Debates Forum

1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 04:24
    @eladar said
    @sonhouse
    Of course, but that would not make money for big pharm and its political partners.

Nobody vitamin D deficient and death rates would drop like a rock. Of course it has to do with vitamin D in the body, so simply supplementing in small doses after acquiring covid is not going to do squat.
    Over by Summer 2020, eh.

Such an expert on Covid! Me thinks I’ll follow your advise...

Nope. Dumb-arse.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 12:44
    @shavixmir
    Obviously you have nothing to add. You are just one of the typical people not interested in a discussion and changes the topic when proven wrong.

Pretty pathetic actually, but not uncommon around here.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 12:51
    @eladar said
    @shavixmir
    Obviously you have nothing to add. You are just one of the typical people not interested in a discussion and changes the topic when proven wrong.

Pretty pathetic actually, but not uncommon around here.
    Vitamin D helps.
    And vitamin C helps against all forms of cold.
    Both don’t help enough though.

So, tell us about your predictive powers. We are all ears!
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 05:24
    @duchess64 said
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/4/vaccine-hesitancy-rises-in-indonesia-amid-covid-19-pandemic

"Vaccine hesitancy rises in Indonesia amid COVID-19 pandemic
    Experts say questions about the potential use of pork products in vaccines may
    hamper COVID-19 vaccination campaign."

"Pork-derived gelatin is used as a stabiliser in some vaccines. But the consumption
    of ...[text shortened]... ese vaccine (of
    which Indonesia has bought three million doses) is halal and acceptable to Muslims.
    Predominantly Muslim Indonesia's proceeding with using a Chinese vaccine.

"Indonesia started vaccinating health workers and public servants for Covid-19 on Thursday,
    a day after President Joko Widodo received the first shot of China’s Sinovac Biotech vaccine.

The Health Ministry is planning to vaccinate more than 1.3 million health workers
    and 17.4 million public officials in the first stage.

Indonesia, the world’s fourth most populous country, plans to vaccinate two-thirds
    of its population of about 270 million people — or just over 180 million people."
    --The Guardian
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 10:161 edit
    @duchess64 said
    https://www.ipsos.com/en/global-attitudes-covid-19-vaccine-december-2020

Survey of 15 countries conducted 17-20 December 2020 on what percentage of
    adults wish to get vaccinated against Covid-19:

1) China 80%
    2) Brazil 78%
    3) UK 77%
    3) Mexico 77%
    5) Korea (South) 75%
    5) Australia 75%
    7) Canada 71%
    8) Germany 65%
    9) USA 64%
    10) Italy 62%
    10) Spain 62%
    12) Japan 60%
    13) South Africa 53%
    14) Russia 43%
    15) France 40%
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/16/india-begins-worlds-biggest-covid-vaccination-programme

"India begins world's biggest Covid vaccination programme"

The headline seems like common Western hyperbole about India.
    I expect that China will vaccinate more people than India.

"India has begun one of the world’s biggest Covid-19 vaccination programmes,
    the first major developing country to roll out the vaccine and marking the beginning
    of an effort to immunise more than 1.3 billion people."

So China's not considered a 'developing country' any more?

"...a domestically-formulated vaccine, Covaxin, developed by Indian pharmaceutical company Bharat Biotech.
    The approval of Bharat Biotech’s domestic vaccine, which was co-sponsored by an Indian
    government body, has proved controversial. Covaxin is still in phase 3 human trials
    and a full data-set on the vaccine’s efficacy has not been released or peer-reviewed"

Western journalists seem inclined to give that a pass, in contrast to how they
    would condemn Russian or, particularly, Chinese vaccines.

"The government faces another challenge of growing vaccine opposition in India.
    According to a survey of more than 8,000 people carried out by Local Circles,
    69% of Indians remain hesitant about taking the vaccine."

How is India's government going to vaccinate 1.3 billion people when 69% of them are unwilling?
    The most likely answer appears to be mass coercion or brute force.

India has a record of using brute force to impose mass sterilization.

From the BBC (which usually seems sympathetic toward India's government):
    "During the 1975 Emergency - when civil liberties were suspended - Sanjay Gandhi,
    son of the former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, began what was described by
    many as a "gruesome campaign" to sterilise poor men. There were reports of
    police cordoning off villages and virtually dragging the men to surgery.
    An astonishing 6.2 million Indian men were sterilised in just a year, which was
    "15 times the number of people sterilised by the Nazis", according to science
    journalist Mara Hvistendahl. Two thousand men died from botched operations."

"India carried out nearly 4 million sterilisations during 2013-2014, according to official figures.
    Less than 100,000 of these surgeries were done on men. More than 700 deaths
    were reported due to botched surgeries between 2009 and 2012."
  6. Subscriberdivegeester
    violent delights
    have violent ends
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 12:00
    Latest from the conspiracy camp close to me is that the tests done are showing a much higher rate of positives because of the higher speed and which they are spun (I’ve not looked into this so apologies for vagueness).

This person wanted to send me video on it from “they” who were propagating this story.

I asked “well if the number of positive tests is inflated then how come the uk hospitals are full to the brim with covid infected sick people?”

The reply was “I’m not talking about hospitals, just tests”

I just changed the subject. I find all this conspiracy bollox exhausting, especially when it’s people close to you.
  7. Subscriberdivegeester
    violent delights
    have violent ends
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 12:02
    @duchess64 said
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/16/india-begins-worlds-biggest-covid-vaccination-programme

"India begins world's biggest Covid vaccination programme"

The headline seems like common Western hyperbole about India.
    I expect that China will vaccinate more people than India.

