Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 06 Jul '14 02:45 / 1 edit
    Apparently President Obama is asking for $2 billion in aid for illegal immigrants who have crossed the border.

Meanwhile, the UN is trying to help the poor American citizens in Detroit have enough water to survive. Only in Progressive America.

Once again, the crisis that was manufactured, is a win/win for Obama. If the aid is not sent, he will vilify those who stopped the humanitarian aid. And if the money is sent, word will get out and cause more to come across the border for another $2 billion.

I for one am sick of this situation. If I were a politician, I would just say, "Hell, let's just start sending $2 billion to the poor people in Mexico and abroad so at least they don't have to risk their lives to get the loot."
  2. 06 Jul '14 08:58 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Apparently President Obama is asking for $2 billion in aid for illegal immigrants who have crossed the border.

Meanwhile, the UN is trying to help the poor American citizens in Detroit have enough water to survive. Only in Progressive America.

Once again, the crisis that was manufactured, is a win/win for Obama. If the aid is not sent, he will vilify ...[text shortened]... or people in Mexico and abroad so at least they don't have to risk their lives to get the loot."
    You are simply a liar or the source of your information is a lie, what Obama has apparently asked for is 2 billion for border agencies to control illegal immigration, now lets ask you how you get from,

Obama is asking for $2 billion in aid for illegal immigrants who have crossed the border.

To

President Obama will ask Congress for $2 billion to help speed the deportation of families

Lets see if you have the honesty and the integrity to answer for we are sick of the misrepresentation of facts whodey.
  3. 06 Jul '14 09:17
    I wonder why whodey obsesses so much about illegal immigrants. Was his gardening job taken by a Mexican immigrant?
  4. 06 Jul '14 12:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You are simply a liar or the source of your information is a lie, what Obama has apparently asked for is 2 billion for border agencies to control illegal immigration, now lets ask you how you get from,

Obama is asking for $2 billion in aid for illegal immigrants who have crossed the border.

To

President Obama will ask Congress for $2 billi ...[text shortened]... he honesty and the integrity to answer for we are sick of the misrepresentation of facts whodey.
    Are you suggesting that these immigrants are not being fed and given shelter? If not, then the crisis should only have lasted about 3 days.

As for the deportation, why would he deport them when others are not? And if they are deported, they will just come back.

I think the states bordering Mexico should sue Obama for not securing the border.
  5. 06 Jul '14 12:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I wonder why whodey obsesses so much about illegal immigrants. Was his gardening job taken by a Mexican immigrant?
    Why do I obsess with $2 billion here and there?

Beats me, it's all monopoly money anyway, right?

It's like the Progressive icon Dick Cheney once stated, Ronald Reagan proved that deficits no longer matter.

As a result, I propose that the US start sending billions/trillions to the poor in Mexico. At least this way, the money will arrive to them before they make the dangerous journey across the border.
  6. 06 Jul '14 12:42
    Why do I obsess with $2 billion here and there?

Beats me, it's all monopoly money anyway, right?

It's like the Progressive icon Dick Cheney once stated, Ronald Reagan proved that deficits no longer matter.

As a result, I propose that the US start sending billions/trillions to the poor in Mexico. At least this way, the money will arrive to them before they make the dangerous journey across the border.
    I see, so you want the federal government to do more to secure the borders, but you don't want to pay for the agencies responsible?
  7. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    06 Jul '14 13:37
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I see, so you want the federal government to do more to secure the borders, but you don't want to pay for the agencies responsible?
    Based on his statements in other threads he should want a militia of armed citizens to do it. Presumably without either pay or training.
  8. 06 Jul '14 14:25
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Based on his statements in other threads he should want a militia of armed citizens to do it. Presumably without either pay or training.
    wow private militia
  9. 06 Jul '14 16:33
    Actually I blame the Tea Party for the crisis.

After all, John Boehner and company wanted to make these folks citizens as soon as they stepped across the border. Had they done that then all would be well with the world. However, due to Tea Party influence this plan got nixed.

I also give credit to Obama for trying to fix the immigrant crisis. He is doing his best to transform the US so that immigrants won't want to come here either.
  10. 06 Jul '14 16:34
    wow private militia
    I think people would send money and give their time to help secure the border.

