Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 13:30
    http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/ohio/major-insurer-anthem-to-withdraw-from-ohio-health-care-exchange/446257514

Great news Dims, yet another evil money loving corporation is pulling out of Obamacare cuz they can't make money from it.

Congrats!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 13:511 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/ohio/major-insurer-anthem-to-withdraw-from-ohio-health-care-exchange/446257514

Great news Dims, yet another evil money loving corporation is pulling out of Obamacare cuz they can't make money from it.

Congrats!
    And the reason for that is because the pharm industry OWNS medical and self justifies selling shyte drugs for 10 bucks a pill and put on some act like they are saving humanity when in fact it is just a matter of corporate greed at its very worse.

Hospitals chug a lot of charges in their bills that should not be there, so a 1000 dollar proceedure ends up costing the insurance company TEN thousand bucks instead.

This is not the fault of insurance companies. Go after big Pharm if you want to accomplish something real.

If you don't believe me, check out the pharm prices in Canada V the US. BIG difference for the exact same drug and even in Canada they are still making a profit off drugs.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 14:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And the reason for that is because the pharm industry OWNS medical and self justifies selling shyte drugs for 10 bucks a pill and put on some act like they are saving humanity when in fact it is just a matter of corporate greed at its very worse.

Hospitals chug a lot of charges in their bills that should not be there, so a 1000 dollar proceedure ends up ...[text shortened]... difference for the exact same drug and even in Canada they are still making a profit off drugs.
    Yet Obama decided they meeded government subsidies.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 14:16
    I get my medcare almost for free.
    What does it cost in US?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What does it cost in US?
    Depends.

If you are poor enough, completely free.

How much do you pay in taxes for your nearly free medical care?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 14:40
    What does it cost in US?
    We have medicare for old farts like me, but it is not full coverage. It costs about 150 US per month and it comes out of the money they supposedly give you for working your entire life, so I get about 2000 a month Social Security but they take out 150 for medicare. Such a deal, eh. AND that only covers 80% of whatever bills you get and THAT is assuming Medicare accepts the costs, sometimes they balk at paying so at best if you get a bill for 100,000 US you pay 20,000 out of pocket.

THEREFORE, you need yet another insurance plan to cover that: it's called 'supplimental' to cover maybe 90% of that last 20% and THAT costs even more than medicare, 165 US per month for my wife.

I am very lucky to be very healthy, I picked the right parents, so I don't need a supplimental plan and I personally have a backup plan, not the best but it is there if I need it: I am a military veteran and so am eligible for Veterans health plans which is very cheap but there are systemic problems in that system, people dying waiting for treatment and such, supposedly being improved but I am not holding my breath, instead, just doing the things that keeps me healthy, hate tobacco, don't drink much, don't do drugs, now anyway🙂 40 years ago, that was another thing🙂 At that time I thought I was too smart so went on an active IQ reduction program, which worked REALLY well🙂
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 14:421 edit

Hospitals chug a lot of charges in their bills that should not be there, so a 1000 dollar proceedure ends up ...[text shortened]... difference for the exact same drug and even in Canada they are still making a profit off drugs.
    Then why did Obamacare not go after big Pharm?

Makes one wonder, eh?

No worries, I'm sure these vary same people will figure it out once they take it completely over.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 14:43
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Depends.

If you are poor enough, completely free.

How much do you pay in taxes for your nearly free medical care?
    I pay taxes, yes, but I get a lot of bang for the bucks. That's why there are no really poor people here.
    A friend of mine had to pay like a lot of dollars for an appendix operation in NYC. This was not really planned...
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 14:47
    We have medicare for old farts like me, but it is not full coverage. It costs about 150 US per month and it comes out of the money they supposedly give you for working your entire life, so I get about 2000 a month Social Security but they take out 150 for medicare. Such a deal, eh. AND that only covers 80% of whatever bills you get and THAT is assuming Medi ...[text shortened]... I thought I was too smart so went on an active IQ reduction program, which worked REALLY well🙂
    But how about the poor people who cannot afford an insurance, what happens with them...?
    USA seems to be a rich people, I know because I see Bay Watch and other movies. But in reality, the citizens of USA is not that rich, are they?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 14:561 edit
    But how about the poor people who cannot afford an insurance, what happens with them...?
    USA seems to be a rich people, I know because I see Bay Watch and other movies. But in reality, the citizens of USA is not that rich, are they?
    Did you hear about the statistics for instance, of Mexicans going back to Mexico? Not because of T, but because they are now getting living wages there and don't need so much to be crawling under bushes to get to the US world of heaven.