"India has begun one of the world’s biggest Covid-19 vaccination programmes,
    the f ...[text shortened]... e done on men. More than 700 deaths
    Interesting thread and post.

I do suspect that in China if one says one doesn’t want the vaccine then one will be disenfranchised. Harshly.
  8. Subscriberdivegeester
    violent delights
    have violent ends
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 12:051 edit
    @shavixmir said
    Vitamin D helps.

So does mental well being I’m sure. We all recognise that a positive state of mind is conducive with a positive physical well being.

We need these vaccines to work because if too many people don’t have it and the virus gets the opportunity to mutate significantly...more lockdowns, more unemployment, more really long term generational economic damage.

Ugh.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 13:31
    @divegeester said
    Interesting thread and post.

I do suspect that in China if one says one doesn’t want the vaccine then one will be disenfranchised. Harshly.
    Note that when I pointed out facts (quoting the BBC, no less) about India, including
    its record of brutally coercing many people into sterilization, Divegeester completely
    ignores the subject of India and hastens to attack his cherished scapegoat, China.

"The government faces another challenge of growing vaccine opposition in India.
    According to a survey of more than 8,000 people carried out by Local Circles,
    69% of Indians remain hesitant about taking the vaccine."

How is India's government going to vaccinate 1.3 billion people when 69% of them are unwilling?
    The most likely answer appears to be mass coercion or brute force.

India has a record of using brute force to impose mass sterilization.

From the BBC (which usually seems sympathetic toward India's government):
    "During the 1975 Emergency - when civil liberties were suspended - Sanjay Gandhi,
    son of the former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, began what was described by
    many as a "gruesome campaign" to sterilise poor men. There were reports of
    police cordoning off villages and virtually dragging the men to surgery.
    An astonishing 6.2 million Indian men were sterilised in just a year, which was
    "15 times the number of people sterilised by the Nazis", according to science
    journalist Mara Hvistendahl. Two thousand men died from botched operations."

"India carried out nearly 4 million sterilisations during 2013-2014, according to official figures.
    Less than 100,000 of these surgeries were done on men. More than 700 deaths

In contrast, as I already have cited, 80% of Chinese have said that they want
    to get vaccinated, and I think that 80% is sufficient for 'herd immunity'.
    But no facts could ever stop the torrent of racist Sinophobia here.
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 14:501 edit
    @teinosuke said
    I'm saddened by all these stats, including 80% in China and 77% in Britain. I'd expect the anti-vaccine position to be as marginal as the flat-earth one.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/16/covid-vaccine-black-people-unlikely-covid-jab-uk

"Covid vaccine: 72% of black people unlikely to have jab, UK survey finds"

"Advisers from the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) have raised
    fresh concerns over Covid vaccine uptake among black, Asian and minority ethnic
    communities (BAME) as research showed up to 72% of black people said they
    were unlikely to have the jab.

Historical issues of unethical healthcare research, and structural and institutional
    racism and discrimination, are key reasons for lower levels of trust in the vaccination
    programme, a report from Sage said."

"Women, younger people and those with lower levels of education were less willing,
    but hesitancy was particularly high among people from black groups, where 72%
    said they were unlikely or very unlikely to be vaccinated. Among Pakistani and
    Bangladeshi groups this figure was 42%. Eastern European groups were also less willing."
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 17:41
    @shavixmir said
    Vitamin D helps.

As long as you ignore the study I have provided, you can continue to make comments out of ignorance, as if your ignorance had and valid point.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 15:14
    Is the mRNA vaccine a vaccine at all?

https://thefreedomarticles.com/not-a-vaccine-mrna-covid-vaccine-chemical-pathogen-device/
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 15:21
    @eladar said
    As long as you ignore the study I have provided, you can continue to make comments out of ignorance, as if your ignorance had and valid point.
    Yes. Over by Summer 2020, eh?
    Just another flu, eh?

Moron.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 15:27
    @divegeester said
    Latest from the conspiracy camp close to me is that the tests done are showing a much higher rate of positives because of the higher speed and which they are spun (I’ve not looked into this so apologies for vagueness).

This person wanted to send me video on it from “they” who were propagating this story.

I asked “well if the number of positive tests is inflated th ...[text shortened]... the subject. I find all this conspiracy bollox exhausting, especially when it’s people close to you.
    The conspiracy nuts have truly vacated the woodwork.

I have colleagues (I can’t believe it) who, on facebook, post that corona doesn’t even exist. That it’s a method employed by the government to take away their rights. And that wearing masks equals gestapo-like practises of oppression.

When they get pointed out that hospitals are full, etc. they claim “fake news”.
    These people have collegues who work in the bloody hospitals. It truly is unbelievable.

To make matters worse, these are the same people who want everyone in the Netherlands to speak Dutch. But they say “fake news” all the same...

Makes you want to lash out. Seriously. Moronity on a terrible level.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 16:05
    mRNA tricks your cells into introducing bits of genetic code called mRNAs into a special class of immune cells, much like a virus does. In a way it is a virus. This is not a conspiracy theory.

https://scopeblog.stanford.edu/2018/09/25/smuggling-rna-into-cells-can-activate-the-immune-system-to-fight-cancer/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-technolog-idUSKBN27W2PJ

Viruses have been used to cure certain types of cancer. This is the basis of mRNA technology.