Originally posted by sasquatch6721. Realize that the majority of the support you are enjoying right now comes from the two most narcissistic generations in American history. When millenials vote for you and you still can't improve the economy because of your job-destroying policies, they will be disappointed and you will lose their support.
2. Realize that governing is about reaching compromise, not about jamming failed European social ideas down the throats of people who believe in hard work, accountability, and personal responsibility. It makes you look haughty and incompetent.
Hard to see how use of the democratic process constitutes "jamming ... down the throat." A lot of the Anglo Saxon / Neo Liberal ideas you promote originate in Europe. The most unequal countryin the world is now the UK.
3. Realize that this country's system is designed to afford equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.
No evidence of that - excessive inequality is matched by a lack of opportunity in a country where most wealth and most opportunities are inherited. Social mobility calcified long ago in the Anglo Saxon economies - ie the US and the UK.
4. Stop taking other people's stuff. You should have learned this in kindergarten.
As the evidence shows wealth increasingly concentrated into fewer and fewer hands, it is clear that redistribution is not having much effect. Statistically, the only people taking other people's stuff are the wealthy since it is to them the stuff is being transferred.
5. Realize that you and your ilk are bathed in fear right now, so you're reacting by taking other people's stuff. Almost half the country is not bathed in fear right now, and you're making damned fools of yourselves.
6. Realize that your hysterical shrieking about guns and your desire to confiscate them is also a policy pursued in Nazi Germany. It is also viewed by many gun owners as an intrusion on our rights and we will not allow you to undo a right enshrined in the Constiturion.
People in Nazi Germany did a lot of things that we do. They ate bread, took walks in the country. Where is your point? If change to your gun policy requires a change to the constitution that is the process to be followed of course - the US is tied in knots by its constitution but that is your problem. Hysterical shrieking about the constitution as though it were the very tablets of stone handed to Moses is absurd.
6a. Realize that your insistence that Catholic institutions provide birth control is a violation of their religious freedom. Realize that this is the second core right enshrined in the Constitution that you're willing to shred in pursuit of your far-left, America-destroying agenda.
Curious the way religion uses the language of rights to attack rights. Sometimes rights conflict so identifying a right is sadly insufficient to make your argument. Catholic rights to religious freedom do not entitle them to undermine social legislation. It is democratic politics, not religious authority, that shapes rights in a modern society. If catholics dislike the outcomes they can take part in the democratic process and have their say.
7. Realize that generations of politicians representing you have made promises to get your vote that the country cannot afford. This strategy worked with you because you put self-interest above the national interest, and cravenly allowed your vote to be bought, rather than acting in a principled manner.
What the country (any country) can afford is a function of many variables. America can afford immense military spending it seems and can afford to bail out its banks. The US simply fails to tax its people sufficiently to support a modern mixed economy and it suffers the consequences. Decisions about what you can afford are value judgements.
8. Realize that a core tenet of your political philosophy has required the expansion of the entitlement class to unsustainable levels. Also realize that this philosophy has all but destroyed black America.
No the entitlement class is about 1% and a shrinking proportion of the population is soaking up an escalating proportion of its wealth. Interesting to see when this process will implode. It is indeed unsustainable.
9. Realize that one of your Presidents once said, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country". And live that.
Tell that to the rich.