Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 16 Jul '13 21:55
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/74-of-small-businesses-will-fire-workers-cut-hours-under-obamacare/article/2533131

Natural consequence of bad policy. Make it more expensive to have full time employees and you give employers incentive to get rid of full time employees. Anyone with half a brain should understand this concept.
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    18 Jul '13 05:07 / 1 edit
    Anyone with half a brain knows that no employer will keep a worker that doesn't make a profit for him. And that no employer will get rid of a worker that does make a profit for him. And why should he? Jobs aren't a birthright.
  3. 18 Jul '13 11:55
    Single payer, save us!!

[WORD TOO LONG]

Now excuse me while I lay in the street waiting do die till Obamamama comes to the rescue once again.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    18 Jul '13 14:20
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Anyone with half a brain knows that no employer will keep a worker that doesn't make a profit for him. And that no employer will get rid of a worker that does make a profit for him. And why should he? Jobs aren't a birthright.
    And if the PPACA tips the balance to the point that it makes it more advantageous to the employer to fire an employee and the employer in fact does so then, at least with respect to that situation, the PPACA has done bad thing for the economy and the overall health of the country.
  5. 18 Jul '13 15:08 / 1 edit
    I have to agree with Whodey. We apparently need a single payer system. At first I was not in favor of single payer. However, the fact is U.S. citizens need basic health care coverage one way or the other. It is simply cruel to deny people health care. Failing to fund education, failing to provide universal health care and failing to provide a safety net of food, shelter and clothing for those who fall through the cracks is turning the U.S. into a third world country where two classes will exist; the rich and poor with no real middle class. Just look at one of the Koch brothers recent statement that even the poorest in the U.S. are part of the top 1% when compared to the rest of the world. The super rich in the U.S. are perfectly happy to see poverty increase with paupers begging on our streets. They will be in gated communities where they never have to see any of the poverty their policies create.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    18 Jul '13 16:44
    Originally posted by Phranny
    I have to agree with Whodey. We apparently need a single payer system. At first I was not in favor of single payer. However, the fact is U.S. citizens need basic health care coverage one way or the other. It is simply cruel to deny people health care. Failing to fund education, failing to provide universal health care and failing to provide a safety net ...[text shortened]... l be in gated communities where they never have to see any of the poverty their policies create.
    Slums provide them with prostitutes
  7. 18 Jul '13 17:16
    If the leftists don't like Obamacare either, then what would stop us from repealing it?

Oh yeah, the real people in charge, the people making money on Obamacare.
  8. 19 Jul '13 04:13
    I just can't wait till Hillary runs in 2016. What will she do, defend Obamacare? By that time it will hurt her chances. However, if she attacks it and wishes to replace the new legislation people like her praised with the single payer, won't it make them all look like buffoons?
  9. 19 Jul '13 12:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    I just can't wait till Hillary runs in 2016. What will she do, defend Obamacare? By that time it will hurt her chances. However, if she attacks it and wishes to replace the new legislation people like her praised with the single payer, won't it make them all look like buffoons?
    The problem for politicians is that while those that have any brain capacity know that a single payer system is more efficient, they also know that it's unpopular. Saying that voters who disagree with a single payer system are retarded or ignorant might be very true, but it won't get you elected.
  10. 19 Jul '13 13:04
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The problem for politicians is that while those that have any brain capacity know that a single payer system is more efficient, they also know that it's unpopular. Saying that voters who disagree with a single payer system are retarded or ignorant might be very true, but it won't get you elected.
    Not to worry, the US will have a single payer system. I think the powers that be have already determined this. All they are trying to do now is convince everyone that it is a good thing.

I think they would prefer to have close to at least half the populace embrace it before they shove it down our throats, but if not, so be it.
  11. 19 Jul '13 13:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    Not to worry, the US will have a single payer system. I think the powers that be have already determined this. All they are trying to do now is convince everyone that it is a good thing.

I think they would prefer to have close to at least half the populace embrace it before they shove it down our throats, but if not, so be it.
    Yes, the "powers that be" are surely hard at work convincing people of the benefits of a single payer system.
  12. 19 Jul '13 14:37
    Yes, the "powers that be" are surely hard at work convincing people of the benefits of a single payer system.
    Do the powers that be in European countries use the same medical system as the rest of the population? Or do they get special treatment?
  13. 19 Jul '13 16:48
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do the powers that be in European countries use the same medical system as the rest of the population? Or do they get special treatment?
    It seems to be a difficult thing for you to grasp that different European countries have different systems. Some systems have private health care facilities in addition to public ones, others make no distinction or have private health care services only for certain specific things e.g. cosmetic surgery. I'm not aware of any "special treatment" for politicians.
  14. 19 Jul '13 17:18
    It seems to be a difficult thing for you to grasp that different European countries have different systems. Some systems have private health care facilities in addition to public ones, others make no distinction or have private health care services only for certain specific things e.g. cosmetic surgery. I'm not aware of any "special treatment" for politicians.
    Do the powers that be use the public single payer system?

The answer is no.
  15. 19 Jul '13 18:11
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do the powers that be use the public single payer system?

The answer is no.
    I guess you have some reading comprehension problems. The answer is yes, to varying degrees.