Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    02 Feb '17 12:24
    It's amazing how stupid American's can be at times. President Obama was criticized for being "soft on terror" by the fair and balanced folks on FOX news, and every Conservative lawmaker in America, but how real was this terror threat? From 2008 to 2014 which was the bulk of Obama's presidency there were a grand total of 52 deaths in America by terrorists. An average of 7.4 per year. During this same period 235,739 American's died in traffic accidents. An average of 39,289 per year. Yet Donald Trump has successfully sold many American's on the idea that if America does not place severe restrictions on immigration and spend ridiculous sums of money on our already over bloated military machine, American's won't be "safe"

    Take a long, hard look at that figure of 235,739 people, then add on deaths by cancer and natural causes every year, and ask yourself: Could this terror threat be just a bit over-hyped?

    https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START_AmericanTerrorismDeaths_FactSheet_Oct2015.pdf

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year
  2. 02 Feb '17 12:27
    Originally posted by mchill
    It's amazing how stupid American's can be at times. President Obama was criticized for being "soft on terror" by the fair and balanced folks on FOX news, and every Conservative lawmaker in America, but how real was this terror threat? From 2008 to 2014 which was the bulk of Obama's presidency there were a grand total of 52 deaths in America by terrorists. An ...[text shortened]... tSheet_Oct2015.pdf

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year
    I'm amazed by the stupidity of Americans as well. The US elected Obama to be president twice.
  3. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    02 Feb '17 12:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I'm amazed by the stupidity of Americans as well. The US elected Obama to be president twice.
    I see that addressing this subject of an over - hyped terror threat is something you'd rather avoid.
  4. 02 Feb '17 13:05
    Originally posted by mchill
    I see that addressing this subject of an over - hyped terror threat is something you'd rather avoid.
    I was simply agreeing with something you wrote.
  5. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    02 Feb '17 13:10
  6. 02 Feb '17 14:49 / 5 edits
    Originally posted by mchill
    It's amazing how stupid American's can be at times. President Obama was criticized for being "soft on terror" by the fair and balanced folks on FOX news, and every Conservative lawmaker in America, but how real was this terror threat? From 2008 to 2014 which was the bulk of Obama's presidency there were a grand total of 52 deaths in America by terrorists. An ...[text shortened]... tSheet_Oct2015.pdf

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year
    The higher the Islamic population the higher the terrorism rates. Currently Muslims make up about 1% of the US population, but just imagine what it would be like with over 50% Muslim. Just look at the world and see that all Islamic dominated countries lead the world in terrorism. For you see, Islamic terrorists prey on the mentally unstable and children to carry out their terrorist schemes. The mentally unstable may be a small percentage of the Islamic population, as they are in every culture, but at the same time, there is a never ending supply.

    So you would also expect terrorism to rise in the US as the population of Muslims rise.

    In addition, we are not just talking about a shooting or two. We are talking about world wide Islamic terrorist groups who wish to overthrow entire nations, using WMD's if need be. Are there other terrorist groups that are not Islamic? Sure, but how many do we worry about nuking a city?
  7. 02 Feb '17 14:55
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    [youtube]qhyu-fZ2nRA[/youtube]
    You have to understand, the US simply had that coming.

    This is how leftists think.

    Going as far back as the beginning of the US revolution, the US has been dealing with these jihadists, long before US involvement in wars over seas. Jihadists pirates would capture US ships and target them because they were "infidels".
  8. Standard member vivify
    rain
    02 Feb '17 15:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    It's amazing how stupid American's can be at times.
    How do you keep an American from finding his keys? Put them on a map.
  9. 02 Feb '17 15:27
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    [youtube]qhyu-fZ2nRA[/youtube]
    A tragic event. Just as tragic as one month worth of traffic accidents.
  10. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    02 Feb '17 15:43
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    A tragic event. Just as tragic as one month worth of traffic accidents.
    You just ignore what is going on in countries where Muslim population is much higher in numbers than the US. So you want us to wait until the US becomes like France or other countries? Then we take action?
    Your an idiot.
  11. 02 Feb '17 15:51
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You just ignore what is going on in countries where Muslim population is much higher in numbers than the US. So you want us to wait until the US becomes like France or other countries? Then we take action?
    Your an idiot.
    At least the French have health care.

    What course of action do you suggest ought to be taken to minimize the risk of jihadist terrorist attacks in the U.S.?
  12. 02 Feb '17 16:27
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You just ignore what is going on in countries where Muslim population is much higher in numbers than the US. So you want us to wait until the US becomes like France or other countries? Then we take action?
    Your an idiot.
    Idiot bigot!
  13. 02 Feb '17 16:28
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    At least the French have health care.

    What course of action do you suggest ought to be taken to minimize the risk of jihadist terrorist attacks in the U.S.?
    How about limiting jihadists in America?

    Crazy, huh?
  14. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    02 Feb '17 16:35
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    At least the French have health care.

    What course of action do you suggest ought to be taken to minimize the risk of jihadist terrorist attacks in the U.S.?
    How about, just what Trump is doing?

    BTW a lot of good health care does when your dead, double idiot!
  15. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    02 Feb '17 16:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    Idiot bigot!
    Idiot bigot is better than dead libtard... old Chinese proverb