Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 19 Aug '13 21:58 / 1 edit
    What would you consider to be advertising fraud?

    ? (possibly it includes sites that sell smiley faces)
  2. 19 Aug '13 22:09
    Obamacare.
    Obama himself.
    The democratic party.
    America in general.
  3. 19 Aug '13 22:18
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Obamacare.
    Obama himself.
    The democratic party.
    America in general.
    signs that say 'free cash withdrawals'
  4. 19 Aug '13 22:26 / 1 edit
    this site and its owners are the biggest case of advertising fraud I see right now - I think they should be taken of the net - they're like the jammster ringtone but worse, at least that was funny....

    http://ukhealthjournal.com/diet-raspberry/?s=t
  5. 19 Aug '13 23:36
    Originally posted by e4chris
    What would you consider to be advertising fraud?

    ? (possibly it includes sites that sell smiley faces)
    Celebrating the joys of diversity
  6. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    20 Aug '13 07:37
    Originally posted by e4chris
    What would you consider to be advertising fraud?

    ? (possibly it includes sites that sell smiley faces)
    Fraudulent claim - "Smoking causes cancer."

    Smoking may increase the risk of cancer.

    There are whole book of these false claims that the guvamint defaces other peoples property with.
  7. 20 Aug '13 08:03
    Originally posted by e4chris
    What would you consider to be advertising fraud?

    ? (possibly it includes sites that sell smiley faces)
    the mcdonalds(or burger king) hamburgers in mcdonalds commercials.
  8. 20 Aug '13 08:05
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Fraudulent claim - "Smoking causes cancer."

    Smoking may increase the risk of cancer.

    There are whole book of these false claims that the guvamint defaces other peoples property with.
    smoking increases the risk of cancer like a gunshot to the head increases the risk of dying.
  9. 20 Aug '13 08:14
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19485_5-outrageous-lies-companies-are-legally-allowed-to-tell-you.html


    For example, when Coca-Cola was marketing their line of Vitaminwater by promising the stuff would "boost your immune system" and "help fight free radicals," someone pointed out that the stuff was effectively sugar water. Coke responded that they were completely shocked that anyone thought their drink was healthy, or in their words: "No consumer could reasonably be misled into thinking that Vitaminwater is a healthy beverage."
  10. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    20 Aug '13 08:36
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    smoking increases the risk of cancer like a gunshot to the head increases the risk of dying.
    Many thousands of smokers that do not contract cancer prove that you're a brainwashed gimp.
  11. 20 Aug '13 11:18
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Many thousands of smokers that do not contract cancer prove that you're a brainwashed gimp.
    Many thousands of people shot in the head survive.
    Considering the number of people that smoke, if only 'many thousands' do not contract cancer, then the risk must be very high. How about telling us what the actual risk is, instead of vague claims about 'many thousands'.
  12. 20 Aug '13 11:21
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Fraudulent claim - "Smoking causes cancer."

    Smoking may increase the risk of cancer.
    So if you contract cancer, it is never actually 'caused' by smoking? You just have an increased risk. How does that work again? Increased risk but no causation?
  13. 20 Aug '13 11:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Many thousands of smokers that do not contract cancer prove that you're a brainwashed gimp.
    yeah, if you smoke 2 packs a day and you get run over by a car, you count as a smoker that didn't get cancer.

    and yeah, some don't get cancer, some get heart failures. and die before the cancer comes knocking.
  14. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    20 Aug '13 12:09
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yeah, if you smoke 2 packs a day and you get run over by a car, you count as a smoker that didn't get cancer.

    and yeah, some don't get cancer, some get heart failures. and die before the cancer comes knocking.
    So that the % of people that contract cancer but don't smoke needs to be subtracted from the number of smokers that do contract cancer?

    Haha, if you're going to play that game you can't have it both ways.
  15. 20 Aug '13 12:15
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    So that the % of people that contract cancer but don't smoke needs to be subtracted from the number of smokers that do contract cancer?

    Haha, if you're going to play that game you can't have it both ways.
    a google search on "risks of smoking": first link:

    Smoking causes an estimated 90% of all lung cancer deaths in men1,2 and 80% of all lung cancer deaths in women.1


    "So that the % of people that contract cancer but don't smoke needs to be subtracted from the number of smokers that do contract cancer"
    no. there are different kinds of cancer. nobody says that skin cancer is caused by smoking. try to think before acting stupid.