Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 20 Nov '11 13:23 / 2 edits
    http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/qatar/arab/league-seeks-solutions-as-70-per-cent-of-arab-youth-want-to-emigrate-1.916043

According to the Arab League, about 70% of Arab youth want to emigrate out of the region they are currently in. They cite joblessness and a lack of political participation as the cause of these yearnings.

However, the question must be asked, as these Muslims migrate to the West and plot down roots and clamor for Sharia law, are they not participating in creating the same backward societies that they escaped from?

Another question might be, is this purposeful? After all, some in Islam would like nothing better than to see the world under Sharia law. If so, such migrations would be needed. I suppose it might be seen as a form of metastisis.
  2. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    20 Nov '11 13:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/qatar/arab/league-seeks-solutions-as-70-per-cent-of-arab-youth-want-to-emigrate-1.916043

According to the Arab League, about 70% of Arab youth want to emigrate out of the region they are currently in. They cite joblessness and a lack of political participation as the cause of these yearnings.

However, the question must be ...[text shortened]... nothing better than to see the world under Sharia law. If so, such migrations would be needed.
    Show me some stats on what percentage of Muslim youths want Sharia Law please whodey.
  3. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    20 Nov '11 13:45
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Show me some stats on what percentage of Muslim youths want Sharia Law please whodey.
    I quite agree...'misinformed' I'd suggest, the OP...Choose your sources wisely !!
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Nov '11 13:45

However, the question must be ...[text shortened]... w. If so, such migrations would be needed. I suppose it might be seen as a form of metastisis.
    Have Arab Americans created a "backward society" in the U.S.?
  5. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Nov '11 13:46
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I quite agree...'misinformed' I'd suggest, the OP...Choose your sources wisely !!
    Oh. Well now. I think whodey chooses his sources quite deliberately, RevRSleeker.
  6. 20 Nov '11 13:58
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Just looking at the UK, it appears that about 40% of the Muslim immigrants want Sharia law.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html
  7. 20 Nov '11 14:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have Arab Americans created a "backward society" in the U.S.?
    As I watch more and more women walk around with veils on I wonder. Such oppression of women in a "free" society is rather frightening to me.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Nov '11 14:02
    As I watch more and more women walk around with veils on I wonder. Such oppression of women in a "free" society is rather frightening to me.
    Your personal anecdote doesn't really answer the question. Are you able to demonstrate that Arab Americans have created a "backward society" in the U.S.?
  9. 20 Nov '11 14:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your personal anecdote doesn't really answer the question. Are you able to demonstrate that Arab Americans have created a "backward society" in the U.S.?
    If a large percentage of the population from Arkansas moves to Indonesia, would they instantly create a backward society? No, but they would be adding to it wouldn't they?

Of course, what would make the situation worse is if they did not "mix" with the rest of the population and had lots and lots and lots of children.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Nov '11 14:06
    If a large percentage of the population from Arkansas moves to Indonesia, would they instantly create a backward society? No, but they would be adding to it wouldn't they?

Of course, what would make the situation worse is if they did not "mix" with the rest of the population and had lots and lots and lots of children.
    Er, ok. So. Are you able to demonstrate that Arab Americans have created a "backward society" in the U.S.?
  11. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Nov '11 14:08
    What is the birth rate among Arab Americans? What do you mean when you say they "do not mix" with other Americans?
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    20 Nov '11 14:16
    If women choose in the US to "walk around with veils on" because of their religious beliefs, how is this "oppression" of them? Yes a "free society" will allow this; it wouldn't be very free if it didn't. How this is "frightening" in any way is a puzzle.
  13. 20 Nov '11 14:23
    There are approximately 1 million muslims in the Netherlands. It takes roughly 70,000 votes to get one seat (out of 150) in parliament (fully proportional represenation). Muslim parties currently hold no seats - if muslims were that interested in implementing Sharia law they surely would have entered parliament with a pro-sharia party by now. They haven't. Instead, most of them appear to be voting for the Labour party.
  14. 20 Nov '11 14:25

What "situation" would be worse? I thought mankind was over this eugenics thing by now.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    20 Nov '11 14:27
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    There are approximately 1 million muslims in the Netherlands. It takes roughly 70,000 votes to get one seat (out of 150) in parliament (fully proportional represenation). Muslim parties currently hold no seats - if muslims were that interested in implementing Sharia law they surely would have entered parliament with a pro-sharia party by now. They haven't. Instead, most of them appear to be voting for the Labour party.
    Yes, but when 70% of the Arab youths emigrate from ArabLand to the Netherlands they'll take over Labour and all other parties and then impose Sharia Law on all you wooden shoe wearers.