Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    27 Aug '18 08:14
    white male, wow, who would have thought

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jacksonville-florida-mass-shooting-today-multiple-dead-including-suspect-jacksonville-landing-madden-19-tournament-live-updates/

    David Katz, 24, of Baltimore, Maryland, is believed to be the gunman, Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams said. Katz used a single handgun to carry out the shooting and died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, he said. Williams described Katz as a white male who was attending the gaming event. He did not know if Katz knew the victims.
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Joined
    11 Dec '04
    Moves
    68866
    27 Aug '18 10:47
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    white male, wow, who would have thought
    Since Whodey didn't create the thread, it's a pretty good guess that the a$$hole doing this was white.

    Another sad day in US history. If only there was something to do about it...
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81278
    27 Aug '18 14:58
    Originally posted by @lundos
    Since Whodey didn't create the thread, it's a pretty good guess that the a$$hole doing this was white.

    Another sad day in US history. If only there was something to do about it...
    shooter was a 24 yr old basement dwelling millennial that didn't read the >gun free zone< signs. But hey, at least he was still on his parents healthcare right?
  4. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Joined
    11 Dec '04
    Moves
    68866
    27 Aug '18 17:52
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    shooter was a 24 yr old basement dwelling millennial that didn't read the >gun free zone< signs. But hey, at least he was still on his parents healthcare right?
    You really want to comment about not reading a sign and then ask that question as a response to a mass murder?

    Really?
    .
    .
    .
    Really?
  5. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19323
    28 Aug '18 10:32
    ... He was also apparently part of some serious anti-Trump type stuff.

    I am not saying this because "it's so RELEVANT! I am convinced this is refelctive of all lefties!" because that would make me an idiot.

    I am saying it in hopes that idiots will take pause the next time a shooting occurs and stop cheering for the idea that it is a white male with conservative views, as if that would somehow reflect on conservatives.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    28 Aug '18 16:40
    Americans really seem trigger-happy.
    If I want to go to America, to where should I go to be safe from shootings?
  7. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    28 Aug '18 18:50
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    ... He was also apparently part of some serious anti-Trump type stuff.

    I am not saying this because "it's so RELEVANT! I am convinced this is refelctive of all lefties!" because that would make me an idiot.

    I am saying it in hopes that idiots will take pause the next time a shooting occurs and stop cheering for the idea that it is a white male with conservative views, as if that would somehow reflect on conservatives.
    Ah, apparently. No chance you read that on a fake news website, like... The Gateway Pundit?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    28 Aug '18 18:52
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    ... He was also apparently part of some serious anti-Trump type stuff.

    I am not saying this because "it's so RELEVANT! I am convinced this is refelctive of all lefties!" because that would make me an idiot.

    I am saying it in hopes that idiots will take pause the next time a shooting occurs and stop cheering for the idea that it is a white male with conservative views, as if that would somehow reflect on conservatives.
    absolutely nobody is cheering that he was a white male, you gigantic douchebag.

    it's another mass shooting, where too many people died, after which again nothing will be done. because americans like their guns more than they like people.

    the fact that the shooter was white is only going to be relevant when the right will again prove to be silent.


    one immigrant killed a woman and asholes went berzerk calling for a stop on immigration but several people get killed and those asholes are hilariously silent.
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    28 Aug '18 21:13
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    ... He was also apparently part of some serious anti-Trump type stuff.

    I am not saying this because "it's so RELEVANT! I am convinced this is refelctive of all lefties!" because that would make me an idiot.

    I am saying it in hopes that idiots will take pause the next time a shooting occurs and stop cheering for the idea that it is a white male with conservative views, as if that would somehow reflect on conservatives.
    I didn’t say anything about political views. Nobody cares if a Muslim is conservative when they get blamed for stuff.
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    281431
    28 Aug '18 21:27
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Americans really seem trigger-happy.
    If I want to go to America, to where should I go to be safe from shootings?
    Nowhere. Just buy a gun and when they crazies go off kill em. Conceal carry states are the safest. The anti gun states have the most killings. Stay outta the inner city in blue states for sure.
  11. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19323
    29 Aug '18 11:52
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    absolutely nobody is cheering that he was a white male, you gigantic douchebag.

    it's another mass shooting, where too many people died, after which again nothing will be done. because americans like their guns more than they like people.

    the fact that the shooter was white is only going to be relevant when the right will again prove to be silent. ...[text shortened]... or a stop on immigration but several people get killed and those asholes are hilariously silent.
    Of course no one is literally cheering for him to be white, or cheering for mass shootings to happen and be done by white people.

    Within the causal use of the phrase "cheering" is the idea that the left is excited to point out, in the Forum, that he was white.

    Just as such, it could be said that right wingers were "cheering" when the shooter was Muslim.

    But IDK.. At this point I am maybe...

    ... Decontextualizing the decontextualization? ...

    So, OK. Touche? Sure. We'll go with that.
  12. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    29 Aug '18 19:12
    Originally posted by @philokalia to Zahlanzi
    Of course no one is literally cheering for him to be white, or cheering for mass shootings to happen and be done by white people.

    Within the causal use of the phrase "cheering" is the idea that the left is excited to point out, in the Forum, that he was white.

    Just as such, it could be said that right wingers were "cheer ...[text shortened]... ... Decontextualizing the decontextualization? ...

    So, OK. Touche? Sure. We'll go with that.
    This forum's full of white men, but there's not even one avowed Muslim writer here.
    Let's compare the probability of non-Muslim white men inciting hatred against Muslims
    with that of white men inciting hatred against other white men.
Back to Top