Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    26 Nov '16 08:49
    I find capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it causes war, hypocrisy and competition.
    - Fidel -

Another classic character dies.
    Such a persona compared to those capitalist pigs he spent much of his life giving a fat middle-finger to.

Hasta la victoria siempre
  2. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    26 Nov '16 10:54 / 1 edit
    When you become a good communist.
  3. 26 Nov '16 13:18
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I find capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it causes war, hypocrisy and competition.
    - Fidel -

Such a persona compared to those capitalist pigs he spent much of his life giving a fat middle-finger to.

Adios, caca cabron.
  4. 26 Nov '16 13:32
    - Fidel -

I'm sorry about your loss Shav.

Can I send you some flowers?
  5. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    26 Nov '16 14:37 / 2 edits
    - Fidel -

Cuba saw America as a bully who tried to invade them, then helped cripple their economy with economic sanctions that last to this day, and only sees Cuba through the tunnel vision of the exiles in Miami. America saw Castro as a brutal dictator who oppressed his own people, forced a communist system down their throats that many did not want, and refused to change his ideology when the old Soviet system fell apart.

Bottom Line: Neither side will be in line for Sainthood on this issue.
  6. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    26 Nov '16 20:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    Cuba saw America as a bully who tried to invade them, then helped cripple their economy with economic sanctions that last to this day, and only sees Cuba through the tunnel vision of the exiles in Miami. America saw Castro as a brutal dictator who oppressed his own people, forced a communist system down their throats that many did not want, and refused to cha ...[text shortened]... iet system fell apart.

Bottom Line: Neither side will be in line for Sainthood on this issue.
    Cuba before Castro was a mafia playground that turned her daughter's into whores. Cuba after Castro enabled those daughter's to be doctors in a free health system with quality of care the envy of many a capitalist nation.
  7. 26 Nov '16 21:31
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Cuba before Castro was a mafia playground that turned her daughter's into whores. Cuba after Castro enabled those daughter's to be doctors in a free health system with quality of care the envy of many a capitalist nation.
    A nation where full time workers make 20 dollars per month.

Wait....

Now I find stories where the average income is much more than that, more like 50 dollars a month.

A libtard paradise.
  8. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    27 Nov '16 04:57
    Originally posted by Eladar
    A nation where full time workers make 20 dollars per month.

Wait....

Now I find stories where the average income is much more than that, more like 50 dollars a month.

A libtard paradise.
    Income is only one half of the equation. The other half is the cost of living. You don't need a lot when things don't cost much. Btw, do you hear much about homelessness and unemployment or Cuba having a disproportionate prison population?
  9. 27 Nov '16 05:04
    Income is only one half of the equation. The other half is the cost of living. You don't need a lot when things don't cost much. Btw, do you hear much about homelessness and unemployment or Cuba having a disproportionate prison population?
    Living in havana costs about the same as Winnepeg and is more expensive than Athens.
  10. 27 Nov '16 10:16
    It's always funny to see the autocrat-loving old communists coming out of the woodwork whenever Castro is mentioned, the air of shattered dreams still pulsating around them.
  11. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    27 Nov '16 10:33
    That much be why so many risk their lives to leave it.
  12. 27 Nov '16 11:24 / 1 edit
    ......unless they were on inner tubes, drifting on the ocean current in hopes of reaching the US, but I think that is only common sense.

Hey, how bout that Chavez and Moa and Stalin, all top notch collectivists who turned their daughters into doctors as well.

In Florida, former Cubans were all celebrating.
  13. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    27 Nov '16 11:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    That much be why so many risk their lives to leave it.
    The same reason that causes young people to run away from good rural homes for the promise and allure of the big city lights or the fame and fortune to be made in Hollywood.
    How many realize far too late that its all smoke and mirrors and the promise hardly ever gets fulfilled?
  14. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    27 Nov '16 11:40 / 1 edit
    The same reason that causes young people to run away from good rural homes for the promise and allure of the big city lights or the fame and fortune to be made in Hollywood.
    How many realize far too late that its all smoke and mirrors and the promise hardly ever gets fulfilled?
    Yea right, you've been to Miami and talked to those that left morning they want to go back,
    because what they had is better than what they got now? I don't see boat loads of people
    sailing to Cuba for a return trip, do you?
  15. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    27 Nov '16 12:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yea right, you've been to Miami and talked to those that left morning they want to go back,
    because what they had is better than what they got now? I don't see boat loads of people
    sailing to Cuba for a return trip, do you?
    The one incontrovertible fact about Cuba, is that since Thomas Jefferson, Cuba has always been seen as a desirable possession by the US and over the last 200 years has been party to the power-plays between the US and Spain, followed by long periods of US corporate influence where puppets like Batista ruled the roost, to Castro and Communism and the US turning its back on Cuba by total economic sanctions. Because there's nothing like showing how superior your system(capitalism) is to another than doing everything in your power to strangle it out of existence. The US has essentially said, we own you Cuba and when you were successful we were taking over 90% of your exports and we ran your world, because we knew best. This was obviously superior to any form of freedom ever experiences by anyone, so when Castro overthrew the Batista regime, a bunch of cronies with Washington connections scratched their heads at the sheer ingratitude of it all. Anyway if you can't join the dots by now you never will, but didn't you all vote in the Donald for that very same reason... ie:- that unbridled capitalism sucks and when all your jobs move to China and you're unemployed and have jack to rub together, and yet you can't understand the pride that empowered a small nation of 11 million people to stand and go it alone against the corporate piracy that was the US occupation of Cuba before 1959????