Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    31 Dec '17 08:06
    Originally posted by @eladar
    White America?

Do you agree that these comments are racist?
    I can’t decide whether you’re a racist bastard or just stupid.
  2. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    31 Dec '17 08:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @phranny
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-popular-vote-final-count/index.html
    More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.
    Yes, racism and fascist views are rampant in the Untied States and held by a large minority. it is a serious problem for the United States and the world.
    Why do Americans get in such a muddle about racism?
    What the hell is your problem?

Underlying it all must be a fear of something. What’s it all about?

I remember an English actor (who’s name I’ve forgotten... so remember is putting it rather strongly... but hey, I’m in Vegas on holiday... squeeze me) who was on a US talk show and he mentioned his coloured friends.

And everything in the US went berserk: calling hin a racist and worse.
    Not only is the man anything but a racist, he’s a very nice person who did his best to use an as least offensive word as possble to describe a group of friends who are frequently targetted because of their ‘race’.

Get a bloody life. The lot of you.
    How bloody condescending is it to think someone from a different culture is racist by the terms he uses! In England ‘black’ sounds a lot worse than ‘coloured’.

As for Trump.... the mere fact he tweeted on the situation in Iran proves the man deserves nothing but cerebral castration.

And 32% of yanks think he’a doing a good job.
    That has nothing to do with Trump, that has everything to do with 32% of the population being brain-dead racist morons.

And the 32% of US posters on this site have proven it time and time a-bloody-gain way before Trump entered politics.

Accept what you are and change or accept what you are and be honest.
  3. 31 Dec '17 10:34
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

I remember an English actor (who’s name I’ve forgotten... so remember is putting it rather strongly... but hey, I’m in Vegas on holiday... squeeze me) who was on a US talk show and he mentioned his c ...[text shortened]... Trump entered politics.

Actually Trump's approval rating (as measured by 538's meta-analysis) has been steady at 37-38% for months. To compare: François Hollande's approval rating near the end of his term was 4%.
  4. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    31 Dec '17 11:05
    both is an option
  5. 31 Dec '17 11:25
    I forgot, according to liberals if you are racist against whites then you are not a racist. This is why D is not considered a racist.
  6. 31 Dec '17 14:20
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Originally posted by @eladar
    [b]So if he is a white male he can't be a racist.

Oh, no, you're racist, alright.[/b]
    liberals and racism..,.LOL
  7. 31 Dec '17 18:14
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    both is an option
    Both (being racist and stupid) is OBVIOUS for Eladar.

Who has argued that it shows intelligence, apart from self-interest, to be racist?
  8. Subscriber kmax87
    Land of Free
    01 Jan '18 09:40
    ...As for Trump.... the mere fact he tweeted on the situation in Iran proves the man deserves nothing but cerebral castration.

And 32% of yanks think he’a doing a good job. That has nothing to do with Trump, that has everything to do with 32% of the population being brain-dead racist morons...
    They can do that now?

In terms of the other comment, I think a few things have come home to roost.

A decline in the authority and trust in experts coupled with the proliferation of social media has seen the rise and rise, of opinion over fact, gut feeling over evidence. The bombastic reduction of every issue, that is the grist of the conservative radio mill, has a lot to answer for. People like Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly have been poisoning the well of good taste and common sense for decades now. Under their discipleship they have helped to form an impenetrable mindset primed to support candidates like Trump.

Coupled with the moral imperative of the Right to life movement and rejecting social welfare as a crutch that supposedly does more harm than good, these people are so convinced of their destiny to save America, that they are willing to destroy her, if it at all appeared she would fall into the hands of Godless baby killing Commies, like Democrats.

While many may dismiss this characterisation as nothing more than a lop sided caricature, I would argue there exists a hardcore patriot type whose eyes gleam when Anne Coulter extolls the virtues of the Pilgrim fathers and sees the ruin of America in social programs that 'encourage' sloth and immigration programs that dilute the voting strength of waspy white people's.

Does the first amendment need an amendment to limit the promulgation of abject lies as fact? It may be that the correlation between support for Trump by apparent white middle aged racists, has more to do with a radio audience parroting the views of talk show demagogues who in their estimation of what their audience will listen to, dog whistles endlessly over the top of their hard work, limited government, stop the immigration mantra. And if the ratings stay strong, why would they change the formula?
  9. 01 Jan '18 12:55

I remember an English actor (who’s name I’ve forgotten... so remember is putting it rather strongly... but hey, I’m in Vegas on holiday... squeeze me) who was on a US talk show and he mentioned his c ...[text shortened]... Trump entered politics.

"As for Trump.... the mere fact he tweeted on the situation in Iran proves the man deserves nothing but cerebral castration."

Wow...support for the oppressive Iranian regime.
  10. Subscriber kmax87
    Land of Free
    01 Jan '18 13:40
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "As for Trump.... the mere fact he tweeted on the situation in Iran proves the man deserves nothing but cerebral castration."

Wow...support for the oppressive Iranian regime.
    Yes rejection of a madman translates into support for his adversary. I like how you think. We should talk.
  11. 01 Jan '18 14:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Yes rejection of a madman translates into support for his adversary. I like how you think. We should talk.
    The way you think...Iran is killing its own people to suppress peaceful protests. Trump advises the world is watching these human rights violations, and you see Trump as a "madman".
    I see you as an IDIOT!
  12. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    01 Jan '18 16:16
    The way you think...Iran is killing its own people to suppress peaceful protests. Trump advises the world is watching these human rights violations, and you see Trump as a "madman".
    I see you as an IDIOT!
    Only an idiot would feel the need to capitalise that.
  13. 01 Jan '18 17:09
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Only an idiot would feel the need to capitalise that.
    I didn't...I never used the word "that"...IDIOT!
  14. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    01 Jan '18 19:51
    I didn't...I never used the word "that"...IDIOT!
    Not many hamsters spinning in your wheel, hey?
  15. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    02 Jan '18 07:39
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Not many hamsters spinning in your wheel, hey?
    I'm totally stealing that one. 🙂