Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 31 Jul '17 19:12 / 1 edit
    https://www.axios.com/many-americans-are-too-drugged-out-to-work-2467304330.html

Loser stoners in high school become loser stoner adults.
  2. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    31 Jul '17 19:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    https://www.axios.com/many-americans-are-too-drugged-out-to-work-2467304330.html

Loser stoners in high school become loser stoner adults.
    I guess we're not supposed to talk about the fact that all the big Pharmaceutical companies (with the backing of GOP lawmakers) are pushing their poisonous bile to everyone on the planet that can afford them, but that has nothing to do with this, right?

Reality Check: The only difference between a drug dealer and a Pharmaceutical Company is one has a business license and one does not.
  3. 31 Jul '17 22:26
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I guess we're not supposed to talk about the fact that all the big Pharmaceutical companies (with the backing of GOP lawmakers) are pushing their poisonous bile to everyone on the planet that can afford them, but that has nothing to do with this, right?

Reality Check: The only difference between a drug dealer and a Pharmaceutical Company is one has a business license and one does not.
    Funny, are you a druggy who can't hold down a job?
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    31 Jul '17 22:39
    Funny, are you a druggy who can't hold down a job?
    No, I don't get opiods from my doctor like the Anglo-Celtic people in Appalachia.

youtube.com/watch?v=3lKx26ve1H8&t=16m35s
  5. 31 Jul '17 22:42
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    No, I don't get opiods from my doctor like the Anglo-Celtic people in Appalachia.

youtube.com/watch?v=3lKx26ve1H8&t=16m35s
    From the original link

Simply put, prime-working age Americans without a college diploma are often too drugged-out to get the best jobs. Opioids remain at high levels, but the surge in drug use is now heroin and the powerful contaminant fentanyl.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    31 Jul '17 22:43 / 3 edits
    From the original link

Simply put, prime-working age Americans without a college diploma are often too drugged-out to get the best jobs. Opioids remain at high levels, but the surge in drug use is now heroin and the powerful contaminant fentanyl.
    Heroin IS an opiate* pendejo. I noticed that stupid line too. You need to find better sources because that author is an idiot.

*So is fentanyl

**My mistake, opioids are synthetic versions of opiates. Minor mistake but it's still the same drug.
  7. 31 Jul '17 22:49
    Heroin IS an opiate* pendejo. I noticed that stupid line too. You need to find better sources because that author is an idiot.

*So is fentanyl
    I think he meant the difference between the drugs traditionally from drug dealers and those from the pharmacy.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    31 Jul '17 22:50 / 2 edits
    I think he meant the difference between the drugs traditionally from drug dealers and those from the pharmacy.
    You are correct. I apologize for the insult.

The reason these people are getting into heroin is because they are addicted to the pills however.

It has nothing to do with "stoners" who use marijuana.
  9. 31 Jul '17 23:00
    You are correct. I apologize for the insult.

The reason these people are getting into heroin is because they are addicted to the pills however.

It has nothing to do with "stoners" who use marijuana.
    The story links it to dression from being long term unemployed.

As for marijuana being a gateway drug...

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-gateway-drug

Seems to suggest these druggies started with marijuana and moved on.
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    31 Jul '17 23:02 / 2 edits

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-gateway-drug

Why are their doctors giving them Oxy instead of Prozac?
  11. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    31 Jul '17 23:05

From your link:

However, the majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, "harder" substances.
  12. 31 Jul '17 23:05
    Why are their doctors giving them Oxy instead of Prozac?
    I am not so sure it is as you say. The perscription numbers are not shrinking.
  13. 31 Jul '17 23:06
    From your link:

However, the majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, "harder" substances.
    But a majority of heroine started with marijuana.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    31 Jul '17 23:06
    I am not so sure it is as you say. The perscription numbers are not shrinking.
    That's because you haven't done your research.
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    31 Jul '17 23:08
    But a majority of heroine started with marijuana.
    No, it starts with prescription OxyContin that is being dumped into their communities by the Purdue corporation.