Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 05:03
    Says trump.
    Obviously this is his attempt to blame anyone but himself and his spitefully stupid rhetoric.
    “The media is the enemy of the people. So if you try to blow them up, it’s not my words that are inspiring you.”

I bet there are republicans here, on this board, who even with the whole international community available to them, are gonna agree with trump, even though what he’s saying is obviously a paradox; the proof that he’s whipping up hatred himself.

Do you know which other president hated the fake media? Blamed them for all the wrongs?
    Nixon.

Perhaps when a president is blaming reporters for the problems of the world, you should really start paying attention to what’s happening.

By the way, the Nazis, Mussolini and Stalin all blamed main stream media for lying as well...

Patterns and suckers.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 05:41
    @shavixmir said
    Says trump.
    Obviously this is his attempt to blame anyone but himself and his spitefully stupid rhetoric.
    “The media is the enemy of the people. So if you try to blow them up, it’s not my words that are inspiring you.”

I bet there are republicans here, on this board, who even with the whole international community available to them, are gonna agree with trump, even tho ...[text shortened]... zis, Mussolini and Stalin all blamed main stream media for lying as well...

Patterns and suckers.
    Didn't Nixon blame the Jews because they owned the news media? I don't recall him using the word "fake". Can you be more specific?

"By the way, the Nazis, Mussolini and Stalin all blamed main stream media for lying as well..."

Do you mean before they got into power? I don't think the Nazis criticized Joseph Goebbels so I will assume you mean before they got into power.

What is your source of information?
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 05:47
    @everyone

As usual, Trump provides no evidence for his claim.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 06:14
    @moonbus said
    @everyone

As usual, Trump provides no evidence for his claim.
    Evidence that the news is fake? He doesn't mean all of the news, just some sources. He watches Fox News from what I have heard so I doubt he means them.
    He can point to any false news report and claim that is proof.
    Sky news recently got this story wrong.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-sources-jamal-khashoggis-body-parts-found-11533202

Turkey is demanding to know where the body parts are, so the link above is fake news. The New York Post reported the story and Sky News was their source so they could be called fake news as well.

Fake news is a very non specific term. Hard to prove or disprove something so vague.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 07:011 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Evidence that the news is fake? He doesn't mean all of the news, just some sources. He watches Fox News from what I have heard so I doubt he means them.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-sources-jamal-khashoggis-body-parts-found-11533202

Turkey is demanding to know ...[text shortened]... ews as well.

Fake news is a very non specific term. Hard to prove or disprove something so vague.
    Trump claims that one third of Americans believe X. Where's the evidence for that?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 07:22
    @moonbus said
    Trump claims that one third of Americans believe X. Where's the evidence for that?
    Trump claims a lot of stuff that's not true.

What's new?
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 07:24
    @suzianne said
    Trump claims a lot of stuff that's not true.

What's new?
    Same old same old. He'll be gone next election. And he'll claim the election was rigged, just as he claimed the previous one would be (if he lost).
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 07:332 edits
    @MetalBrain

It's not about one story or one news outlet which got one story wrong. It's about claiming that one third of Americans believe X. It does not matter what X stands for. It could be the claim that one third of Americans believe in God, or believe that there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll, or that the moon is made of green cheese. Where's the evidence that one third of Americans _______ <fill in the blank>.

Where and when was the poll or survey conducted? Who carried out the poll or survey? How many people were actually polled / surveyed? What was the exact wording of the question ("Do you believe the mainstream media are the enemy of the people?" or "Do you trust news media in general?" or "Is Donald Trump being victimised by hostile media?" )? Who funded the poll / survey? What research institute verified the result? Where was the result published?
  9. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 07:511 edit
    @shavixmir said
    Says trump.

I bet there are republicans here, on this board, who even with the whole international community available to them, are gonna agree with trump, even tho ...[text shortened]... zis, Mussolini and Stalin all blamed main stream media for lying as well...

Patterns and suckers.
    Says trump.

shavixmir- This is true. I glad you see fit to keep reminding people of this, since they need reminding.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 08:28
    @moonbus said
    @MetalBrain

It's not about one story or one news outlet which got one story wrong. It's about claiming that one third of Americans believe X. It does not matter what X stands for. It could be the claim that one third of Americans believe in God, or believe that there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll, or that the moon is made of green cheese. Where's the evidence th ...[text shortened]... nded the poll / survey? What research institute verified the result? Where was the result published?
    What poll? Shav never said anything about a poll.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 08:361 edit
    @moonbus said
    You didn't say anything specific. Evidence for X? That makes no sense. Nobody can provide evidence for something that never happened.

Ask Shav for his source of info if he is citing a poll. You are writing the wrong person.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 09:202 edits
    @Metal-Brain

Below is a link to the story about Trump's latest rant against the media:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46053036

It's bloody obvious that there was no poll, and shav didn't think there was one either. There is no fact behind Trump's claim that one third of Americans think the media are a public enemy. Trump is just venting his frustration. The pity is that some people will believe it anyway, in defiance of fact, because they want to believe in Donald Trump as much as Donald Trump wants to believe in Donald Trump, and those who do (believe in Trump) won't bother to do a reality check by asking questions like "was there a poll?" "Did anyone actually research this claim?"
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 09:50
    @metal-brain said

Turkey is demanding to know ...[text shortened]... ews as well.

Don't you think it odd that depending on what you like or dislike in politics causes
    one media station or another be the enemy? If you hate Fox, what is the political
    slant for those that do, or if you hate CNN, MSN what is the political slant for those
    that do?
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 09:58
    @shavixmir said
    Says trump.

Patterns and suckers.
    you think maybe the distrust is because most so called journalist are using their jobs to invalidate a valid election?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/12/15/the_medias_democratic_ties_135794.amp.html
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 10:07
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you think maybe the distrust is because most so called journalist are using their jobs to invalidate a valid election?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/12/15/the_medias_democratic_ties_135794.amp.html
    You really are a dullard, aren't you?