Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 26 Aug '12 03:37 / 1 edit
    Anyone see the movie? I just did. It was pretty good and seems to be doing well at the box office.

    Instead of the useless dribble of Obama lovers vs. Obama haters regarding the movie, I think it would be more useful to discuss whether these movies are now the status quo come election time. After all, Michael Moore did a movie right before the last major election which attacked the Republicans and now it is the turn of the Democrats it seems.

    I guess the question could be asked, are the movies the best way to reach people now days?

    For those who did not see it, the movie was a quick synopsis of how Obama was surrounded by radical leftists from day one till he was elected president. Of course, most know that his faither who he idealized was a Marxist, and his book was entitled dreams of my father. He then interviewed whomever he could find that was from Obama's past. That is, those that would give an interview. He then used quotes from Obama's book coupled with the interviews to paint a picture of who and what Obama is really about.
  2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    26 Aug '12 03:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    I guess the question could be asked, are the movies the best way to reach people now days?
    Are movies the best way to reach you?
  3. 26 Aug '12 03:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are movies the best way to reach you?
    I have to say, before watching the movie I was all set to vote for Barry. Howvever, now I'm not so sure.
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    26 Aug '12 04:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have to say, before watching the movie I was all set to vote for Barry. Howvever, now I'm not so sure.
    Movies don't reach me. Do you think movies are the best way to reach you?
  5. 26 Aug '12 04:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Movies down't reach me. Do you think movies are the best way to reach you?
    I am talking about the public FMF. Most only get tid bits, if that, from the state run press.
  6. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    26 Aug '12 04:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am talking about the public FMF. Most only get tid bits, if that, from the state run press.
    You and I are members of the public too, whodey. Do you reckon movies are the best way to reach you?
  7. 26 Aug '12 04:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    You and I are members of the public too, whodey. Do you reckon movies are the best way to reach you?
    No one can reach me FMF. God knows if you can't no one can.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    26 Aug '12 04:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    No one can reach me FMF. God knows if you can't no one can.
    Joking aside, with reference to your OP - Are movies the best way to reach you?
  9. 26 Aug '12 04:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Joking aside, with reference to your OP - Are movies the best way to reach you?
    No, the best way is by phone.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    26 Aug '12 04:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, the best way is by phone.
    Yes, yes, but joking aside - this thread topic of yours, you asked "are the movies the best way to reach people now days?" - well, is a movie the best way to reach you politically?
  11. 26 Aug '12 05:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, yes, but joking aside - this thread topic of yours, you asked "are the movies the best way to reach people now days?" - well, is a movie the best way to reach you politically?
    Who says I'm joking? The best way to reach me is by phone.

    This thread is about propogandizing for political gain, no matter which side you do it on. Is the money better spent on idiot nonsensical comercials, or on movies that are at least entertaining on some level?

    Although I don't care much for Michael Moore, I think he started something revolutionary in this regard.
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    26 Aug '12 05:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Who says I'm joking? The best way to reach me is by phone.
    Telephone calls propogandizing for political gain are best way to reach you? I find that hard to believe.

    Do you reckon movies are the best way to reach people nowadays?
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    26 Aug '12 05:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    Who says I'm joking? The best way to reach me is by phone.

    This thread is about propogandizing for political gain, no matter which side you do it on. Is the money better spent on idiot nonsensical comercials, or on movies that are at least entertaining on some level?

    Although I don't care much for Michael Moore, I think he started something revolutionary in this regard.
    Moore made movies about current issues, not attacks based on someone's parentage. The whole concept of the movie you have described is contemptible; since when is having a favorable opinion of your father considered to be something that makes a man unworthy of public office?
  14. Donation Luck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    26 Aug '12 06:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    Anyone see the movie? I just did. It was pretty good and seems to be doing well at the box office.

    Instead of the useless dribble of Obama lovers vs. Obama haters regarding the movie, I think it would be more useful to discuss whether these movies are now the status quo come election time. After all, Michael Moore did a movie right before the last major ...[text shortened]... a's book coupled with the interviews to paint a picture of who and what Obama is really about.
    Great Movie!

    Sincerely,

    Harri / Luck
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    26 Aug '12 07:21
    Originally posted by Luck
    Great Movie!
    Would it have been even more effective if it'd been a telephone call?