Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 02 Nov '13 04:01 / 1 edit
    Yes, another thread about our fabulous health care system.

I was listening to Mark Levin tonight, and I think he is right in that insurance now has nothing to do with you. It used to be that insurance companies focused on giving healthy people inexpensive policies and not so healthy people expensive policies, just like auto insurance. However, with Obamacare it is all about redistribution. Now more and more people will scoff at the notion of paying double for their same policy, and begin to pay fines by not buying insurance or apply for subsidies through the exchanges. This will cause those that still pay higher premiums to pay even higher premiums. What will also likely happen is that the penalties for not buying insurance will go higher and higher.

In effect, what we have now is a highly inefficient single payer system that will destroy the middle class.
  2. 02 Nov '13 09:41 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, another thread about our fabulous health care system.

I was listening to Mark Levin tonight, and I think he is right in that insurance now has nothing to do with you. It used to be that insurance companies focused on giving healthy people inexpensive policies and not so healthy people expensive policies, just like auto insurance. However, with Obama ...[text shortened]... what we have now is a highly inefficient single payer system that will destroy the middle class.
    LOL, dont you just love it when the Federal government imposes policies on the Americans, they writhe like a skillet full of rattlers!
  3. 02 Nov '13 14:17
    Yes, people are laughing at the US all around the world no doubt.
  4. 02 Nov '13 14:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, dont you just love it when the Federal government imposes policies on the Americans, they writhe like a skillet full of rattlers!
    When working Americans finally realize this isn't beneficial to them, it may be too late. They turn up the temperature in the skillet a bit at a time.
  5. 02 Nov '13 14:42 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    When working Americans finally realize this isn't beneficial to them, it may be too late. They turn up the temperature in the skillet a bit at a time.
    My guess is that the DNC has written off the middle class as voters, much like the did white America. They no longer need them. They have the uber elite corporatists to support them and the ever increasing food stamp population as well as the flood of illegal immigrants to pick up the voting slack.

RIP middle class. Obama promised not to raise taxes on you, but he not only raised taxes on you, he raised them higher than anyone in US history.