Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 17:37
    David Keyes, the spokesman for israel's Prime Minister Netanyahu, has
    been apparently accused by more than one woman of sexual assault.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/12/julia-salazar-new-york-senate-candidate-accuses-david-keyes-sexual-assault

"New York senate candidate accuses Israeli PM's spokesman of sexual assault
    Julia Salazar, a candidate in Democratic primary, tweets about alleged incident in 2013."

"Julia Salazar, a candidate for New York’s state senate, has accused
    the Israeli prime minister’s spokesman of sexually assaulting her.
    David Keyes denied the accusation and said Salazar was “dishonest”.

"Following the post, the Wall Street Journal reporter Shayndi Raice
    tweeted that she also had a “terrible encounter with David Keyes”
    before he joined Benjamin Netanyahu’s office, and claimed his
    “mistreatment of women was an open secret”.

“The man had absolutely no conception of the word ‘no’,” Raice wrote.
    “No matter how often I said no, he would not stop pushing himself on me.
    I was able to extricate myself quickly and it was a very brief and uncomfortable
    moment, but I knew as I walked away I had encountered a predator.”"
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 21:30
    Originally posted by @duchess64

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/12/julia-salazar-new-york-senate-candidate-accuses-david-keyes-sexual-assault

Julia Salazar, ...[text shortened]... ery brief and uncomfortable
    So, Julia Salazar accuses David Keyes of sexual assault. Well, if Julia Salazar, is a candidate in Democratic primary I assume she is an educated lady who can pursue this issue herself, legally or diplomatically if she chooses to. So, do we need to know about every accusation of sexual assault??
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 21:41
    Originally posted by @mchill
    So, Julia Salazar accuses David Keyes of sexual assault. Well, if Julia Salazar, is a candidate in Democratic primary I assume she is an educated lady who can pursue this issue herself, legally or diplomatically if she chooses to. So, do we need to know about every accusation of sexual assault??
    If Mchill had bothered to read the cited article, then he could have read Julia Salazar's
    own explanation about why she's speaking out.

It was not by her choice, She was about to be 'outed' as a victim of sexual assault.
    So she decided to speak out before a right-wing media source could put its spin on the story.

“There’s a reason women don’t often come forward after a traumatic experience –
    because of the triggering and vicious responses that follow.”
    --Julia Salazar
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 21:52
    Originally posted by @mchill
    You got it all wrong man.

We only care about sexual assault if Trump or the leader of the Zionists or a conservative republican is being accused of it.

That is why these movements are started.
  5. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 21:55
    If Mchill had bothered to read the cited article, then he could have read Julia Salazar's
    own explanation about why she's speaking out.

It was not by her choice, She was about to be 'outed' as a victim of sexual assault.
    So she decided to speak out before a right-wing media source could put its spin on the story.

“There’s a reason women don’t oft ...[text shortened]... c experience –
    because of the triggering and vicious responses that follow.”
    --Julia Salazar
    It was not by her choice, She was about to be 'outed' as a victim of sexual assault. So she decided to speak out before a right-wing media source could put its spin on the story.

Ok, she was about to be "outed" so, posting this information here is going to accomplish-

What?
  6. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 03:061 edit
    Predictably, the anti-Semitic troll D64 leaps at the opportunity to utter the words "Benjamin Netanyahu" in the same sentence alongside an accused sex offender.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 03:172 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Predictably, the anti-Semitic troll D64 leaps at the opportunity to utter the words "Benjamin Netanyahu" in the same sentence alongside an accused sex offender.
    The racist sexist troll Tom Wolsey hurls more diversionary lies.
    Other pro-Israeli trolls have falsely accused me of hating all Jews before.
    It's a standard lie by pro-Israeli propagandists.

The accuser, Julia Salazar, has claimed to be of Jewish
    heritage herself, though others have disputed that claim.

If the pro-Israeli troll Tom Wolsey wants to argue that
    all prominent Israeli Jewish men (though David Keyes
    is American) are incapable of rape, then he hopes that
    everyone 's ignorant of the fact that Moshe Katsev, a
    President of Israel, was convicted of rape in Israel.

"Eleven additional women subsequently came out with similar
    allegations of harassment or assault against (David) Keyes."
    --Wikipedia

Tom.Wolsey presumably believes all these women must be lying.
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 03:33
    Given that Israel has a recent President, Moshe Katsev,
    who's a convicted rapist, I doubt that the Israeli media
    would get as hysterical as the troll Tom Wolsey about
    Prime Minister Netanyahu 's spokesman being accused
    of sexual assault.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 18:14
    Predictably, the anti-Semitic troll D64 leaps at the opportunity to utter the words
    "Benjamin Netanyahu" in the same sentence alongside an accused sex offender.
    The troll Tom Wolsey presumably would advise Harvey Weinstein to fling the stock charge
    of anti-Semitism at all the many women who have accused him of rape or sexual assault.
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 18:191 edit

Julia Salazar, ...[text shortened]... ery brief and uncomfortable
    Why do you insist on highlighting every woman who complains some famous person did something to them? Can't you leave them alone? Bad things happened to her...the last thing they need is people like you telling everyone something bad happened to them.

let the courts figure it out and stop your gossip mongering.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Why do you insist on highlighting every woman who complains some famous person did something to them? Can't you leave them alone? Bad things happened to her...the last thing they need is people like you telling everyone something bad happened to them.

let the courts figure it out and stop your gossip mongering.
    Showing his prejudices, Uzless spews nonsense and falsehoods.