The US auto maker workers used to get really high wages, 30+ dollars an hour but when the republicans got their fingers into it, just oh so coincidentally, the wages got cut by some 60% to about 18 bucks an hour. And the rest of US industry followed suit.

For instance, airline pilots used to make 200K a year, now they are lucky to pull down 60K a year. Just about every industry has done the same thing to their workers.

I am extremely lucky to be a genuine old fart, still working full time with rather high wages PLUS my social security money but I am very good at my high tech work and people noticed and don't give a damn I am 75 years old, I am doing the tech job of a 30 year old and getting decent wages for it also. Quite a bit better than most nowadays.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 15:07
    Originally posted by whodey

Congrats!
    A few facts are necessary (as always when we are in a whodey thread):

1) Anthem is not pulling out of the exchanges altogether but only from the Ohio one. That still leaves it operating in 13 States;

2) This could be a problem in the 20 counties in Ohio where Anthem is the only insurer on the exchanges (though another company could pick up the slack) but those counties contain only 6% of all marketplace enrollees in Ohio;

3) Guess why Anthem is pulling out:

According to the Wall Street Journal, Anthem called the market "volatile," and said it was having trouble pricing its plans, which is now “increasingly difficult due to the shrinking individual market as well as continual changes in federal operations, rules and guidance.” It singled out the uncertainty over whether the government would continue paying crucial subsidies, known as cost-sharing reduction payments, that reimburse insurers for limiting out-of-pocket expenses for lower-income customers.

President Trump has threatened to cut off the funding on multiple occasions, and in May his administration asked for an additional three months to decide whether it would continue appealing a lawsuit brought by House Republicans aimed at stopping the payments, which are expected to be worth $7 billion this year. While the government delivered last month's payment, the administration won't commit to continuing them. The indecision has led panicked insurers to request large premium hikes and warn that they might have to leave the market entirely next year if the subsidies dry up. America's Health Insurance Plans, the major industry trade group, has called it "the single most destabilizing factor in the individual market."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2017/06/06/anthem_pulls_out_of_ohio_s_obamacare_exchanges_basically_blames_trump.html

So the present administration is basically trying to sabotage the health insurance exchanges for political reasons; screw the millions of Americans who rely on the exchanges for their health.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 15:09
    I pay taxes, yes, but I get a lot of bang for the bucks. That's why there are no really poor people here.
    A friend of mine had to pay like a lot of dollars for an appendix operation in NYC. This was not really planned...
    We don't have poor people either when compared to poor countries. The US has quite the welfare state.

Most poor people in the US have food, phones, housing, electricity, televisions, stereos and such. Most of their income comes from the government.

Funny how your Muslims riot due to lack of social mobility. Many of your young people head to Norway for jobs. Sweden is definitely heaven on earth.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 15:38
    Originally posted by Eladar
    We don't have poor people either when compared to poor countries. The US has quite the welfare state.

Most poor people in the US have food, phones, housing, electricity, televisions, stereos and such. Most of their income comes from the government.

Funny how your Muslims riot due to lack of social mobility. Many of your young people head to Norway for jobs. Sweden is definitely heaven on earth.
    It's true that there are very few poor people in Sweden.

This is quite different from saying Sweden is "heaven on Earth." They are close to being the society with the highest standard of living in the world, but that doesn't mean there are no things they could do much better.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 15:45
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It's true that there are very few poor people in Sweden.

This is quite different from saying Sweden is "heaven on Earth." They are close to being the society with the highest standard of living in the world, but that doesn't mean there are no things they could do much better.
    Watch this video from Michael Moore, "Where do we invade next' an eye opener on the heaven that is the USA.

https://www.dailymotion.com/a392687
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 16:182 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A few facts are necessary (as always when we are in a whodey thread):

1) Anthem is not pulling out of the exchanges altogether but only from the Ohio one. That still leaves it operating in 13 States;

2) This could be a problem in the 20 counties in Ohio where Anthem is the only insurer on the exchanges (though another company could pick up the slac ...[text shortened]... r political reasons; screw the millions of Americans who rely on the exchanges for their health.
    Was Trump the reason that United Health got out of the health insurance business as well in 2015?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/unitedhealth-cuts-guidance-evaluating-its-insurance-exchange-segment-1447933310

LOL.

Calling people liars while lying your arse off seems to be a pathological condition you suffer from.

As for the "stability" of government programs, there is none. Medicare, Social Security, and even the poor souls in the VA who are targeted secretly because they are too sick and expensive to treat for no treatment seems to be at the whim of bureaucrats that you seem to praise over all others. In fact, nothing is a guarantee, is it? They can steal and cheat and lie with impunity as Americans simply hand over all control of their health care and retirement and everything else to government.