Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 01 May '16 20:36 / 1 edit
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3568067/Sikh-man-pulled-Greyhound-bus-falsely-accused-terror-bomb-threat

"Sikh man pulled off Greyhound bus after being falsely accused of terror bomb threat
    before being held for 30 hours by police and photographed without his turban"
    --Khaleda Rahman (1 May 2016)

Daljeet Singh, a devout Sikh (and legal resident in the USA) who always
    wears a turban in public, was arrested after an American woman falsely
    claimed that he was speaking Arabic and making threatening comments.
    In fact, he was speaking Punjabi; he apparently does not even know how to speak Arabic.

Unlike this ignorant bigoted American woman, I can recognize Arabic when
    I hear it, and I can distinguish between a Sikh wearing a turban and a 'Muslim terrorist'.

The FBI has cleared Daljeet Singh and Mohammed Chotri of all wrongdoing.

"The only crime I committed was wearing a turban, having a beard, and
    speaking in a different language to another brown man on a bus."
    --Daljeet Singh

"...the xenophobic fear and bigotry in our country (USA) is out of control.
    The list of things brown people can't do on public transportation is growing..."
    --Gurjot Kaur, a lawyer for a Sikh organization in the USA
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    01 May '16 20:50
    Let's not forget that sad day that some redneck broke into a Sikh temple and shot a bunch of them dead.
  3. 01 May '16 21:38
    Yeah, if we would just keep out people who want to kill us these kinds of things wouldn't happen.

Instead, our government chooses to create chaos making it necessary to create a police state.
  4. 02 May '16 01:33
    Oh God a crazy woman made a false charge and the cops acted on it and it got cleared up and he was released give it a rest it was an isolated incident.
    330 million people in the USA, chit happens.
  5. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    02 May '16 01:38
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Oh God a crazy woman made a false charge and the cops acted on it and it got cleared up and he was released give it a rest it was an isolated incident.
    The crazy woman is a product of a paranoid xenophobic state.
    The cops acting on it is the product of a paranoid xenophobic state.
    You defending them is the product of a paranoid xenophobic state.
    That's why chit happens.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 May '16 01:39
    If the whole thing took 30 minutes to clear up, that would be one thing. But if he was really held for 30 hours, that sucks and cannot be chalked up to "chit happens."
  7. 02 May '16 01:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    If the whole thing took 30 minutes to clear up, that would be one thing. But if he was really held for 30 hours, that sucks and cannot be chalked up to "chit happens."
    If he was able to speak English it probably would have been over in 30 minutes it took that long because it took awhile to find someone that spoke his obscure language.
    Or you can go with the police being mean and racist and doing it for the fluck of it I suppose.
  8. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    02 May '16 12:40
    Every week in Phoenix alone, someone gets yanked off a Southwest Airlines flight because some busybody "heard them speaking Arabic".

Isolated incident my butt.
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    02 May '16 12:43
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3568067/Sikh-man-pulled-Greyhound-bus-falsely-accused-terror-bomb-threat

"Sikh man pulled off Greyhound bus after being falsely accused of terror bomb threat
    before being held for 30 hours by police and photographed without his turban"
    --Khaleda Rahman (1 May 2016)

Daljeet Singh, a devout Sikh (and legal res ...[text shortened]... blic transportation is growing..."
    --Gurjot Kaur, a lawyer for a Sikh organization in the USA
    I hope he follows through and sues the hell out of the whole bunch. AND WINS.
  10. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    02 May '16 12:43
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Yeah, if we would just keep out people who want to kill us these kinds of things wouldn't happen.

Instead, our government chooses to create chaos making it necessary to create a police state.
    Were you born a moron, or did you have to really work hard at reaching that pinnacle of success?
  11. 02 May '16 12:53 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Every week in Phoenix alone, someone gets yanked off a Southwest Airlines flight because some busybody "heard them speaking Arabic".

Funny I live in Tucson and don't read about that happening all the time. Where do you get your inside information from?
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 May '16 13:06 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

BS. When something like that happens anywhere on any airline, once in a blue moon, it makes national headlines.

A few months ago, some Muslim woman went bananas because they wouldn't give her an unopened soda can (which, BTW, was SOP on United) and it got national and international headlines for days and sparked calls for a boycott.

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#tbm=nws&q=soda+can+tahera+ahmad

"Every week on Southwest in Phoenix"?

LOL. Point me to 10 such instances. Or 5. Or 2.
  13. 02 May '16 13:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    BS. When something like that happens anywhere on any airline, once in a blue moon, it makes national headlines.

A few months ago, some Muslim woman went bananas because they wouldn't give her an unopened soda can (which, BTW, was SOP on United) and it got national and international headlines for days and sparked calls for a boycott.

https://www.google.com ...[text shortened]... hmad

"Every week on Southwest in Phoenix"?

LOL. Point me to 10 such instances. Or 5. Or 2.
    I googled "speaking arabic taken off flight" and found the same article from San Francisco a month ago, repeated a hundred times in papers across the country, that's where she got the idea that it is constantly happening.
  14. 02 May '16 18:57
    Yes, you wouldn't want to generalize one incident to a whole group of people, now would you................................
  15. 02 May '16 19:49
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Let's not forget that sad day that some redneck broke into a Sikh temple and shot a bunch of them dead.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting

On 5 August 2012, Wade Michael Page (an American white racial supremacist) murdered
    six Sikhs at a Sikh temple. The murders provoked demonstrations (including burning US flags) in India.