Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 19:08
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I realize you think I have all the answers.

That's understandable.

So I declare to all the following:

Here ye, here ye!! 3-D printers can create guns so ban all the 3-D printer ink! 😛

Seriously, it's a question for society. IF society decides to ban guns, then they will have to ban the printers. It's just that simple.
    "I realize you think I have all the answers."

No, quite the opposite.

"IF society decides to ban guns, then they will have to ban the printers."

Well, congrats on somewhat answering a question, I guess, even if it's more retarded than Corky from Life Goes On.

Certain household chemicals can be used to create pretty dangerous bombs. Are you therefore of the opinion that a) society should not have any problems with households having such bombs or b) society should restrict all of those household chemicals?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 19:101 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    "I realize you think I have all the answers."

No, quite the opposite.

"IF society decides to ban guns, then they will have to ban the printers."

Well, congrats on somewhat answering a question, I guess, even if it's more retarded than Corky from Life Goes On.

Certain household chemicals can be used to create pretty dangerous bombs. Are yo ...[text shortened]... ith households having such bombs or b) society should restrict all of those household chemicals?
    I have never used a 3-D printer but if it is easy enough to use, just pressing a few buttons to make a gun, I would gather it is far easier than trying to figure out how to assemble a bomb.

And yes, materials to make bombs are watched by the authorities currently.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 19:33
    I have never used a 3-D printer but if it is easy enough to use, just pressing a few buttons to make a gun, I would gather it is far easier than trying to figure out how to assemble a bomb.

And yes, materials to make bombs are watched by the authorities currently.
    No, making nasty bombs is supereasy using those household chemicals.

So, do we allow bombs or do we forbid those chemicals?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 20:36
    No, making nasty bombs is supereasy using those household chemicals.

So, do we allow bombs or do we forbid those chemicals?
    The far left is fixated on guns, not bombs.

We are only discussing the far Left here.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 21:321 edit
    The far left is fixated on guns, not bombs.

We are only discussing the far Left here.
    Oh, look. For just a brief moment I got you to reply to a question, before returning to your worn-out shtick.

Well, the question stands, Whodey, when you're not to busy dodging.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 20:11
    Oh, look. For just a brief moment I got you to reply to a question, before returning to your worn-out shtick.

Well, the question stands, Whodey, when you're not to busy dodging.
    Oh look, Left winged dolts suing Trump over the use of 3-D printers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-questions-3-d-gun-sales-u-states-123358352.html

I reckon I started a thread ahead of its time. 😵
  7. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 20:44
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Making black powder is easy. The hardest part is grinding the charcoaI fine enough to burn fast. I used to make home made bottle rockets from it when I was a kid. Good enough for a muzzle loader, but I'm sure better gun powders are out there to buy.

This is the internet age. People will find a way to make anything prohibited if they are motivated enough. Pandora's box is wide open.
    What did you mix with the charcoal? Gunpowder normally has some sort of oxidant.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 22:56
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    What did you mix with the charcoal? Gunpowder normally has some sort of oxidant.
    Salt peter was the oxidant.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 00:50
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung to Mott-the-Hoopie
    That's what the AK47 was specifically designed for. Uneducated workers to make by hand.
    The British Sten submachine gun was (arguably) the crudest automatic weapon ever designed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sten

"The Sten used simple stamped metal components and minor welding, which required
    minimal machining and manufacturing. Much of the production could be performed by
    small workshops, with the firearms assembled at the Enfield site. Over the period of
    manufacture the Sten design was further simplified: the most basic model, the Mark III,
    could be produced from five man-hours of work. Some of the cheapest versions were
    made from only 47 different parts."

"The Sten has been described by Max Hastings as: "highly unreliable, prone to jamming,
    and inaccurate beyond 30 metres. It was unsuitable for guerrilla operations in open country
    because it encouraged waste of ammunition. But it was easy and cheap to produce, a
    gun was said to cost fifteen shillings (three quarters of a pound), and was supplied to
    the (French) Resistance in huge quantities."

Reportedly, in occupied Europe some underground workshops could produce the Sten.
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 02:47
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khyber_Pass_copy
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 02:47
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Salt peter was the oxidant.
    Where did you get it
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 06:09
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Where did you get it
    The drug store. I got the sulfur there too. That was a long time ago though. You could probably get it cheaper from other sources now.