Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    14 Feb '15 23:12 / 1 edit
    ... will Europe finally wake up?

Or does it need more attacks by Muhammad's medieval gang?

Discuss.
  2. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    14 Feb '15 23:20
    Originally posted by Seitse
    ... will Europe finally wake up?

Or does it need more attacks by Muhammad's medieval gang?

Discuss.
    What do you think Europe should do about religious extremists like you then?
  3. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    14 Feb '15 23:28
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Are you retarded or are you just trolling?

Once that is cleared, I'll deal with your questions, kid.
  4. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    14 Feb '15 23:42 / 1 edit
    Are you retarded or are you just trolling?

Once that is cleared, I'll deal with your questions, kid.
    Well daddy that sounds really imposing and intimidating. You are so dominant.

As you will know from my many posts, I do not discriminate between fanatics of different religions and their violent perversions of their respective faiths. Fundamentalism is a novel and modern phenomenon. Finding roots in the Middle Ages is nonsensical in every case, because the cultural context in which religion must operate today is utterly different. In each case what we are observing is the misuse of religious thinking to promote violent, intolerant agendas which are modern, not mediaeval.

So I do not think your promotion of hatred and intolerance towards Islam, nor the violent racism of the modern Zionist movement, is at all dissimilar to the religious hatred promoted by America's great ally, Saudi Arabia.
  5. 14 Feb '15 23:44
    Dem wacky muslims better be careful or they might give Islam a bad reputation.
  6. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    14 Feb '15 23:47
    As you will know from my many posts
    I truly hate yo break your heart, but I do not read
    your posts. All big fishes in small ponds are the same.
    It's boring.

Sorry. I keep politics where politics should be: in the
    real world. Here, here it is just for laughs. The way it
    should be. Have You've heard that it is a correspondence
    chess website, right?
  7. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    14 Feb '15 23:48
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Dem wacky muslims better be careful or they might give Islam a bad reputation.
    God forbid anybody will offend the cavemen! *rolls eyes*
  8. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    14 Feb '15 23:57
    I truly hate yo break your heart, but I do not read
    your posts. All big fishes in small ponds are the same.
    It's boring.

Sorry. I keep politics where politics should be: in the
    real world. Here, here it is just for laughs. The way it
    should be. Have You've heard that it is a correspondence
    chess website, right?
    Yes it is a chess site. I enjoy playing chess and have some decent games - unaided by technology - as well as being an active clan leader. I have noted your dismal performance as a player. Presumably that is because you do not really try.

Your contributions to the debate forum are comparably dismal. Presumably that is also because you do not really read anything.

You don't even pay a subscription. No foolish commitments from you.

Actually, I am surprised you spare us your precious time. I know you have a busy life.
  9. 15 Feb '15 00:08
    Yes it is a chess site. I enjoy playing chess and have some decent games - unaided by technology - as well as being an active clan leader. I have noted your dismal performance as a player. Presumably that is because you do not really try.

Your contributions to the debate forum are comparably dismal. Presumably that is also because you do not really rea ...[text shortened]... you.

Actually, I am surprised you spare us your precious time. I know you have a busy life.
    Do you have a specific time when you come here to humiliate yourself?
  10. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    15 Feb '15 00:32
    unaided by technology
    The rumors tell a different story.
  11. 15 Feb '15 01:26
    Exactly! It isn't the Jihadists that are the problem that needs to be destroyed, it is all religious people! That's why people like you enjoy these Islamic nut jobs. It gives you a reason to go after Christians.
  12. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    15 Feb '15 09:46
    The rumors tell a different story.
    Limp
  13. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    15 Feb '15 10:00
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Exactly! It isn't the Jihadists that are the problem that needs to be destroyed, it is all religious people! That's why people like you enjoy these Islamic nut jobs. It gives you a reason to go after Christians.
    I did not "go after" Christians or any other of the major religions. I "went after" violent fundamentalism, which is a feature in all the major religions (including Hinduism) at present.

As an atheist I have no reason to defend any of these religions but what I advocate on the whole is secular humanism, which includes and entails respecting the religious faith of most people on the planet, expressed in so many different ways. When people like Seitse wish to make sweeping and insulting attacks on an entire religion, while he is himself the advocate of an unpleasant and violent modern, fundamentalist interpretation of his own divided religion, then I think it is useful to point out the failure of rational thinking at play in his posts. Where is that kind of thinking taking us except towards religious war?

The great [and very right wing] American diplomat, Henry Kissinger, has pointed out that religious wars are not winnable, so that ultimately the only practical way forward is the approach which ended the Thirty Years War in the Treaty of Westphalia, and that is to tolerate diversity. He has also pointed out that the US is failing to appreciate this lesson from history, instead promoting the delusion that there is one right way to arrange affairs and that - by a curious gift of a partisan God - is the American way.
  14. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    15 Feb '15 10:06
    When people like Seitse wish to make sweeping and insulting attacks on an entire religion, while he is himself the advocate of an unpleasant and violent modern, fundamentalist interpretation of his own divided religion
    Your sweeping generalization speaks of a feeble mind.

On the bright side, you're confined to "making a difference"
    on a correspondence chess online forum.
  15. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    15 Feb '15 10:08
    Your sweeping generalization speaks of a feeble mind.

On the bright side, you're confined to "making a difference"
    on a correspondence chess online forum.
    Am I? What do you know?