Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 22:182 edits
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/26/alt-america-terrorism-rightwing-hate-crimes

"Alt-America: the time for talking about white terrorism is now
    As Alt-America has grown, especially online, so has the violence that
    inevitably accompanies it: acts of domestic terrorism, hate crimes, and
    threats of civil war backed by a wave of citizen militias."

"In reality, however, they were key manifestations of a larger, more disturbing
    phenomenon, one which has been ignored or even actively discounted
    by elected officials and the mainstream media – rightwing domestic terrorism."

"For at least a generation, rightwing homegrown extremists have been
    far and away the largest source of terrorism in the United States."

"Despite this grave reality, officialdom and the media have continued to
    focus only on terrorism threats plotted by Islamist radicals. Rightwing pundits
    in particular have viciously attacked and silenced anyone who tries to
    bring up rightwing violence in the framework of terrorism. They have
    grown touchy about their own ideological and rhetorical proximity to the
    extremism that is fueling the violence."

"... among radical white male nationalists of the alt-right. The people being
    radicalized were not brown-skinned foreigners who subscribed to a different
    religion, but young white men and women in white America’s neighborhoods
    and churches and colleges, white America’s sons and daughters."
    --David Neiwert

"So, your strategy to convert us all to your way of thinking by pissing off the forum one white male at a time."
    --Kmax87 (to Duchess64)

Apart from his falsehood about my 'strategy', Kmax87 (who seems comfortable enough
    among 'pissed-off' white men) should know that 'pissed-off' white men have outlets
    (described above) where they can express their rage with the approval of many others.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 11:00
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/26/alt-america-terrorism-rightwing-hate-crimes

"Alt-America: the time for talking about white terrorism is now
    As Alt-America has grown, especially online, so has the violence that
    inevitably accompanies it: acts of domestic terrorism, hate crimes, and
    threats of civil war backed by a wave of citizen mili ...[text shortened]... e outlets
    (described above) where they can express their rage with the approval of many others.
    Let me inform you racist douchless sixty foe...Pissed off white men are the reason the USA was founded. White men are responsible for the formation and governance of every successful country. I give you the opportunity to put forth ONE successful black run country, one where they support themselves.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 13:46
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Let me inform you racist douchless sixty foe...Pissed off white men are the reason the USA was founded. White men are responsible for the formation and governance of every successful country. I give you the opportunity to put forth ONE successful black run country, one where they support themselves.
    I am disgusted, that here, on an international website, people like you display your ignorance so loudly that people begin to think that people like you represent the real America.

America is not great because of white men. America is great because of the diversity of all Americans. We are every race, from every nation. True, we are still disproportionally represented by white men, but this is to our own detriment. You call Duchess racist, and then proceed to spew your own racist tripe. People like you need to sit down, shut up, and let people who love this country do something about fixing this *hithole we find ourselves in today because of a similarly racist president. Thank God the young people in this country find it still worth fighting for. People like you need to get out of their way.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 14:08
    Okay, let's kick off with Botswana.

'As well as posting a relatively high per capita Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of $15,176, Botswana also fared well in terms of governance, education and personal freedom. As the country spends 8% of its GDP on education, it is among the biggest proportional spenders in the world according to the World Bank. This is the third year in a row that Botswana has topped the index.'

(www.quora.com)
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 15:31
    I hate to say it because I disagree with it a lot of the time when it is said, but you really are a "racist troll", so to speak.
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 15:39
    Trinidad and Tobago, South Africa...

There are just the ones I have lived in. T&T is a high income economy. Highest in the Americas after US of A and Canada. South Africa is upper middle class. If you ever come to Cape Town you'll see it is much nicer than many places in the west.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 17:271 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I am disgusted, that here, on an international website, people like you display your ignorance so loudly that people begin to think that people like you represent the real America.

America is not great because of white men. America is great because of the diversity of all Americans. We are every race, from every nation. True, we are still disproporti ...[text shortened]... in this country find it still worth fighting for. People like you need to get out of their way.
    Tell me the race of the pissed off white men that founded this country? Liberals see FACTS as racist. I cant help you with your ignorance if you wont listen.
    http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/09/there-are-no-successful-black-nations-africa-diginty-racism-pan-africanism/
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 19:16
    First of all, I totally agree with Suzianne's response to your idiotic post.
    She might have just ignored you. As I should have.

But, as a Caucasian male, I want to focus on the white man that is at the center of your remark.
    I will say that 99.9% of white men are NOT pissed off.

When we talk about the white men that have contributed to the success of not just America,
    but to our species in general, people like Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs and others come to mind.
    Add to that, Stephen Hawking, Einstein, Darwin, etc, etc, etc .....

And add to that, all other brilliant people of all skin color, gender, orientation, etc, etc, etc ........

Message being ... people like you represent pissed off white men.
    You DON'T represent white men !!
    You don't represent me !!! And you don't speak for me !!
    So stop giving me a bad name !!!!

And don't be fooled by that clown sitting in the White House.
    You and those like you are on the wrong side of history !!

So why don't you put on your Davey Crockett outfit, grab yer musket, and have yourself a little parade outside Capitol Hill.

Who knows ?
    Trump might even say there are some good people among you mutts !!!
  9. Germany
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 19:23
    It's ironic that the ones preaching the superiority of their "race" are without exception inferior themselves.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 20:081 edit
    Tell me the race of the pissed off white men that founded this country? Liberals see FACTS as racist. I cant help you with your ignorance if you wont listen.
    http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/09/there-are-no-successful-black-nations-africa-diginty-racism-pan-africanism/
    How did you manage to utterly miss the real message of this article?

Oh, wait, it must be your ingrained white privilege that always sees your own white race as the victim, the poor put-upon, unrecognized anti-hero. Do not blame the black man for your own failure to succeed or to be happy in the America others like you have made for yourselves, on the backs of the black man.

Sorry, still disgusting.
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 20:50
    [b America is great because of the diversity of all Americans. [/b]
    someone needs to go to the General Forum and watch the "Greatest 3 minutes of Television History" thread.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 23:091 edit
    How did you manage to utterly miss the real message of this article?

Oh, wait, it must be your ingrained white privilege that always sees your own white race as the victim, the poor put-upon, unrecognized anti-hero. Do not blame the black man for your own failure to succeed or to be happy in the America others like you have made for yourselves, on the backs of the black man.

Sorry, still disgusting.
    on the minds of white men! you are just another fool that thinks blacks were the only slaves.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 23:26
    Originally posted by @uzless
    someone needs to go to the General Forum and watch the "Greatest 3 minutes of Television History" thread.
    Someone needs to stop posting links to crap like that.

Many white Americans want to return to "those thrilling days of yesteryear" where blacks and women "knew their place".
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 23:28
    on the minds of white men! you are just another fool that thinks blacks were the only slaves.
    Are you actually saying that white men are/were slaves?

They call that false equivalence, you know.
  15. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    19 Apr '18 23:28
    Are you actually saying that white men are/were slaves?

They call that false equivalence, you know.
    There have been white slaves at various times in history but never legally in the USA.