In fact, I know they would.
  11. 06 Jul '14 16:39
    Actually I blame the Tea Party for the crisis.

After all, John Boehner and company wanted to make these folks citizens as soon as they stepped across the border. Had they done that then all would be well with the world. However, due to Tea Party influence this plan got nixed.

I also give credit to Obama for trying to fix the immigrant crisis. He is doing his best to transform the US so that immigrants won't want to come here either.
    All Obama really has to do to stop immigration is to notify potential immigrants that there are people like you living in the US.
  12. 06 Jul '14 18:08

To

President Obama will ask Congress for $2 billi ...[text shortened]... he honesty and the integrity to answer for we are sick of the misrepresentation of facts whodey.
    If the $2 billion is meant to pay for taking those people back to their country of origin, then you'd have a point. If the extra money is meant to house the illegals and help them to stay in this country then you are the one who is trying to get away with a lie.
  13. 06 Jul '14 19:46
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If the $2 billion is meant to pay for taking those people back to their country of origin, then you'd have a point. If the extra money is meant to house the illegals and help them to stay in this country then you are the one who is trying to get away with a lie.
    Sure, it will cost them $2 billion to send them back because that is how much they spent to get here.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    06 Jul '14 20:09
    I think people would send money and give their time to help secure the border.

In fact, I know they would.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/sheriff-joe-arpaio-warns-desert-militias-drop-weapons-article-1.1432561

PHOENIX — Tough-talking Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio is warning civilians who embark on armed patrols in remote desert terrain that they could end up with "30 rounds fired into" them by one of his deputies.
    His unapologetically terse comments came Tuesday after a member of an Arizona Minuteman border-watch movement was arrested over the weekend for pointing a rifle at a Maricopa County sheriff's deputy he apparently mistook for a drug smuggler.
    "If they continue this there could be some dead militia out there," Arpaio said.
    Richard Malley, 49, was heavily armed with two others dressed in camouflage Saturday night along Interstate 8 near Gila Bend, a known drug-trafficking corridor in the desert about 70 miles southwest of Phoenix, when he confronted the deputy who was on patrol conducting surveillance, authorities said.
    According to court records, the deputy and his partner stopped their vehicle, then flashed their headlights and honked their horn, a common practice used by law enforcement to trick drug smugglers into thinking the car is there to transfer their narcotics load and lure them out of hiding.
    The deputies then got out, also dressed in camouflage but clearly marked with sheriff's patches on their clothing, and began to track what appeared to be fresh footprints, authorities said.
    That's when Malley emerged from the darkness with his rifle raised "yelling commands," according to the probable cause statement.
    The deputy, illuminated by Malley's flashlight at this point, identified himself as law enforcement, pointing out the "word sheriff across his chest," and ordered Malley to drop his weapon.
    "You aren't taking my weapons," replied Malley, who was armed with a semi-automatic rifle, a .45 caliber handgun and a knife, according to court records.
    Another deputy eventually arrived and arrested Malley for aggravated assault. He was released on $10,000 bail and is set for a court appearance on Aug. 26. It wasn't clear if Malley had an attorney, and telephone numbers listed for him were disconnected.
    Malley claimed "he had the right to point his rifle at the individual because he had reasonable suspicion to believe a crime was occurring," according to the probable cause statement. He identified himself as a "militia Minuteman."
  15. 07 Jul '14 07:39 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    No the opening statement is a lie, the money that the president is asking from congress is not aid for 'illegal immigrants', as has been alleged. If you think it is aid, then please provide evidence for the claim that it is aid or admit that its a lie.

So you don't actually know what the money is being asked for and in fact we can safely state that you have no idea what you are talking about and yet it has not stopped you proffering an opinion. Do yourself and me a favour and actually find out why the President is asking congress for money because it tedious having to fight arguments based on ignorance.

tell us where do you think the government should process 'illegal immigrants', in the desert? find a suitable cave and set up camp? a watering hole? the OK coral? Can you tell us how much each illegal immigrant plans to get from the 2 billion?

Now I realise that I am asking for facts and evidence rather than the usual slobbery drool that you foment but see if you and your friend can rustle up a fact or two with the same propensity that you manage slobbery drool.