Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 11:23
    the violent arm of the left...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/8/antifa-targets-tucker-carlson-hit-list-expands-con/
  2. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:46
    It is interesting to note that it is the Proud Boys who are completely banned from Facebook and have had their social media presence diminished in other places but Antifa persists.

Indeed, the very page responsible for organizing the gathering at Tucker Carlson's home is still present on social media.

There are some pretty severe double standards out there.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 05:57
    @mott-the-hoople said

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/8/antifa-targets-tucker-carlson-hit-list-expands-con/
    It's a shocking development when journalists are threatened.
    I'm sure 99% of "the Left" as you like to call them condemn this.

Do you have any particular point to make?

Perhaps we should debate how the POTUS
    could de-escalate the rising political violence in US?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 07:40
    @philokalia said
    It is interesting to note that it is the Proud Boys who are completely banned from Facebook and have had their social media presence diminished in other places but Antifa persists.

Indeed, the very page responsible for organizing the gathering at Tucker Carlson's home is still present on social media.

Did you hear about this on Fox News?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 07:42
    @mott-the-hoople said

Do you actually like being afraid?

You suck up all of Fox News' fear like you're addicted to it.

Imagine that.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 08:40
    Yeah, let’s blame anti-fascists..
    They’re so much worse than fascists...
  7. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 11:29
    @shavixmir said
    Yeah, let’s blame anti-fascists..
    They’re so much worse than fascists...
    In ideology, they are similar, aren't they?

In volume of attacks and actual influence upon society, Antifa beats out the "fascists" by leaps and bounds.

Indeed, you can say that the Fascists do not even register in the equation.

How can Fascists be viewed as oppressors or as people violating the rights of others? They possess zero institutional power and are literally being rounded up or monitored into the ground by authorities.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 11:35
    @philokalia said

PayPal has shut down several accounts, including those for far-right group the Proud Boys and their founder, Gavin McInnes, for the promotion of “hate, violence, or other forms of intolerance.” Several anti-fascist groups were also banned as part of the same wave of policy enforcement.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/11/09/paypal-shuts-down-accounts-for-proud-boys-and-founder-mcinnes-as-well-as-antifa-groups/
  9. Germany
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 11:38
    @philokalia said

In volume of attacks and actual influence upon society, Antifa beats out the "fascists" by leaps and bounds.

How can Fascists be viewed as oppressors or as people violating the rights of others? They possess zero institutional power and are literally being rounded up or monitored into the ground by authorities.

No, they aren't.

No, they don't.

No, you can't.

How can Fascists be viewed as oppressors or as people violating the rights of others? They possess zero institutional power [...]

No, they don't.

[...] and are literally being rounded up or monitored into the ground by authorities.

No, most of them aren't.
  10. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 12:02
    Kazet, I'd love to discuss these sorts of issues with you but you haven't actually provided content but mere single sentence disagreements.

That comes off as transparently inadequate before everyone and thus I think you're... showing some kind of obvious contempt for my post? But I am not sure.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 12:47
    @wolfgang59 said
    It's a shocking development when journalists are threatened.
    I'm sure 99% of "the Left" as you like to call them condemn this.

Do you have any particular point to make?

Perhaps we should debate how the POTUS
    could de-escalate the rising political violence in US?
    Surrender to Antifa?
  12. Germany
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 12:55
    @philokalia said
    Kazet, I'd love to discuss these sorts of issues with you but you haven't actually provided content but mere single sentence disagreements.

That comes off as transparently inadequate before everyone and thus I think you're... showing some kind of obvious contempt for my post? But I am not sure.
    Try backing up statements with some kind of evidence, and you might get a more substantial response.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 18:32
    @kazetnagorra said
    Try backing up statements with some kind of evidence, and you might get a more substantial response.
    "Try backing up statements with some kind of evidence"

LOL...are you for real? why would he "back up" your statements? ah the lunacy of the left.
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 19:121 edit
    @philokalia said

Antifa isn’t picking fights in my hood but the Proud Boys are

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-proud-boys-bar-20180717-story.html
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 19:41
    @philokalia said

Actually it's not even close: https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

Snippet:

Marilyn Mayo, senior research fellow for the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, said that statistics show that radical leftists have been dramatically less likely to kill people than their counterparts on the opposite side of the political spectrum. Over the past decade, extremists of every stripe have killed 372 Americans. 74 percent of those killings were committed by right wing extremists. Only 2 percent of those deaths were at the hands of left wing extremists. Mayo told us:

I don’t want to give moral equivalence to the two sides because one side is fighting against white supremacy. On the Antifa side, they’ve never murdered anyone but there have been many murders done by white supremacists, so we have to be concerned about that movement.