Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    14 Mar '19 23:13
    King Donald couldn't even get the Republican Senate to back his border wall national emergency fraud.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '19 23:15
    @no1marauder said
    King Donald couldn't even get the Republican Senate to back his border wall national emergency fraud.
    they are making too much money off illegal immigration. thought you were against the rich folks.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 02:17
    @mott-the-hoople said
    they are making too much money off illegal immigration. thought you were against the rich folks.
    I could watch Republicans desperately throwing each other under the bus all day long.
  4. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 03:00
    @no1marauder said
    Not enough to override the veto 😛
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 12:491 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Any time the two party frauds agree, get ready to get bent over.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 13:521 edit
    @whodey said
    Any time the two party frauds agree, get ready to get bent over.
    Donald stealing money he couldn't get Congress to authorize for his vanity project turns out to be a bit much even for some Republicans.

Not his loyal minions here though.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 13:571 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Donald stealing money he couldn't get Congress to authorize for his vanity project turns out to be a bit much even for some Republicans.

Not his loyal minions here though.
    My guess is that Trump waited till the Dims took the House because his own party would not have voted for the wall.

They certainly changed their tune quickly about repealing and replacing Obamacare.

The GOP are really all Dims pretending to be conservatives.

Just a sad existence.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 14:111 edit
    @whodey said
    My guess is that Trump waited till the Dims took the House because his own party would not have voted for the wall.

They certainly changed their tune quickly about repealing and replacing Obamacare.

The GOP are really all Dims pretending to be conservatives.

Just a sad existence.
    The Donald could have had full funding for his wall in February 2018 if he had compromised on DACA reform (which he had claimed to support) and not insisted on a bunch of measures to reduce legal immigration. But playing to the segment of his base which is irremediably racist was more important to him.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 14:48
    @no1marauder said
    The Donald could have had full funding for his wall in February 2018 if he had compromised on DACA reform (which he had claimed to support) and not insisted on a bunch of measures to reduce legal immigration. But playing to the segment of his base which is irremediably racist was more important to him.
    a lie
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 15:19
    @mott-the-hoople said
    a lie
    It's hard to tell if he knows what is a lie or just what he has convinced himself of believing.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 15:20
    @mott-the-hoople said
    a lie
    You really should stop accusing me of lying when the facts that show I am not are easily and publicly available:

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/nation-world/senate-rejects-daca-bill-25-billion-for-wall/67-519361171
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 15:231 edit
    @whodey said
    It's hard to tell if he knows what is a lie or just what he has convinced himself of believing.
    Right wingers seem to easily convince themselves that things they really want to be true are true.

Trump refused to endorse and even threatened to veto a plan produced by Manchin (D-WV) and Collins (R-ME) that would have done exactly what I said. Due to his opposition it failed to get a filibuster proof majority in the Senate though it did get 54 votes.

Those are facts whether you and Mott want to accept them or not.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 15:42
    @no1marauder said
    Right wingers seem to easily convince themselves that things they really want to be true are true.

Trump refused to endorse and even threatened to veto a plan produced by Manchin (D-WV) and Collins (R-ME) that would have done exactly what I said. Due to his opposition it failed to get a filibuster proof majority in the Senate though it did get 54 votes.

Those are facts whether you and Mott want to accept them or not.
    As your article points out, the opposing side indicated that the restrictions lifted on illegal immigration would put an end to pretty much all immigration enforcement in the US. What good is a wall if you can't limit the immigration?

Also, the legislation gave $25 billion for a wall, but only given slowly over a 10 year period.

I'm guessing that this immoral wall would have been stopped once Trump left office in 4 years, if it had even been started at all.

The border needs to be secured, then we can debate immigration. If the border is not secure, it is pointless to debate immigration.

That is just simple logic.
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 15:46
    @whodey said
    As your article points out, the opposing side indicated that the restrictions lifted on illegal immigration would put an end to pretty much all immigration enforcement in the US. What good is a wall if you can't limit the immigration?

Also, the legislation gave $25 billion for a wall, but only given slowly over a 10 year period.

I'm guessing that this immoral wall wou ...[text shortened]... . If the border is not secure, it is pointless to debate immigration.

That is just simple logic.
    Your first sentence is utter nonsense. There was nothing in the bill that would have ended "all immigration enforcement in the US".

"What good is a wall" is an excellent question, but the Donald wanted one so the Dems were willing to give it to him IF he compromised on other matters (and one, DACA reform, he had consistently said he supported). That's called "governing" sometimes right wingers seem unable to do.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 16:031 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Your first sentence is utter nonsense. There was nothing in the bill that would have ended "all immigration enforcement in the US".

"What good is a wall" is an excellent question, but the Donald wanted one so the Dems were willing to give it to him IF he compromised on other matters (and one, DACA reform, he had consistently said he supported). That's called "governing" sometimes right wingers seem unable to do.
    Pelosi said that walls were immoral and nonstarter in terms of negotiation.

Does not sound like you or she is telling us the truth.