Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    12 Dec '17 14:52 / 2 edits
    I predict Roy Moore will come out with a narrow win, the Senate ethics committee will excel at looking busy (without really doing anything) and the Alabama good old boy's network will have succeeded in electing another shining example of southern evangelical conservatism. Praise the LORD and pass the ammunition!

    Any other predictions??
  2. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Dec '17 15:09
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I predict Roy Moore will come out with a narrow win, the Senate ethics committee will excel at looking busy (without really doing anything) and the Alabama good old boy's network will have succeeded in electing another shining example of southern evangelical conservatism. Praise the LORD and pass the ammunition!

    Any other predictions??
    It looks like 2020 will be a wakeup call to Americans.
  3. 12 Dec '17 15:14
    "The Alabama special election for senate is tomorrow and apparently it's too gross to call"
    "The race is between Doug Jones, for the democratic party and Roy Moore, who is not allowed at parties"
    Seth Myers
  4. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    12 Dec '17 15:29
    Indeed I think Moore will win. The question is when will Courts do anything about the case.
    Moore himself should advance matters if there is nothing he did wrong. If he will insist on his (then newly won) imunity as Senator People will be led to believe that there is a fire where smoke is seen.
  5. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Dec '17 15:49
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Indeed I think Moore will win. The question is when will Courts do anything about the case.
    Moore himself should advance matters if there is nothing he did wrong. If he will insist on his (then newly won) imunity as Senator People will be led to believe that there is a fire where smoke is seen.
    And then there is Trump.
  6. 12 Dec '17 16:06
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Indeed I think Moore will win. The question is when will Courts do anything about the case.
    Moore himself should advance matters if there is nothing he did wrong. If he will insist on his (then newly won) imunity as Senator People will be led to believe that there is a fire where smoke is seen.
    Courts do what about what case? The age of consent in Alabama is freakin 16. On the case of the 14 year old the statute of limitations has long expired.

    It's not about putting moore in prison. sadly that ship has sailed. It's about making sure he is not near a position of power. It's about whether you're willing to sell your soul and have a pedophile in office for a little political power.
  7. Standard member vivify
    rain
    12 Dec '17 16:09 / 1 edit
    Roy Moore will win. That's fairly obvious. After electing Trump, conservative states are becoming increasingly numb to candidates plagued by sexual misconduct...assuming they ever cared in the first place.

    Despite Bill O'Reilly's multiple sexual harassment cases that he settled out of court, his ratings never declined. Conservatives aren't the least bit concerned with criminal activities of their own party.
  8. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Dec '17 16:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Roy Moore will win. That's fairly obvious. After electing Trump, conservative states are becoming increasingly numb to candidates plagued by sexual misconduct...assuming they ever cared in the first place.

    Despite Bill O'Reilly's multiple sexual harassment cases that he settled out of court, his ratings never declined. Conservatives aren't the least bit concerned with criminal activities of their own party.
    Unless of course, the offenders are democrats.
  9. 12 Dec '17 16:23
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Roy Moore will win. That's fairly obvious. After electing Drumpf, conservative states are becoming increasingly numb to candidates plagued by sexual misconduct...assuming they ever cared in the first place.

    Despite Bill O'Reilly's multiple sexual harassment cases that he settled out of court, his ratings never declined. Conservatives aren't the least bit concerned with criminal activities of their own party.
    yeh. the "tough on crime" party vs the prosecutor that went after the terrorists that KKK members are.
  10. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Dec '17 16:27
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    yeh. the "tough on crime" party vs the prosecutor that went after the terrorists that KKK members are.
    And since repubs own the senate and house, they won't have the balls to oust this fukker. Go on home folks, nothing here to see.
  11. 12 Dec '17 18:06
    I see Moore has been found guilty, and even mention of Trump in this thread. I invite you to show your solid evidence or admit you have convicted without any evidence.
  12. 12 Dec '17 18:08
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Unless of course, the offenders are democrats.
    yes, the loss of support certainly waned with the Clintons didn't it?
  13. 12 Dec '17 18:10
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Roy Moore will win. That's fairly obvious. After electing Trump, conservative states are becoming increasingly numb to candidates plagued by sexual misconduct...assuming they ever cared in the first place.

    Despite Bill O'Reilly's multiple sexual harassment cases that he settled out of court, his ratings never declined. Conservatives aren't the least bit concerned with criminal activities of their own party.
    Did you mean to say the ACCUSATIONS of sexual misconduct? Or do you know something the rest of the world doesn't?
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Dec '17 00:12
    Well I hope no one minds if I slightly shift this from a "predictions" thread to a "following the election" thread.

    Looking at 538's coverage, I thought this tidbit from the exit polls was interesting:

    Another interesting thing we’re seeing out of the Alabama exit polls is Trump’s approval rating: 48 percent approve of him and 48 percent disapprove. That’s striking given that the president won the state with 62 percent of the vote just a year ago.

    http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/alabama-senate-election-results/

    This doesn't seem a good sign for Moore though I generally concur with the posters in this thread who were expecting a Moore win.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Dec '17 01:05
    The polls just closed; the CNN exit poll has Moore winning by 1% which is well within the margin of error.