Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 13:412 edits
    I've come to the conclusion that those who do not want to secure the border are nothing more than colluders with drug lords abroad.

That's right, collusion, and the GOP is involved. After all, they had two long years to build and did nothing.

I know in Mexico, if you are a politician or in law enforcement, if you rub drug lords the wrong way you die. I often wonder if politicians in the US have the same fear, or if their pockets are merely greased to help feed the drug habit of about 200 people over dosing in the US every day.

Naturally, those who oppose the wall continue to claim those that do are racist, when in reality, the wall is not about immigration policy. No, the wall makes immigration policy relevant, otherwise you can make all the immigration laws you want but there will be no way to enforce them.

Until the wall is built, the US has no country.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 13:44
    Or.....the GOP's afraid to spend 20 billion on a lie they use for fear mongering?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 13:572 edits
    @vivify said
    Or.....the GOP's afraid to spend 20 billion on a lie they use for fear mongering?
    You are a fellow colluder and part of the reason about 200 people die in the US everyday.

Their blood is on your hands.

But I guess being an abortion advocate, you came to terms with this long ago.
  4. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 14:05
    It must be very gratifying to "whodey" that members continue responding to the idiotic threads he initiates.
  5. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 15:061 edit
    @whodey said
    I've come to the conclusion that those who do not want to secure the border are nothing more than colluders with drug lords abroad.

That's right, collusion, and the GOP is involved. After all, they had two long years to build and did nothing.

I know in Mexico, if you are a politician or in law enforcement, if you rub drug lords the wrong way you die. I often wonder ...[text shortened]... ou want but there will be no way to enforce them.

Earth to Whodey! Earth to Whodey! America doesn't just "go out and build a wall" This would be a massive undertaking, and since MEXICO ISN'T PAYING FOR IT (are you listening??!!) you and the rest of the taxpayers will have to, since your little tin GOD Donald Trump just cut taxes, there is no revenue for this. You can also add the cost of litigation of all the Eminent Domain legal challenges from the landowners that will happen if this is attempted. Do you want to start paying for those too?? What other brilliant conclusions have you come up with??

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man, anything that can be built by man, can be destroyed by him" - General George Patton
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 15:111 edit
    @mchill said
    've come to the conclusion that those who do not want to secure the border are nothing more than colluders with drug lords abroad.

Earth to Whodey! Earth to Whodey! America doesn't just "go out and build a wall" This would be a massive undertaking, and si ...[text shortened]... Donald Trump just cut taxes, there is no revenue for this. My Lord - How dense are you??
    🙄 🙄 🙄
    Since when does the government need to raise revenue to spend money?

Funny how they ALWAYS find the money to go to war or sanctuary cities, or continue massive entitlement programs, etc.

But when it comes to the wall, we all of a sudden have to worry about spending?

Really?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 16:31
    @whodey said

I know in Mexico, if you are a politician or in law enforcement, if you rub drug lords the wrong way you die. I often wonder ...[text shortened]... ou want but there will be no way to enforce them.

I just figured it out. You are actually either Rush Limberger or Alex Jones. Which one are you?
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 17:20
    @whodey said

US has no country ??
    From where I am sitting, US is a country.
    And doing pretty good historically.

Or maybe you mean your idea of a country ?
    What's the matter ?
    Too many immigrants ? No. Can't be that !
    After all, you are descendant from immigrants.

So, what ails you ?
    Don't like the fabric of your country ?
    Too many brown people ?
    World becoming too much of a global community ?
    America bringing in too many liberal minded immigrants.

Or do invasions frighten you.
    Perhaps what scares you the most is the "shock and awe" of a bunch of people in a caravan walking to the US border.
    Because the Mexican government would give them a bunch of used buses.

I think what frightens you the most is that the fabric, the demographic fabric, of the nation is changing.

If it's crime you're worried about, then ....
    Clean up Chicago. American citizens are killing each at a pace the rest of the world just can't fathom.
    Do something about your gun culture. Instead of appeasing of your Davey Crocketts with the Republic fantasies.

Get used to migration. It's happening !!
    North America has 17% of world's land area and 8% of it's population.
    And 60% of world is Asian, get ready for some changes to your country.
    And if your country is smart, it will combat illegal immigration by smartening up on legal immigration with a good sound policy.

So far, I have seen no signs of those smarts from your current administration.

Reality check, your president and the Steve Bannons out there are on the wrong side of history.

If you're just worried about threats to your country, then spend more time thinking about Russian interference in America's democratic processes.
    Or China's persistent cyber warfare against the rest of the world.

Spend less time whining about a bunch of Honduran peasants trudging through Mexico. Because their skin color is different.

Of course, your own motives for your stance of a walled America are pretty obvious to many reading this forum.

You have a country.
    Just not your idea of a country.
    Too bad !!
  9. Germany
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 17:33
    @whodey said

How do you imagine the wall helping against people overdosing in the U.S.?
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 17:451 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    How do you imagine the wall helping against people overdosing in the U.S.?
    Most of that stuff is coming from China.

But we should listen to the Trumpskulls.
    The Hondurans are coming !!
    The Hondurans are coming !! 😆
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 19:06
    @whodey said
    I've come to the conclusion that
    Good start but degenerated rapidly.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 19:15
    @mghrn55 said
    Most of that stuff is coming from China.

But we should listen to the Trumpskulls.
    The Hondurans are coming !!
    The Hondurans are coming !! 😆
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opioid_epidemic

The opioid epidemic is driven mainly by a sharp increase in the abuse of prescription drugs combined with an increase in the use of heroin.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 19:32
    hehe people keep putting in effort to argue with whodey and i find that hilarious
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 19:59
    @wolfgang59 said
    Good start but degenerated rapidly.
    Astute observation !!
    Coming to a conclusion requires a thought process.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 21:33
    @whodey said
    You are a fellow colluder and part of the reason about 200 people die in the US everyday.

Their blood is on your hands.

But I guess being an abortion advocate, you came to terms with this long ago.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/us/drug-tunnel-arizona-mexico-trnd/index.html

In the link, drug dealers dug an underground tunnel from Mexico to the US beneath the border. Tell me: how would a wall have stopped the underground tunnel?

That's just one of a myriad of reasons why wasting 20 billion on a wall is stupid, including the fact that most illegal immigrants enter through the legal border checkpoints.