Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    06 Jul '10 21:57 / 1 edit
    In order for me not to make a new thread every time I want to post anything and make a comment or two about it I'll just put all the things in here (unless the of course the event deserves its own thread - just like the Garani airstrike massacre that is about to be released).

To start things off I'll post a video made by Isao HASHIMOTO that depicts explosions of nuclear events that have happened since 1945 to 1998 through out all the globe.
    There isn't much to say about this, so just watch the video:

http://www.ctbto.org/specials/1945-1998-by-isao-hashimoto/
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    06 Jul '10 22:36
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    To start things off I'll post a video made by Isao HASHIMOTO that depicts explosions of nuclear events that have happened since 1945 to 1998 through out all the globe.
    There isn't much tosay about this, so just watch the video:

We win! Yay! USA! USA!

I noticed they didn't count Chernobyl.
  3. 07 Jul '10 03:51
    In order for me not to make a new thread every time I want to post anything and make a comment or two about it I'll just put all the things in here (unless the of course the event deserves its own thread - just like the Garani airstrike massacre that is about to be released).

To start things off I'll post a video made by Isao HASHIMOTO that depicts e ...[text shortened]... this, so just watch the video:

One has to wonder,, are you home bound, or under house arrest..lol
  4. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jul '10 12:50
    The G20 protests were pretty much one would expect them to be: a grassroots movement that had to be vilified from the get go.

Not only vilified but the people also had to be brutalized: shooting at protesters, charging protesters for assaulting agents (when there is video footage that shows where the assault came from), suffocating a defenseless women punching her head in, storming people that had a plan of action in agreement with the police and weren't acting in provocative manner.

Yes, the alter-globalisation movement, in its multiple and diverse faces, is getting stronger and more and more people are starting to realize that in accordance with the World Social Forum slogan's another world is possible.
    I salute all of those brave people that had the courage to stand up and voice their concerns knowing fully well that they would face violence.

"They were sexy, they were cute but they didn't take their riot suit!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhGneV6rQg
  5. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 Jul '10 13:29
    The G20 protests were pretty much one would expect them to be: a grassroots movement that had to be vilified from the get go.

Not only vilified but the people also had to be brutalized: shooting at protesters, charging protesters for assaulting agents (when there is video footage that shows where the assault came from), suffocating a defenseless wome ...[text shortened]... ere cute but they didn't take their riot suit!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhGneV6rQg
    Heroes like these?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8661385.stm

Oh, right.
  6. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jul '10 13:40
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Heroes like these?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8661385.stm

Oh, right.
    AT the time this happened I happen to receive an email from a very good source detailing the accounts of the people that worked in that bank. I'm assuming you didn't.

Of course none of this has anything to do with the content of the post you just cited, but that of course is irrelevant. I guess.
  7. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 Jul '10 13:48 / 1 edit
    AT the time this happened I happen to receive an email from a very good source detailing the accounts of the people that worked in that bank. I'm assuming you didn't.

Of course none of this has anything to do with the content of the post you just cited, but that of course is irrelevant. I guess.
    So what did these people do that deserved being burned to death?

The point of my post is that you forget how "alter-globalization" manifestations are known to turn violent. At the the time of the Iraq war, there were much larger manifestations around the world and none involved a fraction of the violence that so many of your "heroes" tend to do.
  8. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jul '10 13:55 / 2 edits
    So what did these people do that deserved being burned to death?

The point of my post is that you forget how "alter-globalization" manifestations are known to turn violent. At the the time of the Iraq war, there were much larger manifestations around the world and none involved a fraction of the violence that so many of your "heroes" tend to do.
    I never said these these people deserved to be burned to death. Nor did the people that worked in the bank and made the accounts.
    Stop thinking you know everything and start looking for information.

My post makes it very clear who the "heroes" are. But you apparently have an ax to grind so you failed to notice it.
    Stop making assumptions of what I forget about the alter-globalisation movement.

Do you need more help or are we done now?
  9. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 Jul '10 14:23 / 2 edits
    I never said these these people deserved to be burned to death. Nor did the people that worked in the bank and made the accounts.
    Stop thinking you know everything and start looking for information.

My post makes it very clear who the "heroes" are. But you apparently have an ax to grind so you failed to notice it.
    Stop making assumptions of what I forget about the alter-globalisation movement.

Do you need more help or are we done now?
    I definitely need more help because you're not saying much. Why don't you give me the information? And how would any information about the banks activities change anything?
  10. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jul '10 14:32
    I definitely need more help because you're not saying much. Why don't you give me the information? And how would any information about the banks activities change anything?
    It isn't about banks activities (whatever that means!). You were man enough to google this piece of news so I guess you'll be man enough to google what the bank workers themselves had to say about this.
    Stop assuming and start googling, I'd say.

Again: this has absolutely nothing to do with the G20 protests (the people that were taking some kind of moral high horse I guess) and at best this is extremely tangential to the whole alter-globalisation movement (since people related to alter-globalisation aren't the only ones that advocate the use of direct action), so I really fail to see the point you're trying to make.

And putting words in my mouth while making totally unsubstantiated assertions isn't really helping your case of fighting against moral high horses, you know?
  11. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 Jul '10 15:33
    It isn't about banks activities (whatever that means!). You were man enough to google this piece of news so I guess you'll be man enough to google what the bank workers themselves had to say about this.
    Stop assuming and start googling, I'd say.

Again: this has absolutely nothing to do with the G20 protests (the people that were taking some kind of ...[text shortened]... assertions isn't really helping your case of fighting against moral high horses, you know?
    If anyone is taking the moral high ground is you, with your talk of "heroes".

If all you're going to say is "google it" then I guess there isn't much point to post on a public forum, is there?
  12. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 Jul '10 15:37
    More heroes:
    http://www.rferl.org/content/G20_Protests_Turn_Violent/2083809.html

Yaaaaay.
  13. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jul '10 15:47 / 1 edit
    If anyone is taking the moral high ground is you, with your talk of "heroes".

If all you're going to say is "google it" then I guess there isn't much point to post on a public forum, is there?
    You talked about heroes first. I then replied in the same tone than you, by writing "heroes" instead of heroes. Of course this choice of writing it already implies something if you were really interested in a real debate. But you're not.
    Notice that you wrote "alter-globalization" and I chose to always write alter-globalisation.

The moral high ground I'm taking is saluting people that chose to manifest according to police forces wishes and still got trampled by these same police forces while acting according to their previous plan.
    I think you use very strange definitions.

I think that a moral high ground is used when one puts words on other people's mouths and make unsubstantiated claims just to be "right". Just like you're doing

It wasn't I who posted it in a public forum, it was you. If you're interested you'll google it just like you googled the piece you linked to.
    Frankly I don't care.
  14. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 Jul '10 15:51 / 1 edit
    You talked about heroes first. I then replied in the same tone than you, by writing "heroes" instead of heroes. Of course this choice of writing it already implies something if you were really interested in a real debate. But you're not.
    Notice that you wrote "alter-globazitation" and I chose to always write alter-globalisation.

The moral high groun ll google it just like you googled the piece you linked to.
    Frankly I don't care.
    Of course you don't care that they burn police cars, destroy shops and what not. It's obvious.

"Previous Plan"? Hahaha, you should talk to uzless.

Are you going to tell us how details about "the accounts of the people that worked in that bank" somehow justify burning three employees to death?

Thought not.
  15. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jul '10 15:54
    More heroes:
    http://www.rferl.org/content/G20_Protests_Turn_Violent/2083809.html

Yaaaaay.
    You're just being pathetic now.

Wake me up when you're rational...