Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 23 Mar '16 16:14
    Africa is a land of blacks. It is a shining example of what the world would look like if it were a black dominated world.
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Mar '16 18:31
    Now we're getting into the realm of self-caricature.
  3. 23 Mar '16 18:37
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Africa is a land of blacks. It is a shining example of what the world would look like if it were a black dominated world.
    Actually, Africa is a continent of great diversity. There are many reasons why Africa, even when run by white men, remained backward and often under developed.
  4. 23 Mar '16 18:48 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Actually, Africa is a continent of great diversity. There are many reasons why Africa, even when run by white men, remained backward and often under developed.
    You mean like South Africa and Rhodesia before the blacks were given back control and turned them into the be-knighted countries they now are?
    Or how about Haiti and how great it became after the natives slaughtered every white person on the island and took over in 1804?
    They've really done wonders with it in the past 200 years.
    http://www.amren.com/features/2012/03/haiti-then-and-now-2/
  5. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    23 Mar '16 19:43
    There were great Empires in Africa when your
    white ancestors were scrabbling around in the mud.

Can you imagine a black man from that time pointing to Europe and saying
    "That's what would happen if white's were in charge"
  6. 23 Mar '16 21:33
    I fully admit that most parts of Africa are less desirable to be in than the US or Europe. I disagree that this has anything to do with the colour of the skin of the residents. There are many historical factors that have lead to Africa's progress being slower than much of the rest of the world - but I rather suspect that even if I explained them to you, you would just maintain your racist attitude.
    I will mention one: deliberate and malicious exploitation by Europe in particular for the extraction of natural resources. This is both an historical and ongoing problem.
  7. 23 Mar '16 21:34
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    There were great Empires in Africa when your
    white ancestors were scrabbling around in the mud.

Can you imagine a black man from that time pointing to Europe and saying
    "That's what would happen if white's were in charge"
    I love how people like you always gotta come up with "10 thousand years ago they were way far advanced from everybody else " which means they must have had the biggest head start in the UNIVERSE and somehow blew it.
    All their great accomplishments were in the distant past and we should ignore what's happened in the past few thousand years.
    Did the entire population of Africa get stupid pills dropped in their water ?
  8. 23 Mar '16 21:39
    You mean like South Africa and Rhodesia before the blacks were given back control and turned them into the be-knighted countries they now are?
    South Africa and Rhodesia were paradises for the white overlords before independence. Not so nice for everyone else. It is an indisputable fact that black people in both countries became better off after independence and conditions are still improving.

Or how about Haiti and how great it became after the natives slaughtered every white person on the island and took over in 1804?
    Yes, we know you value nice looking plantations with the slaves labouring in the fields looking all orderly and neat. You would love a return to slavery as long as you are not on the receiving end.

I on the other hand think you are a despicable human being for even suggesting that Haiti in 1804 was a better place than it is now.
  9. 23 Mar '16 21:44
    is there ANY doubt, in anyone's mind that this ashole is either a racist or a troll? (both can also be true)
  10. 23 Mar '16 22:05 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    South Africa and Rhodesia were paradises for the white overlords before independence. Not so nice for everyone else. It is an indisputable fact that black people in both countries became better off after independence and conditions are still improving.

[b]Or how about Haiti and how great it became after the natives slaughtered every white person on the ...[text shortened]... despicable human being for even suggesting that Haiti in 1804 was a better place than it is now.
    Standard of living in Rhodesia when whites ran it was far better for blacks than it is today as Zimbabwe.
    Same for Haiti and South Africa.
    Same for everyplace else.
    Same for every city, county and company in America where whites have been kicked out and blacks have taken over.
    Read this and tell me it's bull-chit:

http://www.amren.com/news/2012/03/metro-derailed-by-culture-of-complacence-incompetence-lack-of-diversity/
  11. 23 Mar '16 22:08
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    is there ANY doubt, in anyone's mind that this ashole is either a racist or a troll? (both can also be true)
    Does it matter if what he writes is true?
  12. 23 Mar '16 22:53
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Does it matter if what he writes is true?
    Unfortunately what he writes is emphatically NOT true.

And yes, it matters.
  13. 23 Mar '16 22:54
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Nope. [and both is my guess, racist for sure, troll probably]
  14. 23 Mar '16 23:06 / 1 edit
    The world is dominated by bacteria. You have more bacteria in your body than you have human cells. But the most successful and important are blue-green.

""Cyanobacteria are arguably the most successful group of microorganisms on earth. They are the most genetically diverse; they occupy a broad range of habitats across all latitudes, widespread in freshwater, marine, and terrestrial ecosystems, and they are found in the most extreme niches such as hot springs, salt works, and hypersaline bays. Photoautotrophic, oxygen-producing cyanobacteria created the conditions in the planet's early atmosphere that directed the evolution of aerobic metabolism and eukaryotic photosynthesis. Cyanobacteria fulfill vital ecological functions in the world's oceans, being important contributors to global carbon and nitrogen budgets." – Stewart and Falconer" (Wipedia)
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    24 Mar '16 00:00
    Crash Course Haitian Revolutions

'cause it's almost relevant and I like to post videos

YouTube