Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    23 May '17 12:47
    False flag?
    Staged event?
    Real tragedy?

Discuss.
  2. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    23 May '17 13:13
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    False flag?
    Staged event?
    Real tragedy?

Discuss.
    You have the compassion of a cobra.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/world/europe/manchester-bombing-pictures-ariana-grande.html

SO FAR 22 people DIED you assswipe.
  3. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    23 May '17 13:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/world/europe/manchester-bombing-pictures-ariana-grande.html

Don't get your thong in a wad, sonhouse.
    It's a staged event.
  4. Standard member vivify
    rain
    23 May '17 13:51

There is a point where Muslims need to start taking more responsibility for the extremists in their own factions. Radical Muslims won't listen to the rest of the world, but the may listen to other Muslims. We need Muslims to start actively doing something, not just releasing statements after an attack about how they don't condone the actions of radicals.

I'm sure a few Muslim groups exist with the purpose of stopping extremism, but they don't make much of a presence. Obviously, this is a complex and even dangerous undertaking, but Muslims need to do much more to be proactive.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/deaths-injuries-confirmed-after-explosions-heard-u-k-concert-featuring-n763286

A statement issued by Muslim organizations in the Manchester area said the community was "saddened and horrified" by the attack.

It added: "The perpetrators, whoever they may be, must bear the full consequences of their actions."

This is a needed statement. But it can't stop here. Activism from Muslims world-wide that reaches Muslim communities, nations and governments.
  5. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    23 May '17 15:09
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    False flag?
    Staged event?
    Real tragedy?

Discuss.
    I was expecting this thread from you.

I know you won't be, but you should be ashamed.
  6. 23 May '17 15:16
    Originally posted by vivify
    Activism from Muslims world-wide that reaches Muslim communities, nations and governments.
    Already widespread.
  7. 23 May '17 15:27 / 1 edit
    There is a point where Muslims need to start taking more responsibility for the extremists in their own factions.
    Do you feel responsible for the KKK?

I certainly think that Muslims should speak out more, but I reject any claim that they are collectively responsible.
  8. 23 May '17 15:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Already widespread.
    We must keep in mind the amount of media and social bias on this topic. vivify simply won't be aware of what goes on within Muslim communities either directly or via the media.
  9. Standard member vivify
    rain
    23 May '17 15:46 / 1 edit
    Already widespread.
    Can you think of any Muslim organizations, or any significant events from Muslims, that attempted to deal with extremism? Your input is much appreciated.
  10. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    23 May '17 15:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead

I certainly think that Muslims should speak out more, but I reject any claim that they are collectively responsible.
    Maybe not implicitly responsible but like in the case of the KKK, the leaders can say stuff like 'we don't want them niggers living next to our girls' or some such but then the lower ranks takes that to mean lets kill some blacks.

That happened with Trump too, he makes some statement about immigrants and the rank and file takes that to mean we have now the mandate to kill someone.

That is the point of muslims speaking out more.

My question about Islam has always been suppose the Imam says to up arms and attack, say in Toronto or Denver, whatever, some western city, would the rank and file follow?

It's just the same with any fundy outfit, like the dudes who killed the abortion clinic doctors, we were just following orders, and of course the leaders didn't say anything about actual killing, just made some vague implied remarks which the rank and file followed and the leaders most likely knew exactly what they were saying and what they hoped the rank and file would do.
  11. Standard member vivify
    rain
    23 May '17 15:59
    Originally posted by twhitehead

I don't share any ideology or belief system with the KKK. Muslims all believe in the same god and follow the same religion. As such, Muslims should take a more active role in fighting those who tarnish their beliefs.

This is an insipid question from you, since you imply in the next post that Muslims are already what I suggest.
  12. 23 May '17 16:05
    Can you think of any Muslim organizations, or any significant events from Muslims, that attempted to deal with extremism? Your input is much appreciated.
    Sure. Just about every Muslim-majority government has measures in place to combat violent extremists, with varying degrees of success.
  13. Standard member vivify
    rain
    23 May '17 16:08
    Sure. Just about every Muslim-majority government has measures in place to combat violent extremists, with varying degrees of success.
    Okay; but do they specifically address extremists committing violence in the name of Islam?
  14. 23 May '17 16:11
    I don't share any ideology or belief system with the KKK.
    Sorry, I forgot you were an atheist.

You are however, white male from the US aren't you? So you share several group associations.

Muslims all believe in the same god and follow the same religion. As such, Muslims should take a more active role in fighting those who tarnish their beliefs.
    Sure, but that is not the same as suggesting they are responsible.

This is an insipid question from you, since you imply in the next post that Muslims are already what I suggest.
    Huh? How is that insipid? You seem confused.
  15. 23 May '17 16:14
    It's just the same with any fundy outfit, .....
    But do you blame the Pope for what fundies do? Why do you treat Islam as a single monolithic unit but not do the same for Christianity? You do know that much of the violence in the Middle East is between multiple branches of Islam?