Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Apr '19
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 02:53
    @averagejoe1 said
    Is this OK with everyone? Bernie says illegals (invaders) have a Right to Healthcare..... Every person walking around in the United States. If he gives Eduardo a right to free medical care, then, since we pay for it, Bernie has effectively burdened me and my family with the obligation to pay for it.

Is this cool with anyone on this forum? Explain?
    Actually I give Bernie very little chance at winning, but if he does, no I am not good with it.. We have vets and our own homeless to deal with right?
  2. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 03:02
    @tobias9122 said
    Actually I give Bernie very little chance at winning, but if he does, no I am not good with it.. We have vets and our own homeless to deal with right?
    Exactly. We could do so much good if logic and rationale were allowed to prevail. Bernie the old idiot Marxist is a mess
  3. Joined
    04 Apr '19
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 03:04
    @kevcvs57 said
    Bernie has not been voted into office so he can say anything he likes it still doesn’t burden you or anybody else.
    If he gets elected to the presidency and he can get this through congress or by executive order even though he’s been honest enough to make it part of his platform then it’s as fair as any other burden derived from your democratic process.
    You were ok with Trump burdening the tax payers with the cost of a wall.
    I'd gladly help pay for a wall, but then I have relatives living along that border. Homelessness is up 32% in our town right now, and along with it comes car burglaries and break-ins.. everyone has security cameras, which may help solve a crime, they don't prevent them. I am closer to the Canadian border than the border with mexico by the way.
  4. Joined
    04 Apr '19
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 03:11
    @no1marauder said
    What happen to a North Korean seeking asylum in South Korea? Are then sent back at the border because they are "invaders"?

EDIT: Actually as soon as a North Korean sets foot on South Korean soil, he is automatically granted citizenship even if they don't want it. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north-korea-defectors-canada-1.4785235
    A North Korean, as compared to thousands, is a different story.. we re not prepared for the numbers we are seeing. ya I'd like an instant solution, but they are coming so fast, it's kind of hard to deal with.
    Both of my girls need interpreters now to do their jobs, and like I stated, we are closer to the Canadian border than that with mexico.. You have an answer?
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 04:001 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    @AverageJoe1
    Do you think a good thread would be “Why do liberals want to punish successful people ?
    I was a liberal democract for 15 years, so trust me, they don't see it that way.
    An us verses them mentality is what energizes them. And they use lofty words to disguise their real motivations.
    If they had their own version of the 10 commandments one of those might read Thou shalt covet thy neighbors stuff.
    Naw, just kidding... they would never admit to being motivated by envy, greed or any other base emotion.

Edit: actually, a liberal democrat for about 10 years. Didn't make the switch to republican for another 5 years... was registered as an independent until I realized it wasn't much of a change.

And yeah, I know... who cares, right? TMI is still TMI.
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    No1GaveAF*IWasWhite
    tinyurl.com/y3czz7bk
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 04:44
    @duchess64 said
    (DeepThought replied to Philokalia.)
    I cannot say what inhabits the white nationalist American Philokalia's mind.

I note, however, that 'Anglo', which may mean Anglo-Saxon, is NOT synonymous with 'British'.
    Do the Welsh (or other Celts) regard themselves as 'Anglo'?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxons

"They comprise people from Germanic tribes who migrated ...[text shortened]... ge."

So Philokalia might be using 'Anglo' to refer to Anglo-Saxons, their ancestors, and kinfolk.
    Famous scene from two versions of the movie 'Patton':

YouTube
    YouTube
  7. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 06:41
    @averagejoe1 said
    You are right, I tied being successful to making money. One can be a successful missionary, or one can be successful teaching a kindergarten class. Our previous threads about ‘poor’ were still in my mind, when I said poor people choose to be poor, and usually they are sitting on a sofa, playing Game Boy. Excuse’. It was prob a thread where Bernie wants us all to cover him.
    Ah, I see. So most people with modest incomes are lazy freeloaders, but not you of course.
  8. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 11:37
    @kazetnagorra said
    Ah, I see. So most people with modest incomes are lazy freeloaders, but not you of course.
    You are still discussing 'me' But the issue is about lazy people, tattooed, sit on couch, probably will not be successful and will ask other people (libs LOVE other people) to provide goods and services to them. My belief is that they want to be unsuccessful. Like people who want to be fat. Do something, guys, or get out of the way.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 12:271 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    It is certainly interesting that a staunch supporter of an American with German ancestry thinks that "Anglos" should dominate American politics.
    When Philo says "Anglo", he means "white". He acts like all "white" people in the US are of the same "culture"; whether he actually believes such rubbish is unclear.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 15:46
    @averagejoe1 said
    You are still discussing 'me' But the issue is about lazy people, tattooed, sit on couch, probably will not be successful and will ask other people (libs LOVE other people) to provide goods and services to them. My belief is that they want to be unsuccessful. Like people who want to be fat. Do something, guys, or get out of the way.
    Have you considered the possibility that such mythical lazy people are a tiny minority of people with modest financial means?
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 18:38
    @no1marauder said
    When Philo says "Anglo", he means "white". He acts like all "white" people in the US are of the same "culture"; whether he actually believes such rubbish is unclear.
    Philokalia often writes of 'white culture' or even 'the white culture'.

Would No1Marauder agree that Catholic Irish and Protestant English have the same culture?
  12. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 19:19
    @kazetnagorra said
    Have you considered the possibility that such mythical lazy people are a tiny minority of people with modest financial means?
    Give it a rest, my man. Yes, my statements may sound like an ogre, to emotional liberals. even as general as my statements are. Yes, There are destitute people in our country who definitely need help (prob Not many of the homeless, lazy...), AvJoe thinks millions should be set aside by our taxes to cover them. I get to pick Who the Recipients of this welfare will be.

Then, every day the other people either make something of themselves, starting at McDonalds and learning life and production and perseverance and self reliance and maybe work 2 jobs and make some dadgum money......OR, they just live the life we call 'poor'. They CHOOSE. Whew.

The opportunities are there, the lazy can get 'un' lazy, or CHOOSE to stay on the couch.Now I know what Marauder feels like when he has to explain Private Property 50 times! BTW, I dont care what the lazy do, just dont get involved with me, and PLEASE dont tell me you have Rights that mean I have incurred some debt to you. The losers should be invisible. Trump, and I !, have a country to grow. BTW have you noticed how far ahead of China we are?
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 00:03
    @duchess64 said
    Philokalia often writes of 'white culture' or even 'the white culture'.

Would No1Marauder agree that Catholic Irish and Protestant English have the same culture?
    I grew up in a working class neighborhood composed of mostly Irish, Italian, Polish and other Euro ethnic groups. It was almost all Catholic.

I know the "culture" there would have little in common with rural areas in the Midwest or South or wealthy areas in New England no matter if all were overwhelmingly "white" or not.
  14. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 00:14
    @no1marauder said
    All right, I have a question then. If a white Catholic, a white Protestant, a white Orthodox person, a white atheist, and a white Buddhist who are all Americans by birth were to get together and discuss American television, film, sports, or musical interest, would you be able to tell them apart from one another?

Would you be able to tell that they were also different based on the things they'd say from an Asian or a black person?

The inherent problem with this debate is that it's almost impossible to ever get to the bottom of what we're talking about when it comes to culture.

I would probably content that white Americans do have a culture that bridge has their own religious beliefs differences. It also is distinctive from Black American culture, and while there are many Asian Americans that could be said to have fully assimilated to the white Anglo culture, there's still a lot of things about who they are that could be attributed tubing Asian that would distinguish them.

I'm sure that Duchess would actually agree that even Asians who have become Protestants, grown-up and very white communities, Etc would be thought of his people that still maintain an Asian identity that they are sometimes discriminated against because they also have an Asian culture that exists beneath the surface of their behaviors.

Or, maybe you could say that they access both cultures. They, in fact, our Multicultural by Nature.

It's a hopelessly complicated discussion in the fact that you and others constantly interrupted by tossing out the Scarlet R doesn't help.
  15. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 00:17
    @no1marauder said
    I grew up in a working class neighborhood composed of mostly Irish, Italian, Polish and other Euro ethnic groups. It was almost all Catholic.

I know the "culture" there would have little in common with rural areas in the Midwest or South or wealthy areas in New England no matter if all were overwhelmingly "white" or not.
    You're also quite old and perhaps remember a time when immigrant groups were still defining neighborhoods. Now, there aren't really white immigrant groups that still Define neighborhoods. And if that is the case, it's quite isolated.

For instance, a Polish person from Chicago in my age group would not be distinctive so much from a Norwegian from the Prairie.

Of course there would be significant differences in probably their religious background and there might be some measurable differences and attitude between them but this might even be more about the rural and urban divide.

But this would really be something that we would have to have more crossover already in general for us to be able to discuss it effectively.

I think we'd have to go back to basic definitions of what culture are.

My guess is that most people are ready to turn their sensitivity to the maximum in Define every single fragmentation line between white groups in America as constituting different cultures and attitudes, thus destroying the sense of a United white Anglo American identity. Yet, everyone is ready to say that a black culture does exist, and when it comes to talking about white people collectively, there becomes no problem coming up with stereotypes about white attitudes and white privilege.