Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    08 Dec '15 09:39 / 1 edit
    Desides bombing the hell out of ISIS, the following is the best idea I have heard this year.

BAN MUSLIM IMMIGRANTS FROM ENTER USA

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Monday called for a ban on Muslims entering the United States in the most dramatic response by a candidate yet to last week's shooting spree by two Muslims who the FBI said had been radicalized.

"We have no choice," Trump said at a rally in South Carolina, warning of more Sept. 11-style attacks if stern measures are not taken.

Trump's statement on "preventing Muslim immigration" drew swift and fierce blowback from many directions, including the White House, rivals for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton and Republican former Vice President Dick Cheney, who said the idea "goes against everything we stand for and believe in."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKBN0TQ2N320151208#hFvmzwZJZowdLihC.97
  2. 08 Dec '15 11:13
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
  3. Subscriber C J Horse
    A stable personality
    08 Dec '15 11:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Desides bombing the hell out of ISIS, the following is the best idea I have heard this year.

[b]BAN MUSLIM IMMIGRANTS FROM ENTER USA

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Monday called for a ban on Muslims entering the United States in the most dramatic response by a candidate yet to last week's shooting spree by two Muslims who the ...[text shortened]...
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKBN0TQ2N320151208#hFvmzwZJZowdLihC.97[/b]
    ... and how does the idiot Trump plan to decide who is a Muslim?
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    08 Dec '15 11:23

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Monday called for a ban on Muslims entering the United States in the most dramatic response by a candidate yet to last week's shooting spree by two Muslims who the ...[text shortened]...
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKBN0TQ2N320151208#hFvmzwZJZowdLihC.97[/b]
    Oh yeah, GREAT idea. Ignoring the issue there are already millions of Muslims in the US, you ban Muslims from entering the US. Ok, so now thousands of real victims of rape, torture and so forth and children needing immediate medical attention are kept out while the real terrorists just claim they are now Christian and get in anyway. Oh yes, a REAL friendly policy.

You AND trump are asssholes, yet again proving it.
  5. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    08 Dec '15 11:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Preventing Muslim immigrants from entering the USA when they do not have the right to enter in the first place is not violating the Constitution or any law.
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    08 Dec '15 11:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Oh yeah, GREAT idea. Ignoring the issue there are already millions of Muslims in the US, you ban Muslims from entering the US. Ok, so now thousands of real victims of rape, torture and so forth and children needing immediate medical attention are kept out while the real terrorists just claim they are now Christian and get in anyway. Oh yes, a REAL friendly policy.

You AND trump are asssholes, yet again proving it.
    I am happy to be in such good company. I did not serve in this country's Armed Forces to allow this country to be destroyed by Mexican and Muslim immigrants. This is the kind of defensive action we need from a Commander in Chief.

This only makes me more determined to vote for Donald Trump, if I get a chance. I am ready for a real man and a real women to be in the White House.
  7. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    08 Dec '15 11:44
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    ... and how does the idiot Trump plan to decide who is a Muslim?
    It will be easy for someone like Trump. It is called organization, security intelligence background checks, and vetting.
  8. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    08 Dec '15 12:20
    Can we assume trade will now cease with countries like Saudi Arabia and Indonesia and Britain? Or are muslims in those countries expected to cheerfully accept that they have no access to the USA while the USA has open access to their economies?

Lucky China is not a muslim country or the USA economy would collapse overnight.
  9. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    08 Dec '15 12:26
    It will be easy for someone like Trump. It is called organization, security intelligence background checks, and vetting.
    It is called delusion.
  10. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    08 Dec '15 12:56
    I am happy to be in such good company. I did not serve in this country's Armed Forces to allow this country to be destroyed by Mexican and Muslim immigrants. This is the kind of defensive action we need from a Commander in Chief.

This only makes me more determined to vote for Donald Trump, if I get a chance. I am ready for a real man and a real women to be in the White House.
    Of course. It goes along perfectly with your religious brain washing. The harder someone tries to refute your bullshyte the harder you are taught to fight back.

I also notice you failed to even TRY to refute my statements like the victims of their countries really needing assistance now not getting it and the real terrorists now claiming to be Christian, wearing crosses, having a bible in their pocket.

You are living in a delusional world. But we knew that years ago. BTW, Trump is just a shock jock. He would never do ANY of the things he has said publicly. You are double duped.

BTW, I served 4 years in the military myself so don't feel like you can stand on the 'I served' bandwagon like nobody else here has.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    08 Dec '15 13:24

For the love of dear Allah, please tell me you're trolling.
  12. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    08 Dec '15 13:34 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    For the love of dear Allah, please tell me you're trolling.
    I think it's Trump that's trolling. If you can set aside the blatant unconstitutionality and utter impracticality of such a proposal, this might be smart for Trump politically.

Just as he slips behind Cruz in Iowa, and our idiot president tells us to be tolerant and disarm ourselves to defeat ISIS, Trump throws out some bombastic BS that starts a media frenzy wherein his contenders have to line up, with Obama, to his left. It's the art of the deal baby. RJH laps it up.
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    08 Dec '15 13:41
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I think it's Trump that's trolling. If you can set aside the blatant unconstitutionality and utter impracticality of such a proposal, this might be smart for Trump politically.

Just as he slips behind Cruz in Iowa, and our idiot president tells us to be tolerant and disarm ourselves to defeat ISIS, Trump throws out some bombastic BS that that starts a m ...[text shortened]... enders have to line up, with Obama, to his left. It's the art of the deal baby. RJH laps it up.
    I can't say I ever expected much more out of Trump, but his recent tantrum and series of incredible whoppers is beyond the pale (even for him). If he is competitive in the nomination process after this, it will be most disappointing. I hope and think that this will be too much even for him to overcome and that he won't win a single primary or caucus.

I do tend to agree that Obama's mealy-mouthed weakness helps explains why some people are driven into the arms of this raving lunatic (another interesting theory: http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2015/12/07/obamas-terror-speech-perfectly-highlights-reasons-for-trumps-rise/) but I'm still hoping for enough people to show maturity and send Trump either to an insane asylum or talk radio.
  14. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    08 Dec '15 13:48 / 1 edit
    I can't say I ever expected much more out of Trump, but his recent tantrum and series of incredible whoppers is beyond the pale (even for him). If he is competitive in the nomination process after this, it will be most disappointing. I hope and think that this will be too much even for him to overcome and that he won't win a single primary or caucus.

I do t ...[text shortened]... ping for enough people to show maturity and send Trump either to an insane asylum or talk radio.
    It won't be disappointing for me to see him as the Republican nominee. That would ensure Hillary the presidency. I am rooting for Trump He is STILL an assshole no matter which way you look at it.

A Trump nominee would also ensure Republicans would lose both houses too.

GO TRUMP!
  15. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    08 Dec '15 13:54

I do t ...[text shortened]... ping for enough people to show maturity and send Trump either to an insane asylum or talk radio.
    I think you should prepare to be disappointed. This was no gaffe. It's what he does, and it seems to work.