1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 16:13
    The letters mRNA mean "messenger ribonucleic acid," which plays an important role in our bodies' life processes. It can also be described as a "working copy" or our DNA and contains the information or "recipe" that our cells need to make proteins.

The idea behind using mRNA to make drugs is based on providing the body with a synthetically-manufactured working copy of DNA, so that it can go on to make vital proteins that the body lacks, when and where this lack is causing disease.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-mrna-drug-therapy-body-cancer.html
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 17:02
    @metal-brain said
    medicalxpress
    Keep that for the "science" forum, mate. It won't fly here.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 17:06
    @shavixmir said
    I have colleagues (I can’t believe it) who, on facebook, post that corona doesn’t even exist. That it’s a method employed by the government to take away their rights. And that wearing masks equals gestapo-like practises of oppression.

When they get pointed out that hospitals are full, etc. they claim “fake news”.
    These people have collegues who work in the bloody hospi ...[text shortened]... people who want everyone in the Netherlands to speak Dutch. But they say “fake news” all the same...
    Yeah, I know precisely who you mean. I have one as well. Local member of the FVD. Complete raving racist nutcase. Might as well have been duchie or joe. I really don't know what will happen this spring.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 17:43
    @shallow-blue said
    Keep that for the "science" forum, mate. It won't fly here.
    In other words, you have nothing.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 18:15
    If you're offered the vaccine, take the vaccine.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 21:012 edits
    @shavixmir said
    Yes. Over by Summer 2020, eh?
    Just another flu, eh?

Moron.
    I said it would go away during the summer, not over in the summer.

Are you really that incompetent that you cannot actually communicate what I said. I always said it would come back in the fall. What do you know, the big numbers came back in the fall.

Covid is not the problem, the problem is that people are not taking the steps necessary to stay healthy and Covid is making it known. In any case, the total deaths is no where near the Spanish Flu or other major diseases like the black plague.

And if so many people were not vitamin D deficient, the death rate for this thing would be cut in at least half.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 21:40
    @eladar said
    And it hasn't done either.

Good bye.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 21:49
    @shallow-blue said
    And it hasn't done either.

Good bye.
    Yes it did. In the US and Europe the summer was a very low Covid time.

When fall hit, so did Covid.

In any case, get people vitamin D and Covid is next to nothing.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 04:30
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-15/norway-warns-of-vaccination-risks-for-sick-patients-over-80
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 04:34
    @shallow-blue said
    Yeah, I know precisely who you mean. I have one as well. Local member of the FVD. Complete raving racist nutcase. Might as well have been duchie or joe. I really don't know what will happen this spring.
    I noticed that as well! That these Dutch anti-vaxers, with pro-trump tendencies, who actually believe that Qanon malarkey are FvD supporters / members.

WTF is going on?
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 04:36
    @eladar said

Are you really that incompetent that you cannot actually communicate what I said. I always said it would come back in the fall. What do you know, the big numbers came back in the fall.

Covid is not the problem, the problem is that people are not taking the steps necessary to stay healthy and Covid is ma ...[text shortened]... ny people were not vitamin D deficient, the death rate for this thing would be cut in at least half.
    Common flu.
    Over by Summer.

Don’t change history my reality-disowning pal.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 13:291 edit
    @shavixmir said
    Common flu.
    Over by Summer.

Don’t change history my reality-disowning pal.
    Wear a mask, stay indoors. Slow the spread so the virus will hang around longer, stay inside so that you do not get vitamin D.

Look at Africa where they do not follow US or European policies. They go outside. Why is it that Africa is doing so well with covid and the US and Europe is not?

Sunlight

But hey, keep changing the subject and pretend that you have a point, Mr you do not get vitamin D from sunlight.
  13. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 13:43
  14. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 22:00
    @eladar said
    Wear a mask, stay indoors. Slow the spread so the virus will hang around longer, stay inside so that you do not get vitamin D.

Look at Africa where they do not follow US or European policies. They go outside. Why is it that Africa is doing so well with covid and the US and Europe is not?

Sunlight

But hey, keep changing the subject and pretend that you have a point, Mr you do not get vitamin D from sunlight.
    When is anything so simple?
    Africa has a younger population (80% are under 40), less of the population are obese and the BCG likely gives some protection. Vit D might help too, but I think you'll find a lot of Europeans suppliment this already.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 23:212 edits
    @shavixmir said
    The conspiracy nuts have truly vacated the woodwork.

I have colleagues (I can’t believe it) who, on facebook, post that corona doesn’t even exist. That it’s a method employed by the government to take away their rights. And that wearing masks equals gestapo-like practises of oppression.

When they get pointed out that hospitals are full, etc. they claim “fake news”.
    ...[text shortened]... “fake news” all the same...

Makes you want to lash out. Seriously. Moronity on a terrible level.
    Enough time has passed since the eradication of polio and smallpox that our society has been lulled into a false sense of security on these matters. Many are hesitant to entertain the notion that we are that vulnerable to invisible molecules and so they resort to conspiracy theories. In reality, our history suggests viruses have always been very good at this. Past plagues and outbreaks have killed enormous numbers of people, in some cases half the worlds population in one go (although not a virus, Bubonic plague killed 200 million people in the mid 1500s). Up to 20% of your DNA is derived from viruses. Some of them have extremely deceptive ways of infecting, persisting and spreading. Lots of people don't know that a poliovirus infection was asymptomatic in the vast majority of people who contracted it. Only a small fraction of cases (0.5 percent) developed the muscle weakness/paralytic symptoms and only a fraction of those patients died from it. Still, it ravaged humankind for hundreds of years. It was not a hoax.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree