Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    31 Mar '18 01:29
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43574249

    What is the matter with US Cops???

    Shooting an unarmed man who is clearly having some mental problems.
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65523
    31 Mar '18 03:26
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43574249

    What is the matter with US Cops???

    Shooting an unarmed man who is clearly having some mental problems.
    For someone who often critiques grammar here on a casual debates board, I question your use of three question marks.

    haha, just kidding, couldn't give a stuff, it's more fun and easier to call you on your hypocrisy.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    31 Mar '18 04:23
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    For someone who often critiques grammar here on a casual debates board, I question your use of three question marks.

    haha, just kidding, couldn't give a stuff, it's more fun and easier to call you on your hypocrisy.
    Hypocrisy?
    I've schooled you before about using polysyllabic words you don't understand.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65523
    31 Mar '18 04:46
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Hypocrisy?
    I've schooled you before about using polysyllabic words you don't understand.
    I don't go about being a grammar police, but you do. So it is hypocrisy to do so when you're so reckless with grammar yourself.

    "the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case."

    So while i used the word correctly there's the question of the question marks.

    Why the single question mark in this post but you felt the need for the triple in the OP, is that correct grammar?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    31 Mar '18 05:06
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    I don't go about being a grammar police, but you do. So it is hypocrisy to do so when you're so reckless with grammar yourself.

    "the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case."

    So while i used the word correctly there's the question of the question marks.

    Why the single question mark in this post but you felt the need for the triple in the OP, is that correct grammar?
    In text and informal internet forums multiple question marks indicates
    perplexity and a real need for an answer and/or an incredulity.

    You must have seen this before?

    Otherwise you should have attended one of my IT communication classes.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65523
    31 Mar '18 05:14
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    In text and informal internet forums multiple question marks indicates
    perplexity and a real need for an answer and/or an incredulity.

    You must have seen this before?

    Otherwise you should have attended one of my IT communication classes.
    'informal internet forums'

    I think you're getting it.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    31 Mar '18 05:27
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43574249

    What is the matter with US Cops???

    Shooting an unarmed man who is clearly having some mental problems.
    "Fearing for his safety"...

    Really?

    I see versions of this in almost every story where unarmed black men get shot and killed. People now know this is all they have to say and juries will acquit them.

    I ask why in hell did these cowardly police officers become cops in the first place? I doubt any of them would say they became cops so they could murder black people, but here we are, anyway.
  8. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    31 Mar '18 05:531 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne to wolfgang59
    "Fearing for his safety"...

    Really?

    I see versions of this in almost every story where unarmed black men get shot and killed. People now know this is all they have to say and juries will acquit them.

    I ask why in hell did these cowardly police officers become cops in the first place? I doubt any of them would say they became cops so they could murder black people, but here we are, anyway.
    The policeman who shot and killed a black man is also black.
    So I doubt that he joined the police to enjoy killing black people.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    31 Mar '18 07:57
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The policeman who shot and killed a black man is also black.
    So I doubt that he joined the police to enjoy killing black people.
    Yep. This isn't racism - it's the ineptitude of the Police.
    And I don't blame individual Officers.
    Surely it comes down to training and dare I say it Education.
  10. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56284
    31 Mar '18 09:30
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Yep. This isn't racism - it's the ineptitude of the Police.
    And I don't blame individual Officers.
    Surely it comes down to training and dare I say it Education.
    Yeah, that and: STOP SHOOTING PEOPLE
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    31 Mar '18 09:49
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The policeman who shot and killed a black man is also black.
    So I doubt that he joined the police to enjoy killing black people.
    He had the choice to use his taser, which he was armed with.

    Was he really in fear for his life from a man in the street in the middle of a busy intersection with his pants down?

    I doubt that, too.
  12. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56284
    31 Mar '18 12:32
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    He had the choice to use his taser, which he was armed with.

    Was he really in fear for his life from a man in the street in the middle of a busy intersection with his pants down?

    I doubt that, too.
    First rule of society is club is: STOP SHOOTING PEOPLE.

    I think that's going to be my mantra for every post I have to make, due to the hellish repetitiveness of every single thread about US gun violence.

    The whole world says: Less guns is good.
    The US gun lobby and their brain dead apologists say: Less guns can't work. It's my right.

    Day in, day FFing out.
    Sick of it.

    It's pointless.

    Uh, yeah, sorry it's your post Suzianne... nothing personal (you know that)... but this has to stop.

    There's no point in debating the issue. The basic sentiment has to be: STOP SHOOTING PEOPLE.

    And if there are less guns, there will be less people being shot.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65523
    31 Mar '18 12:42
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    [b}
    The whole world says: Less guns is good.
    .

    .[/b]
    Actually they don't shav, you need to tone down your exaggerations, claiming to speak for the whole world. The whole world sure doesn't need you speaking for them.
  14. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    31 Mar '18 18:472 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    He had the choice to use his taser, which he was armed with.
    Was he really in fear for his life from a man in the street in the middle of a busy intersection with his pants down?

    I doubt that, too.
    Unwilling to concede any error, Suzianne should know that my point was not about
    whether the policeman was in sincere 'fear for his life'.
    My point was that there's no evidence that this black policeman was motivated
    (as Suzianne stereotypically implies) by anti-black racism.

    The common ideological fanaticism here makes many, if not most, writers prefer to ignore
    or deny facts that fail to conform to their preconceived beliefs.
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56284
    31 Mar '18 19:40
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Actually they don't shav, you need to tone down your exaggerations, claiming to speak for the whole world. The whole world sure doesn't need you speaking for them.
    Okay smart trailer-inbred... name me one country (besides the US) where the government says: more guns is better than less guns...

    Go on. Tell us!

    Ass-wipe.
Back to Top