Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 29 Jun '16 20:49 / 1 edit
    http://www.salon.com/2015/03/17/the_white_fragility_complex_why_white_people_get_so_defensive_about_their_privilege_partner/

"America's White Fragility Complex: Why white people get so defensive about their privilege."
    --Sam Adler-Bell (17 March 2015)

This forum is full of extremely racially 'fragile' white Americans (including 'liberals' ).

"From the time I opened my eyes, I have been told that, as a white person,
    I am superior to a person of color."
    --Robin DiAngelo (professor and author of _What Does It Mean to be White?_)

"The arrogance of white people faced with questions of race is unbelievable."
    --Robin DiAngelo (a white woman)
  2. 29 Jun '16 22:51
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.salon.com/2015/03/17/the_white_fragility_complex_why_white_people_get_so_defensive_about_their_privilege_partner/

"America's White Fragility Complex: Why white people get so defensive about their privilege."

This forum is full of extremely racially 'fragile' white Americans (including 'liberals' ).

"Fr ...[text shortened]... f white people faced with questions of race is unbelievable."
    F R A G I L E must be Italian.
  3. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    29 Jun '16 23:16
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    F R A G I L E must be Italian.
    Love that movie.
  4. 29 Jun '16 23:30

"Fr ...[text shortened]... f white people faced with questions of race is unbelievable."
    Here's the original article 'White Fragility' (2011) by Robin DiAngelo:
    http://libjournal.uncg.edu/index.php/ijcp/article/view/249

"White Fragility is a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes
    intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves."
    --Robin DiAngelo
  5. 30 Jun '16 11:41
    Here's the original article 'White Fragility' (2011) by Robin DiAngelo:
    http://libjournal.uncg.edu/index.php/ijcp/article/view/249

"White Fragility is a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes
    intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves."
    --Robin DiAngelo
    Haha now let's define black fragility:
    "a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes
    intolerable, triggering a range of offensive moves."
  6. Standard member Quarl
    Quarl
    30 Jun '16 13:46
    Why is it I get the overwhelming impression, and I believe a correct one, that you don't care one whit about fragility of white Americans or whites of any nationality. Although it seems equally clear you are obsessed with same.
  7. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    30 Jun '16 14:43 / 1 edit
    --Robin DiAngelo (professor and author of _What Does It Mean to be White?_)[/b]
    Sounds like Robin DiAngelo was raised by awful people. But then again, so was Duchess.
  8. 30 Jun '16 18:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Sounds like Robin DiAngelo was raised by awful people. But then again, so was Duchess.
    Robin DiAngelo, a white American woman, was referring to the dominant culture of racism in the USA.
    Sleepyguy, an extreme right-wing American, having been completely conditioned by that
    dominant culture of American racism, has shown that he takes his white racial privilege for granted.
  9. 30 Jun '16 18:53 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Quarl
    Why is it I get the overwhelming impression, and I believe a correct one, that you don't care one whit
    about fragility of white Americans or whites of any nationality. Although it seems equally clear you are obsessed with same.
    My impression so far is that Quarl's one of the many racists in this forum. And that Quarl's
    determined to deny that non-white people are being oppressed by white racism in the USA.

It's true that my sympathies are with the people being oppressed rather than with their oppressors.
    And there are some white American men who respect, admire, or even love me (I have been told)
    and would be ready to stand beside me and fight against the many racists in the USA.
  10. 30 Jun '16 19:02

"The arrogant of white people faced with questions of race is unbelievable."
    --Robin DiAngelo

The arrogance and defensiveness of apparently racist white Americans here such as
    FishHead111, Quarl, and Sleepyguy has corroborated what Robin DiAngelo has written.
  11. 30 Jun '16 20:55
    "The arrogant of white people faced with questions of race is unbelievable."
    --Robin DiAngelo

The arrogance and defensiveness of apparently racist white Americans here such as
    FishHead111, Quarl, and Sleepyguy has corroborated what Robin DiAngelo has written.
    Turning toward the future, I see little or no hope of a smooth peaceful transition toward a
    non-racist United States when we shall have to fight racists like FishHead111 and many others.
    The least we can attempt to do, however, is to deprive these racists of as much power as possible.
    And time and demographics seem to be on our side.
  12. Standard member Quarl
    Quarl
    03 Jul '16 15:39
    Why is it I get the overwhelming impression, and I believe a correct one, that you don't care one whit about fragility of white Americans or whites of any nationality. Although it seems equally clear you are obsessed with same.

My impression so far is that Quarl's one of the many racists in this forum. And th ...[text shortened]... been told) and would be ready to stand beside me and fight against the many racists in the USA.
    Dear Sir or Madam: In my post I intended to simply and very gently, point out the obvious fact that you, by history of your own words, are an unabashed and very open racist.

Clearly, it is your tactic to accuse everyone who disagrees with you of racism and by doing so put them on defensive, thereby avoiding the glaring light of scrutiny to be focused on your never-ending spouting of racial hatred.

It is hilarious that my original post (copied above) critical of your racism prompted you to reflexively categorise my skin colour and propose I am a suppressor of people of colour. You have NO idea. The simple fact is, anyone critical of you is immediately attacked with your charge of being white and racist.

Obviously you believe having white skin is the worst crime extent and anyone with the hated pigmentation is automatically a racist. Because of your racism you are blinded to the realisation this tactic turns more people away rather than bringing them to support you.

I seldom post, but read these threads regularly as the posts are extremely entertaining. I have concluded there are true racists posting here but they are very few in number. They are less than ten in number and the lead culprit is yourself. The things you say about individuals and/or groups of people are deplorable.

If you, or anyone reading this, want to clearly see how racist your posts are and simultaneously be comically entertained, simply go to history of your posts and insert the word 'Asian', or any other nationality, where you have written 'white', then under that new light judge your level of racism.
  13. 03 Jul '16 19:43
    Dear Sir or Madam: In my post I intended to simply and very gently, point out the obvious fact that you, by history of your own words, are an unabashed and very open racist.

Clearly, it is your tactic to accuse everyone who disagrees with you of racism and by doing so put them on defensive, thereby avoiding the glaring light of scrutiny to be focused on y ...[text shortened]... tionality, where you have written 'white', then under that new light judge your level of racism.
    Quarl shows that he's a liar in addition to being an evident racist.

"Clearly, it is your tactic to accuse everyone who disagrees with you of racism and by
    doing so put them on the defensive."
    --Quarl

FALSE. In fact, I have disagreed with many writers without accusing them of racism.
    Sasquatch672, a right-wing white American man, has written that he nearly always
    disagrees with me and that I always have treated him with civility. I assume that Sasquatch672
    would *not* have stated that *if* he believed that I had accused him of racism.

In fact, this forum has many racists (including at least several extremely obvious ones)
    --all white men, as far as I know--and Quarl evidently would like to deny that they are
    racists because he presumably shares their racism. So Quarl evidently belongs to the
    large tribe of racists at RHP who reinforce one another and lie shamelessly to attack others.
  14. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    04 Jul '16 11:06
    FALSE. In fact, I have disagreed with many writers without accusing them of racism.
    That is true. I have often disagreed with you,but you have not accused me of racism. Maybe you have shouted a bit resorting to allcaps occasionally, but you have not accused me of racism. But then again, I am not a white American.....
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    04 Jul '16 23:57

--Robin DiAngelo (professor and author of _What Does It Mean to be White?_)

Well, we don't need to be told it.