21 Mar '18 22:18
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/us/austin-bombings-suspect.html
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 23:10
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/us/austin-bombings-suspect.html
    last I heard they had no motive...are you privy to info others don't have?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 00:221 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    last I heard they had no motive...are you privy to info others don't have?
    They have no motive because he's dead. Therefore, they can't ask him what it was.

That doesn't mean they'll never find a motive. Investigators may get some info through his social media or interviews with family or others who knew him.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 01:07
    Originally posted by @vivify
    They have no motive because he's dead. Therefore, they can't ask him what it was.

That doesn't mean they'll never find a motive. Investigators may get some info through his social media or interviews with family or others who knew him.
    I know that...I was questioning the OPs claim he was a terrorist.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 02:24
    Ahhh, finally caught up, I see.

I'm guessing the residents of Austin were pretty terrified over the last week or so. Sounds like terrorism to me.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 02:37
    The article says he left a "dramatic and deadly trail of homemade explosions that left two people dead and injured four others".

Jesus, what's a white guy gotta do to be a terrorist around here?
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 03:23
    What's your definition of terrorism ??
  8. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 03:25

Barney's and his buddies will save day. Don't you worry. Well maybe not. He bleach bitted the hard drives and smashed all the phones w/ a hammer. Call Mueller pronto.
  9. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:061 edit
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    Barney's and his buddies will save day. Don't you worry. Well maybe not. He bleach bitted the hard drives and smashed all the phones w/ a hammer. Call Mueller pronto.
    "bleach bitted"?

I like that!

Assuming it means what I think it does:
    White-washed;
    Wiped clean;
    Sanitized... etc.
  10. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:54
    The article says he left a "dramatic and deadly trail of homemade explosions that left two people dead and injured four others".

Jesus, what's a white guy gotta do to be a terrorist around here?
    Publicly announce conversion to Islam prior to act of going postal?
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:276 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Ahhh, finally caught up, I see.

I'm guessing the residents of Austin were pretty terrified over the last week or so. Sounds like terrorism to me.
    In true liberal fashion your ignorance shines through once again.

The FBI defines domestic terrorism as acts perpetrated by “individuals and/or groups inspired by or associated with primarily U.S.-based movements that espouse extremist ideologies of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.” It provides the example of the June 2014 Las Vegas shooting, during which two police officers inside a restaurant were killed in an ambush-style attack committed by a married couple who held anti-government views.

The Patriot Act defines “domestic terrorism” as activities within the U.S. that involve acts dangerous to human life intended to “intimidate or coerce a civilian population,” “to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion,” or “to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping.”

Dictionary...
    ter·ror·ism
    ˈterəˌrizəm/
    noun
    noun: terrorism
    the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/austin-bomber-‘challenged-young-man’-or-‘terrorist’/ar-BBKyaCj?ocid=spartandhp
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:35
    [i][b]In true liberal fashion your ignorance shines through once again.

The FBI defines domestic terrorism as acts perpetrated by “individuals and/or groups inspired by or associated with primarily U.S.-based movements that espouse extremist ideologies of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.” It provides the example of ...[text shortened]... en-us/news/us/austin-bomber-‘challenged-young-man’-or-‘terrorist’/ar-BBKyaCj?ocid=spartandhp
    [/b]
    Just because they haven't found a political manifesto does not mean this person was not trying to foment change, political or otherwise. So the definition would stand in the modified way you would contextualise and in its broader sense of wanting to create a state of fear through acts of terror, makes this misguided puppy a terrorist.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:45
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Just because they haven't found a political manifesto does not mean this person was not trying to foment change, political or otherwise. So the definition would stand in the modified way you would contextualise and in its broader sense of wanting to create a state of fear through acts of terror, makes this misguided puppy a terrorist.
    you are Assuming.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:463 edits
    Here are the terrorist...

San Antonio ANTIFA
    Yesterday at 1:49am ·
    I hope our comrades in austin stay safe and keep an eye out for these bombers . even tho media sources say we are winning and that the fascist are retreating i warn to all that this is just the next step in the right wing terrorist agenda . its only going to get worse . we need to understand that these people will kill innocent civilians to get they're point and message across . we need more solidarity and militancy among the left to combat this growing and deadly threat . if we have comrades hunting terrorist overseas in syria and iraq we can do the same here at home but this time it isnt isis we are hunting . its white nationalist and white supremacist .

https://www.facebook.com/SanAntonioANTIFA/?hc_ref=ARQIUZ9Zysn2clBevOH-_AJOkm537wMBWzywil8hy7OT1tLX1awOOss-NBqfSg6oR4I&fref=nf

>>>"we need more solidarity and militancy among the left to combat this growing and deadly threat"<<<
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 14:33
    Here are the terrorist....

>>>"we need more solidarity and [b]militancy among the left
    to combat this growing and deadly threat"<<<[/b]
    Well your holy constitution allows all Americans to arm themselves against tyranny, which no doubt sucks to be you cause it means the alt right does not have exclusive rights on patriotism or the moral authority to claim to know what is good for every other American.