Women". And see what kind of ads and email you start getting after about a week, poping up when your IP address is examined.