Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 05 Jan '17 22:00 / 1 edit
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/05/progressive-american-values-no-compromise-trump-presidency

"America: Don't Be Polite in the Face of Deagoguery"
    --Jessica Valenti

"It’s true that telling these uncomfortable truths may not result in people changing their politics.
    But there’s no sense in appealing to the “better natures” of those who have shown themselves willing to stand with hate.
    They’ve made their decision already, now it’s time for us to make ours."
    --Jessica Valenti
  2. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    05 Jan '17 23:34
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/05/progressive-american-values-no-compromise-trump-presidency

--Jessica Valenti

"It’s true that telling these uncomfortable truths may not result in people changing their politics.
    But there’s no sense in appealing to the “better natures” of th ...[text shortened]... e.
    --Jessica Valenti
    Typical Libtard hate mongering, only a Dim is compassionate and not a bigot?
    Please! This is encouraging violent protest and I hope every violent protester, who breaks the law in any way gets arrested!
    Disgusting commentary.
  3. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    05 Jan '17 23:38
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Please! This is encouraging violent protest and I hope every violent protester, who breaks the law in any way gets arrested!
    Disgusting commentary.
    So preDICtable.
  4. 05 Jan '17 23:48
    Disgusting commentary.
    so everyone should just "give trump a chance", right?

you forget that not tolerating someone's crap doesn't have to lead to violence (not at first anyway). you forget that the vast majority of the protests right after trump had won were peaceful (no matter how much fox and breitbart had lied about them being otherwise)

just now, the republicans tried to turn the congres ethics board into their gimp. they didn't do so because people were not polite and they called their representatives and they told them exactly what they thought about their shady actions

that's what this link asks. for people to pay attention and to act. within the law.
  5. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    05 Jan '17 23:50
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

you forget that not tolerating someone's crap doesn't have to lead to violence (not at first anyway). you forget that the vast majority of the protests right after trump had won were peaceful (no matter how much fox and breitbart had lied about them being otherwise)

just now, the republicans tried ...[text shortened]... actions

that's what this link asks. for people to pay attention and to act. within the law.
    Read between the lines skippy, if people don't like Trump, show it in the voting booth in 4 years. The new media tool "shame" or shun Trump voters. Please do, we don't need you.
  6. 06 Jan '17 00:05
    Read between the lines skippy, if people don't like Trump, show it in the voting booth in 4 years. The new media tool "shame" or shun Trump voters. Please do, we don't need you.
    "Read between the lines skippy, if people don't like Trump, show it in the voting booth in 4 years"
    that's stupid.

no, if people don't like trump and trump does something stupid/dangerous/heinous you call your representatives NOW and you let them now that you will show THEM in 2 years if they don't vote against trump.

that's what this is about. that now, more than ever, more than in the days of bush and even obama, you can't just sit back and be indifferent. because trump had some truly dangerous ideas during his campaign (that he most likely won't keep but still it's worth being attentive) and that the people he appointed to the cabinet (along with himself and his nepotism) look quite set on robbing the country blind.
  7. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    06 Jan '17 00:18

--Jessica Valenti

But there’s no sense in appealing to the “better natures” of th ...[text shortened]... e.
    --Jessica Valenti
    I am shocked to hear from this from you Duchess! You've always been polite to everyone here.
  8. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    06 Jan '17 01:07
    "Read between the lines skippy, if people don't like Trump, show it in the voting booth in 4 years"
    that's stupid.

no, if people don't like trump and trump does something stupid/dangerous/heinous you call your representatives NOW and you let them now that you will show THEM in 2 years if they don't vote against trump.

that's what this is about. that ...[text shortened]... o the cabinet (along with himself and his nepotism) look quite set on robbing the country blind.
    Bring it on....
  9. 06 Jan '17 01:31
    Bring it on....
    damn you're thick. dunno why do i even bother with you.

even when i try to explain politely you still can't grasp even the most basic notions. it's always the "libtards are out to get my liberties" with you.
  10. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    06 Jan '17 01:54

even when i try to explain politely you still can't grasp even the most basic notions. it's always the "libtards are out to get my liberties" with you.
    Have pity, Z. It's all they know.
  11. 06 Jan '17 02:34 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by mchill
    I am shocked to hear from this from you Duchess! You've always been polite to everyone here.
    Like some other trolls, Mchill likes to make racist comments without being identified as a racist.
    No wonder Mchill has apparently argued that people should shut up now and give President Trump 'a year' (or more).

"If manners prevent our speaking the truth, we will be without manners."
    --Ianto Morgan (to his father, in the film 'How Green Was My Valley' )
  12. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    06 Jan '17 03:05

You don't seem to understand that it is this whole attitude that is dangerous. The left wants power at any cost, THAT is what this is really about.
    They will come out and try to say Trump is a bigot, racist, etc. They are grasping at straws.
    They don't get that this is about the direction this country was headed. We want real change.
    Even this supposed Russian hacking is dangerous. It is a ruse by the left to shift the focus....
    https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/01/why-the-deceitful-medias-russian-election-hacking-narrative-is-misleading-and-dangerous
  13. 06 Jan '17 03:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi to Checkbaiter

just now, the rep ...[text shortened]... actions

Jessica Valenti's calling for Americans *not* to allow the racism, sexism, and other bigotry
    of Donald Trump and most of his supporters to become *normalized* in discourse.

Would you invite someone in a KKK outfit to your holiday party? I suspect that few Americans would.
    But would you invite someone with known KKK-like beliefs and pretend that person does not have those beliefs?
    Apparently, many, perhaps most, Americans believe that's the polite, even morally righteous, thing to do.
  14. 06 Jan '17 04:09
    You don't seem to understand that it is this whole attitude that is dangerous. The left wants power at any cost, THAT is what this is really about.
    They will come out and try to say Trump is a bigot, racist, etc. They are grasping at straws.
    They don't get that this is about the direction this country was headed. We want real change.
    Even this suppos ...[text shortened]... /2017/01/why-the-deceitful-medias-russian-election-hacking-narrative-is-misleading-and-dangerous
    you bloody hypocrite.

who was it that demanded clinton be shot for using a private email server? that was treason, right? where are they now that russia tampered with your election? who cares, right?

who was it that didn't do their job and confirm a rightfully nominated supreme court judge?

who was it that supported a scumbag bigot like trump just so they could win?

and you have the balls to claim the left wants power at any cost.
    scratch that. it's not that you have balls to claim that. mitch mcconell has balls to demand one standard for him and his party and another one for the rest of the world.
    you are simply too stupid to know better and you just repeat what republicans force fed you and for that, i pity you.
  15. 06 Jan '17 04:10
    Jessica Valenti's calling for Americans *not* to allow the racism, sexism, and other bigotry
    of Donald Trump and most of his supporters to become *normalized* in discourse.

Would you invite someone in a KKK outfit to your holiday party? I suspect that few Americans would.
    But would you invite someone with known KKK-like beliefs and pretend that perso ...[text shortened]... y, many, perhaps most, Americans believe that's the polite, even morally righteous, thing to do.
    that's what i said.