"Why do you insist on highlighting every woman who complains some famous person did something to them?"
    --Uzless

FALSE. I do NOT post about EVERY (not even close) woman in the 'Me Too' movement.
    And David Keyes (the accused man) is hardly famous.

"Can't you leave them alone? ... Bad things happened to her...the last thing they need
    is people like you telling everyone something bad happened to them.
    --Uzless

Uzless absurdly acts as though I alone personally 'outed' Julia Salazar against her will.
    In fact, Julia Salazar, a candidate for the US Senate, made a point of speaking out on
    Twitter, which already has drawn international coverage in many newspapers.
    The accused man David Keyes, already is a public figure.

Why does Uzless seem so motivated to ignore, if not cover up, the accusations by
    Julia Salazar *and other women* against David Keyes?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 18:40
    The troll Tom Wolsey presumably would advise Harvey Weinstein to fling the stock charge
    of anti-Semitism at all the many women who have accused him of rape or sexual assault.
    You have (rightly) condemned (the American) Harvey Weinstein for his sexual misconduct, but have previously avoided doing so in regards to (the non-American) Roman Polanski, instead choosing to post links to how well regarded he now is in his home country.

Would you like to take this opportunity to condemn the non-American Roman Polanski, who 'Since 1978, has been a fugitive from the U.S. criminal justice system, having fled the country while awaiting sentencing in his sexual abuse case, where he pleaded guilty to statutory rape'?

Wikipedia
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 19:132 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You have (rightly) condemned (the American) Harvey Weinstein for his sexual misconduct, but have previously avoided doing so in regards to (the non-American) Roman Polanski, instead choosing to post links to how well regarded he now is in his home country.

Would you like to take this opportunity to condemn the non-American Roman Polanski, who 'Si ...[text shortened]... g sentencing in his sexual abuse case, where he pleaded guilty to statutory rape'?

Wikipedia
    As usual, Ghost of a Duke misrepresents my position.

I personally condemn Roman Polanski for what he did to a 13 year old girl in the USA.
    I believe that he should have stayed in the USA in order to face the justice system there.
    I simply cited the fact that he has been (perhaps changing now) well-regarded in his
    native Poland, presumably out of a misplaced sense of Polish nationalistic pride.

Many more women and girls have accused Harvey Weinstein than Roman Polanski of rape or sexual assault.
    I would add that some of Roman Polanski's apologists might (like the troll Tom Wolsey)
    have accused his critics of anti-Semitism, given that he's of Jewish heritage.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 20:541 edit
    Given that Israel has a recent President, Moshe Katsev,
    who's a convicted rapist, I doubt that the Israeli media
    would get as hysterical as the troll Tom Wolsey about
    Prime Minister Netanyahu 's spokesman being accused
    of sexual assault.
    I regret misspelling the name of Israel's President convicted of rape--it's Moshe Katsav.
    Some of my trolls may prefer to disbelieve or even deny that he was convicted of rape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshe_Katsav

"[In 2006] Katsav was accused of raping and sexually harassing up to ten women. ...
    On 15 October 2006, police said the complaints of five of the women would not be pursued
    because the statute of limitations had run out. ... On 7 March 2007, an attempt to impeach
    Katsav failed.[30] In accordance with a plea bargain, Katsav resigned effective on 1 July 2007."

"In the absence of forensic evidence, prosecutors built their case almost entirely on witness testimony.
    According to legal experts, the similarities in the testimonies of the victims, who could not
    have known one another, would be instrumental in his conviction.

On 30 December 2010, the three judges unanimously found Katsav guilty of "rape, sexual harassment,
    committing an indecent act while using force, harassing a witness and obstruction of justice"."

"On 22 March 2011, Moshe Katsav was sentenced to seven years in prison and two
    years' probation for rape, indecent acts, sexual harassment and obstruction of justice,
    becoming the first former President of Israel to be sentenced to prison."

"The prison parole board rejected a request by Moshe Katsav for a conditional early release
    from prison on 6 April 2016. It is allowed by Israeli law to release a prisoner after serving
    two thirds of a term. The parole board decided that Katsav, who always maintained he is
    innocent and never expressed any regret for his actions and also refused to take part in
    rehabilitation programs, could continue to harass the victims and still posed a risk to women.
    On 18 December 2016, the parole board granted Katsav early release, announcing that he
    had expressed regret for his actions before it, even though he had failed to do so publicly."

Would not some fanatical supporters of Israel here want these facts to be censored?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 13:12
    As usual, Ghost of a Duke misrepresents my position.

I personally condemn Roman Polanski for what he did to a 13 year old girl in the USA.
    I believe that he should have stayed in the USA in order to face the justice system there.
    I simply cited the fact that he has been (perhaps changing now) well-regarded in his
    native Poland, presumably out of a m ...[text shortened]... roll Tom Wolsey)
    have accused his critics of anti-Semitism, given that he's of Jewish heritage.
    It is your modus operandi to misrepresent what is said by others, invariably with the opening words 'as I recall' or 'apparently.'

That said, good to see you finally condemning Roman Polanski for what he did.