08 Jan '21 06:341 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 06:36
    25% of Dutch people don't want the vaccination.

One has to despair, I think.
  3. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 06:45
    A former pharmacist in Grafton,WI USA sabotaged 57 vials of vaccine due to fear of the vaccine altering DNA
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 06:47
    @ketchuplover said
    A former pharmacist in Grafton,WI USA sabotaged 57 vials of vaccine due to fear of the vaccine altering DNA
    How on earth can someone so ignorant hold a pharmacist certification?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 07:342 edits
    There are more attitudes in play than just the traditional anti-vaxer mindset. It’s a spectrum of suspicion and/or nervousness ranging across a variety of drivers, e.g. suspicion of rigour and length of testing. Suspicion of big pharma, the money etc.

I know people well who are vehemently anti-vaccination, some are anti-pharmaceutical, one in particular won’t take any medication other than natural remedies, not even off the shelf pain relief. There is a range of fear incorporating deep conspiracy to general caution.

Edit: I’m a way down the priority list for the vaccination, but unless there are some obvious health issues arising with it this year, then I will be happy to have the vaccine. I do admit to being a little cynical about the speed of development and testing but not that that alone would stop me having it.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 08:54
    @kewpie said
    How on earth can someone so ignorant hold a pharmacist certification?
    Lol that is very scary isn’t it. But then these are the same pharmacies that have presided over and profited from the opioid crises in America.
    Perhaps he’s forgotten the golden rule of ‘if your pushing you can’t be using’.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 09:08
    @divegeester said
    There are more attitudes in play than just the traditional anti-vaxer mindset. It’s a spectrum of suspicion and/or nervousness ranging across a variety of drivers, e.g. suspicion of rigour and length of testing. Suspicion of big pharma, the money etc.

I know people well who are vehemently anti-vaccination, some are anti-pharmaceutical, one in particular won’t take any ...[text shortened]... cynical about the speed of development and testing but not that that alone would stop me having it.
    Yes, I've come across some of these attitudes. I know a lady who is still adamant the MMR vaccine caused her (now deceased sadly) oldest son his autism. Also a worry about being injected with egg instead of ingesting it (some vaccines are grown in egg). It seams to me to be a village issue, usually people with a bit of education who tend to talk to the same people and feel a bit outside of the wider country within their smaller community.

So many things people worry about.
    And then they eat packets of things when they have no idea the origins of the contents or take risks with drugs it amazes me, the inconsistency of it all. I point it out but I just get, "yea, I know".

I have had lots of vaccinations over my many years and taken all my children to get theirs. I'll be getting my Covid19 one too.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 09:261 edit
    @yo-its-me said
    Yes, I've come across some of these attitudes. I know a lady who is still adamant the MMR vaccine caused her (now deceased sadly) oldest son his autism. Also a worry about being injected with egg instead of ingesting it (some vaccines are grown in egg). It seams to me to be a village issue, usually people with a bit of education who tend to talk to the same people and feel ...[text shortened]... ions over my many years and taken all my children to get theirs. I'll be getting my Covid19 one too.
    That probably explains why I was asked if I was allergic to egg or chicken products when I got my last flu jag.
    Yes the inconsistency regarding what we worry about snd what we don’t is, well, worrying. 🤔
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 09:381 edit
    The CDC has identified 21 Americans that suffered life threatening reactions

do you focking blame people?? jeeeeezus. 😠
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 09:49
    @earl-of-trumps said
    The CDC has identified 21 Americans that suffered life threatening reactions

do you focking blame people?? jeeeeezus. 😠
    They have also identified millions of people who have suffered life ending reactions from not taking a vaccine. Crunch the numbers.
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 11:57
    @kevcvs57 said
    They have also identified millions of people who have suffered life ending reactions from not taking a vaccine. Crunch the numbers.
    They have not had two million people die of COVID19 worldwide

Crunching: The US has just BEGUN to issue vax. Wait a while.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 12:03
    @earl-of-trumps said
    They have not had two million people die of COVID19 worldwide

Crunching: The US has just BEGUN to issue vax. Wait a while.
    Well earl life ending ‘trumps’ life threatening if you’ll excuse the pun.
  13. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 12:401 edit
    @yo-its-me said
    Also a worry about being injected with egg instead of ingesting it (some vaccines are grown in egg). It seams to me to be a village issue, usually people with a bit of education who tend to talk to the same people and feel a bit outside of the wider country within their smaller community.
    When I was a child, doctors believed, on scant and (as it turned out) erroneous evidence, that I was allergic to egg white. Thus my parents were advised not to have me vaccinated against measles. So when I was six, I had measles instead and was horribly ill for three weeks.

My sister's mother-in-law is opposed to conventional medicine in general and swears by herbal remedies and yoga. So she didn't have her kids vaccinated against measles, and thus my brother-in-law contracted measles when he was in his early twenties and was very ill with it.

I was thus rather dismayed when my sister and brother-in-law spent weeks agonising over whether to have my niece vaccinated. Fortunately, they eventually made the right choice and my niece had the jabs.

Not exactly a village issue in our case...
  14. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 12:43
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'm saddened by all these stats, including 80% in China and 77% in Britain. I'd expect the anti-vaccine position to be as marginal as the flat-earth one.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 14:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree