Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    13 Feb '11 10:35
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2011/02/11/shirtless_lawmaker_latest_ny_political_scandal/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news

Another Republican...another sex scandal...another resigniation. I see the party of christian pure, goody two shoes, family values has taken another hit...and they've got the gall to complain about the Democrats? Well...the Democrats are not blameless in this area, but it sure seems to be happening to GOP lawmakers a lot more.
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Feb '11 12:52
    Originally posted by bill718
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2011/02/11/shirtless_lawmaker_latest_ny_political_scandal/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news

Another Republican...another sex scandal...another resigniation. I see the party of christian pure, goody two shoes, family values has taken another hit...and they've got the gall to complain about the Democrats? Well...t ...[text shortened]... are not blameless in this area, but it sure seems to be happening to GOP lawmakers a lot more.
    This is the silliest one yet. All the guy did was send a woman a shirtless photo. Big deal.

He was not one of these bible thumping social conservatives and was a middle of the road Republican who was known to cross party lines on occasion, such as regarding the SCHIP bill.

I guess this guy had to resign, but this is hardly much of a "hit." Any insinuation of hypocrisy against Lee is plainly unsubstantiated.
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Feb '11 13:08
    Originally posted by sh76
    He was [...] a middle of the road Republican who was known to cross party lines on occasion
    Is this what you put his degeneracy down to?
  4. 13 Feb '11 13:11
    Originally posted by bill718

Another Republican...another sex scandal...another resigniation. I see the party of christian pure, goody two shoes, family values has taken another hit...and they've got the gall to complain about the Democrats? Well...t ...[text shortened]... are not blameless in this area, but it sure seems to be happening to GOP lawmakers a lot more.
    ...it [lawmakers resigning over "moral" allegations] sure seems to be happening to GOP lawmakers a lot more.

Does it? Where did you find this data?
  5. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Feb '11 13:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    What degeneracy? That he sent a shirtless pic to a woman?

Sorry; I don't see the big deal.

Even if he had slept with her, it would be a minor thing in today's day and age (maybe major between he and his wife, but between he and his constituents? minor).
  6. 13 Feb '11 13:41
    What degeneracy? That he sent a shirtless pic to a woman?

Sorry; I don't see the big deal.

Even if he had slept with her, it would be a minor thing in today's day and age (maybe major between he and his wife, but between he and his constituents? minor).
    It should be a minor thing, but would it?
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Feb '11 13:42
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It should be a minor thing, but would it?
    To me it would.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Feb '11 13:43
    What degeneracy? [...] I don't see the big deal.
    Well, why would you? You too are a middle of the road Republican who has been known to cross party lines on occasion.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Feb '11 13:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, why would you? You too are a middle of the road Republican who has been known to cross party lines on occasion.
  10. 13 Feb '11 13:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    How is this guy a degenerate?

Barney Frank is a degenerate.
  11. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Feb '11 13:54
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    How is this guy a degenerate?
    Well, we have people mentioning him in the same breath as Barney Frank for a start.
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Feb '11 13:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, we have people mentioning him in the same breath as Barney Frank for a start.
    FMF is on a roll today.
  13. 13 Feb '11 14:08 / 1 edit
    FMF is on a roll today.
    Everybody is a degenerate compared to Saint FMF.

A man wanting to have sex with a woman? Degenerate?

What a rude prude.
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Feb '11 14:19
    Let's just let this moment hang there for a moment.
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    13 Feb '11 17:11
    From the OP link:

John McLaughlin, a national Republican pollster who has worked for many New York candidates, said the state's changing demographics may have given rise to a new culture of political scandal in the state.

"For years, you had a certain level of middle-class folks who were traditionally ethnic, Catholic and Jewish in New York state. Then, you had your share of political corruption but now you have moral corruption, too," McLaughlin said.

Interesting comment.