Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 21:01
    This could also go in the spirituality section.

But I think it's more interesting to deposit this in the more lively debate section where there's always much support for both LGBTQ and mass migration.

The fact of the matter is that Islam, like Christianity, doesn't support gay culture, and the large demographic shifts that Europe is experiencing are a potent threat against the long term goals of LGBTQ.

But frankly, good for those Muslims. They've got the right idea. Islam has the right idea on many social issues.

Furious Muslim parents withdraw children from school claiming their children are being brainwashed about gay rights in equality lessons

The pupils, aged between 4 and 11, are being kept home from Parkfield Community School in Birmingham to protest the school's 'No Outsiders' programme, which teaches children about LGBT lifestyles.

The children involved in the mass exodus represent about 80 per cent of the school's entire enrolment.

The Alum Community Rock Forum told Birmingham Live the pupils were pulled out of the classroom, because the school was 'undermining parental rights and aggressively promoting homosexuality'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6766643/Birmingham-Muslim-parents-withdraw-600-children-Parkfield-Community-School-LGBT-lessons.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Va8kVlzeqr3suAcmr9c2MW8-T8R-DLtxKxJPHHYH-8c5UxFOEA8BVv9A
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 21:22
    @philokalia said

But I think it's more interesting to deposit this in the more lively debate section where there's always much support for both LGBTQ and mass migration.

The fact of the matter is that Islam, like Christianity, doesn't support gay culture, and the large demographic shifts that Europe is experiencing are a potent threat ...[text shortened]... essons.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Va8kVlzeqr3suAcmr9c2MW8-T8R-DLtxKxJPHHYH-8c5UxFOEA8BVv9A
    What does Philokalia imagine are "the long term goals of LGBTQ"?
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 21:23
    @philokalia said

The fact of the matter is that Islam, like Christianity, doesn't support gay culture, and the large demographic shifts that Europe is experiencing are a potent threat ...[text shortened]... essons.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Va8kVlzeqr3suAcmr9c2MW8-T8R-DLtxKxJPHHYH-8c5UxFOEA8BVv9A
    I hate intolerant people! They should be lined up and shot!

</sarcasm>
  4. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 21:25
    @duchess64 said
    What does Philokalia imagine are "the long term goals of LGBTQ"?
    That "heteronormativity" is completely erased and alternative sexuality is viewed not just as on an equal standing as heterosexuality but is protected from criticism and an important theme for equality.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 21:46
    @philokalia said
    That "heteronormativity" is completely erased and alternative sexuality is viewed not just as on an equal standing as heterosexuality but is protected from criticism and an important theme for equality.
    Alternative sexualities should be protected from discrimination, yes. But who says they are beyond criticism?
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 21:54
    @philokalia said
    Does Philokalia object to LGBTQ people having equal legal rights with non-LGBTQ people?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:05
    @philokalia said
    it is in fact on equal standing as heterosexuality. as is asexuality or bisexuality.

being heterosexual is not "normal". being heterosexual is simply being in the majority.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:071 edit
    @moonbus said
    Alternative sexualities should be protected from discrimination, yes. But who says they are beyond criticism?
    what criticism would you have for what two consenting adults do in their bedroom?

it's not that it's beyond criticism, it's that it should be none of anyone's business what two adults do. Criticisim towards a kind of sexuality is nonsensical. If you have criticism, criticize the individual on whatever shortcoming you may think of.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:26
    @philokalia said
    Equal rights? The horror!
  10. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:34
    @moonbus said
    You're preaching to the choir.

I believe all sex outside of a monogamous heterosexual marriage is undesirable. Of course, its effects shouldn't be exaggerated. Plenty of people do have promiscuous sex and don't ruin their lives, and there are very talented and wonderful gay people.

But the collective values of society in terms of sexual ethics should be family oriented.
  11. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:36
    @zahlanzi said
    what criticism would you have for what two consenting adults do in their bedroom?

it's not that it's beyond criticism, it's that it should be none of anyone's business what two adults do. Criticisim towards a kind of sexuality is nonsensical. If you have criticism, criticize the individual on whatever shortcoming you may think of.
    It isn't really anyone's business if every other day I get drunk in my home and if I play video games non stop, never aspiring to more....

But it would be entirely appropriate to advocate your views as a teetotaler or as someone who thinks indulging in video games all the time is foolish, right?

You are trying to make it out like we are attacking individuals.
  12. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:37
    @kazetnagorra said
    Equal rights? The horror!
    Actually, I said...

How you going to strawman something while quoting it, lol.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:40
    @philokalia said
    I believe all sex outside of a monogamous heterosexual marriage is undesirable.
    I believe everyone should eat 6 portions of fruit/veg a day.

But I'm happy to let you eat what you want.
  14. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:49
    @duchess64 said
    Does Philokalia object to LGBTQ people having equal legal rights with non-LGBTQ people?
    No, not at all.

But, of course, I'm sure that we define these things differently..
    So it's a rhetorically useless question to anyone who understands the depth of the debate.

Why not cut to the chase?
  15. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:50
    @wolfgang59 said
    I believe everyone should eat 6 portions of fruit/veg a day.

But I'm happy to let you eat what you want.
    Right.

Did I say that I want to set up special laws or task forces about this? If course not.