Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    22 Jan '10 02:20
    First, Pat Robertson said it was the devil exacting its price as part of a 2 century old deal.

Then, it was Danny Glover claiming that it was global warming that was to blame.

Now, it's Hugo Chavez blaming someone.

I'll give you all one moment to guess who he blames...

Need more time? Okay; one more moment...

If you said the United States military, you WIN!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/21/chavez_us_weapon_test_caused_haiti_earthquake.html

Really; how long will it be before Achmadenijad figures out a way to blame this on Israel?
  2. 22 Jan '10 02:28
    Originally posted by sh76
    First, Pat Robertson said it was the devil exacting its price as part of a 2 century old deal.

Then, it was Danny Glover claiming that it was global warming that was to blame.

If you said the U ...[text shortened]...

Really; how long will it be before Achmadenijad figures out a way to blame this on Israel?
    I just read on the Fox scroll during the Factor that Venezuala news reported that America has a earthquake device and caused the earthquake in Haiti. We can also cause floods, and droughts as well. Now that is the funniest sh&t I've heard in the longest time.
  3. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    22 Jan '10 02:38

Isn't John Travolta shipping e-meters Haiti.
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    22 Jan '10 04:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by torch71
    I just read on the Fox scroll during the Factor that Venezuala news reported that America has a earthquake device and caused the earthquake in Haiti. We can also cause floods, and droughts as well. Now that is the funniest sh&t I've heard in the longest time.
    I read a story which I have no way of verifying - but it cracks me up anyway.

A soldier claimed that enemies have surrendered in fear because American bases have force fields and cannot be assaulted - telling everything they knew - because of the American mind reading devices that would find out anyway...

So the soldier used an old stereo, pretending it was a mind reading device...
  5. 22 Jan '10 09:54
    Originally posted by torch71
    It would not surprise me if many of the nut cases who post on this forum hold similar views.
  6. 22 Jan '10 10:43

Truth is, too many jack roosters occupy the continent slightly north west of Haiti (no, not the small
    island - I'm talking about that huge continent) and the collective weight of these bums rolling back
    and forth on their donut breadcumbs covered stools disrupt the earth's crust such that quakes
    happen elsewhere. It's not really a joking matter. That part of the world could come to an end, you
    know? Next thing you know, parts of earth falls off and the rest os us swirl helplessly into the
    sun's corona (though individual mass and gravity will probably keep the roosters spinning in perfect
    solar and buddy orbit - aaaooaooaoooaooaooh/this is fun!).

I blame every single USA:an whom haven't embraced the philosophy of moderation and diet.
    Personally I'm off to buy a huge burger, a ridiculous amount of sugar (mixed into water with
    carbonic acid) and a nice trendy space suit for the days to come.

This is why I rarely visit these forums anymore. I have to explain ev-erything.
  7. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    22 Jan '10 12:55

Wanna talk about the $hit that is said about Chavez that isn't real?
    And did Chavez really said that or is this one more for the list?
  8. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    22 Jan '10 12:56
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    A soldier claimed that enemies have surrendered in fear because American bases have force fields and cannot be assaulted - telling everything they knew - because of the American mind reading devices that would find out anyway...
    Actually this is very similar to a real military project from the USA.
  9. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    22 Jan '10 13:03
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Wanna talk about the $hit that is said about Chavez that isn't real?
    And did Chavez really said that or is this one more for the list?
    Decide for yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9QtZkT8OBQ
  10. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    22 Jan '10 13:12
    Originally posted by monster truck
    Decide for yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9QtZkT8OBQ
    Quote please...
  11. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    22 Jan '10 13:24
    Quote please...
    Watch the link please.
    Decide for yourself what was or wasn't said.
  12. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    22 Jan '10 13:27 / 1 edit
    Watch the link please.
    Decide for yourself what was or wasn't said.
    The link provides stock footage Chavez and a news-woman saying that Chavez said such and such... I can't decide on that.

On the other hand apparently who said that was the russian military and the venezuelan media just quoted them.

After that happened USA media reported that Chavez was the one that said that and I'm betting that world media will be quick to notice this fact.

So either you provide footage of Chavez actually saying that or we have no deal.
  13. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    22 Jan '10 13:40
    The link provides stock footage Chavez and a news-woman saying that Chavez said such and such... I can't decide on that.

Sure you can.
    I did.
  14. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    22 Jan '10 13:42
    This is the only actual Chavez quote I can find.

Yesterday, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez issued a condemnatory broadside against the Obama administration’s efforts to help Haiti recover from the recent devastating 7.0-magnitude earthquake:

I read that 3,000 soldiers are arriving, Marines armed as if they were going to war. There is not a shortage of guns there, my God. Doctors, medicine, fuel, field hospitals, that’s what the United States should send,” Chavez said on his weekly television show. “They are occupying Haiti undercover.”

So the 'Quake Machine' quote can be disregarded until further notice.
  15. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    22 Jan '10 13:43
    Sure you can.
    I did.
    Of course you did. So let me provide you with some stock footage of Bush and me saying that Bush said that you are an idiot.

That just have to be true right? I'm mean I'm saying that Bush called you an idiot and I'm providing some stock footage of Bush.