Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    26 Mar '14 22:13
    My mom's friend is a Hispanic liberal. She voted for Obama. Her daughter has a lot of homosexual friends. But her daughter also has a boyfriend for herself too.

One night she had asked this question. Why is it that in a gay relationship there is a man figure and a woman figure, why not have them both be men figures? And she said also in the lesbians why is there a woman figure and a man figure, why not both be women figures?

This is not a joke question this is a serious question and I would like a serious response please thank you for respecting.
  2. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    26 Mar '14 22:58
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    My mom's friend is a Hispanic liberal. She voted for Obama. Her daughter has a lot of homosexual friends. But her daughter also has a boyfriend for herself too.

One night she had asked this question. Why is it that in a gay relationship there is a man figure and a woman figure, why not have them both be men figures? And she said also in the lesbians why is ...[text shortened]... this is a serious question and I would like a serious response please thank you for respecting.
    All those homosexual friends and she asked you? What was she thinking?
  3. 26 Mar '14 23:13 / 1 edit

One night she had asked this question. Why is it that in a gay relationship there is a man figure and a woman figure, why not have them both be men figures? And she said also in the lesbians why is ...[text shortened]... this is a serious question and I would like a serious response please thank you for respecting.
    in a homosexual relationship there are two male figures. in a lesbian relationship there are two female figures. your moms friend is obviously a big fan of stereotyping.
  4. 26 Mar '14 23:20
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    in a homosexual relationship there are two male figures. in a lesbian relationship there are two female figures. your moms friend is obviously a big fan of stereotyping.
    That is simply not true. Every gay couple I've met, including my own daughter, has one who identifies as the fem, and another the butch. There are exceptions to every rule, but the gay nurses in the Michigan case, at least in appearance meet the criterion.

Some may wish to hide this pretty obvious problem, but an honest answer might be better to get support from doubters.
  5. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    26 Mar '14 23:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    That is simply not true. Every gay couple I've met, including my own daughter, has one who identifies as the fem, and another the butch. There are exceptions to every rule, but the gay nurses in the Michigan case, at least in appearance meet the criterion.

Some may wish to hide this pretty obvious problem, but an honest answer might be better to get support from doubters.
    What problem?
    Who needs support?
    Why would a doubter be the source of support?
  6. Standard member RBHILL
    26 Mar '14 23:32
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    I am saying why does one of the women wear men clothes for example. Why not both wear women's clothes?
  7. Standard member RBHILL
    26 Mar '14 23:35

My dad's lesbian secretary at one time was a biker who wears man biker clothes. And dressed like a man and look like a man.

Also on the TV show the voice this year a lesbian looks like a man who's in the competition.
  8. 26 Mar '14 23:37
    Originally posted by finnegan
    What problem?
    Who needs support?
    Why would a doubter be the source of support?
    The problem is that as long as gay and lesbian relationships have been existing in this country, they have role played, and now they want to say it doesn't exist. Doubletalk, and out right lies don't get others to understand and accept. Lack of understanding leads to fear, and misunderstanding.

Doubters can always be convinced, if truthful and logical arguments are presented.
  9. 26 Mar '14 23:40
    My dad's lesbian secretary at one time was a biker who wears man biker clothes. And dressed like a man and look like a man.

Also on the TV show the voice this year a lesbian looks like a man who's in the competition.
    And yet the denial of those who want to avoid the inconvenient question. The problem is that this behavior recognizes choice in the matter, and not blind genetic predetermination. They claim to want to just "be who they are", but they don't even know who they are.
  10. Standard member RBHILL
    26 Mar '14 23:41
    All those homosexual friends and she asked you? What was she thinking?
    She probably feels uncomfortable asking her daughters friends. She is a nice lady because she let the homosexuals live at her house after their parents kicked them out.
  11. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    27 Mar '14 00:22
    And yet the denial of those who want to avoid the inconvenient question. The problem is that this behavior recognizes choice in the matter, and not blind genetic predetermination. They claim to want to just "be who they are", but they don't even know who they are.
    Plenty of people - especially young people - don't know who they are. This includes but is not at all limited to their sexuality. Reality TV has a talent for highlighting people with quite disturbing attitudes and behaviour - that makes for the type of entertainment favoured by their audiences. It does not make for very representative impressions of most lives. A population the size of the USA is going to have lots of flamboyant and exhibitionist material to work with. If you form your opinions from that type of source then you are heading into a weird set of beliefs.
  12. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    27 Mar '14 00:22
    She probably feels uncomfortable asking her daughters friends. She is a nice lady because she let the homosexuals live at her house after their parents kicked them out.
    Sweet.
  13. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    27 Mar '14 03:49
    So, there was a scientific study asserting, apparently pretty successfully, that homosexual traits are acquired via the y-chromosome. Now, why that fact causes some percentage of homosexuals to act like the opposite sex, I think is an open question.

I really thought when I read the thread title that you'd found the key to your father's liquor cabinet and were taking the torch to the Debates forum.
  14. 27 Mar '14 12:33 / 1 edit

"Why is it that in a gay relationship there is a man figure and a woman figure"
    most important reason is because that is how ignorant people view gay relationships.

more reasons:
    many people seek in a life partner talents/abilities/characteristics that complement their own. and we as a society are still assigning characteristics to genders. one is delicate, sensitive and nurturing, must be a woman. one is strong, insensitive and drinks a lot of beer, must be a man.
  15. 27 Mar '14 23:43
    Plenty of people - especially young people - don't know who they are. This includes but is not at all limited to their sexuality. Reality TV has a talent for highlighting people with quite disturbing attitudes and behaviour - that makes for the type of entertainment favoured by their audiences. It does not make for very representative impressions of most li ...[text shortened]... ou form your opinions from that type of source then you are heading into a weird set of beliefs.
    Most people at least partially figure it out by their 30s or 40s. I'm not looking at the flamboyant marchers in gay pride events. Other than TV, I've never seen them. I've seen my daughter and her companions, other people I know personally, and patrons of an number of gay establishments I used to serve before retirement.

The great majority of gays who coupled up follow the practice of male/female identification. Most of those who did not, were males and made no overt identification. (You couldn't tell, but men seem to be much less likely to pair up than women.)

As long as obscure questions are being asked, can anyone say where black men on the "downlow" fit into this picture? Are they gay, or just freaky?