Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    11 Nov '12 02:11
    ...in response to Obamacare. As predicted: reduced hours, and now the people who can least afford it are hurt twice. Less money in their paychecks and a mandatory health insurance bill. Way to go.

http://www.examiner.com/article/applebee-s-papa-john-s-darden-restaurants-threathen-employees-over-obamacare

And Libs light up the twitterverse with malicious attacks. Again, demonstrating they have no idea how the world really works.

This is why you accomplish major legislation in a bipartisan manner, fools. Because when you don't, when you're in love with your reflection, and haughty, and arrogant, you wind up hurting the very people you thought you were helping.
  2. 11 Nov '12 02:25 / 1 edit
    Hey sasquach,

For more years of THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Barrack Hussein Obama.

Woohoo!

Man... FOUR YEARS is a long time.
  3. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    11 Nov '12 02:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Hey sasquach,

For more years of THE PRESENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Barrack Hussein Obama.

Woohoo!

The "PRESENT".

You have to understand something. My life is going to get better, no matter what Obama and his plutocrats do. It's better today than it was four years ago, it was better four years ago than it was eight years ago, and it's going to be better in four years than it is today. My wife and I both know how to make sure of that. So you thinking you're rubbing my nose in it - that's what you can think, but the effect isn't there.

If I may make a suggestion, why don't you invest your energy in a more productive manner, or show some genuine, heartfelt concern for the middle class folks that are going to be affected - some disastrously - by Obama's policies.
  4. 11 Nov '12 02:35
    "no matter what Obama and his plutocrats"? I think you mean Romney.
  5. 11 Nov '12 02:44
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    The "PRESENT".

You have to understand something. My life is going to get better, no matter what Obama and his plutocrats do. So you thinking you're rubbing my nose in it - that's what you can think, but the effect isn't there.

If I may make a suggestion, why don't you invest your energy in a more productive manner, or show some genuine, heartf ...[text shortened]... ddle class folks that are going to be affected - some disastrously - by Obama's policies.
    Thanks for pointing out the typo. Of course your life will be better. The country as a whole will be better.

By the way, did I mention Willard Romney lost?
  6. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    11 Nov '12 02:53
    Thanks for pointing out the typo. Of course your life will be better. The country as a whole will be better.

By the way, did I mention Willard Romney lost?
    You did. You failed to mention, however, the hundreds of thousands of your ideological brethren - middle-class Democrats - who are going to suffer under Obama.
  7. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    11 Nov '12 02:55
    ...in response to Obamacare. As predicted: reduced hours, and now the people who can least afford it are hurt twice. Less money in their paychecks and a mandatory health insurance bill. Way to go..
    Same thing happened in Australia in advance of the carbon tax we now have. The right scaremongered the end of life as we know it. ALL BS.

I am very sure when you look at the books of those companies over the past 8 years you will see a decline in their business and that they're using Obamacare as a scapegoat for their losses, that probably have more to do with a downturn in their sector than anything else.
  8. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    11 Nov '12 03:04
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Same thing happened in Australia in advance of the carbon tax we now have. The right scaremongered the end of life as we know it. ALL BS.

I am very sure when you look at the books of those companies over the past 8 years you will see a decline in their business and that they're using Obamacare as a scapegoat for their losses, that probably have more to do with a downturn in their sector than anything else.
    Anything to back that up? G'day, by the way...
  9. Standard member Soothfast
    11 Nov '12 03:19 / 1 edit
    ...in response to Obamacare. As predicted: reduced hours, and now the people who can least afford it are hurt twice. Less money in their paychecks and a mandatory health insurance bill. Way to go.

http://www.examiner.com/article/applebee-s-papa-john-s-darden-restaurants-threathen-employees-over-obamacare

And Libs light up the twitterverse with , and haughty, and arrogant, you wind up hurting the very people you thought you were helping.
    Yes, adjustments will have to be made by businesses to accommodate the Affordable Care Act. We get it. As for your interpretation of events, they are beyond absurd, even if we take the reporting of the events at face value.

But what you've given us is another right-wing rag. It does have some amusing articles in it, though (along with lots of Bible references):

http://www.examiner.com/article/mitt-romney-52-percent-342-electoral-votes-projected-at-unskewedpolls-com?CID=obnetwork

EDIT: I love the post-election article showing Romney winning Florida:

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-obama-has-won-the-election?CID=obinsite
  10. 11 Nov '12 03:24
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Yes, adjustments will have to be made by businesses to accommodate the Affordable Care Act. We get it. As for your interpretation of events, they are beyond absurd, even if we take the reporting of the events at face value.

But what you've given us is another right-wing rag. It does have some amusing articles in it, though (along with lots of Bible r ...[text shortened]... article/mitt-romney-52-percent-342-electoral-votes-projected-at-unskewedpolls-com?CID=obnetwork
    In the case of Papa Johns, they would have to raise prices on their Pizza by 10 to 14 cents according to their CEO. I would gladly pay that so their employees can have healthcare.

Also, this guy was also a Romney supporter and fundraiser.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/john-schnatter-papa-johns-ceo-obamacare-likely-to-raise-costs-employees-hours-being-cut

Romney wasn't going to repeal Obamacare. It's not within the powers of the Executive Branch to do so. IF he fires employees it would be for no other reason than to make a political statement. Given the fact that he's a Republican, that wouldn't surprise me.
  11. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    11 Nov '12 03:29
    Anything to back that up? G'day, by the way...
    Common sense!? You guys are riding a recession and food outlets are not going to do that well. As the economy keeps on picking up, and it has been steadily improving, those businesses will all bounce back. They will also bounce back if the middle class making less than 250k are given a tax cut, because that will put more money in the hands of those most likely to use the services provided by the companies you mention..... Howyagoinmate??
  12. Standard member Soothfast
    11 Nov '12 03:37
    In the case of Papa Johns, they would have to raise prices on their Pizza by 10 to 14 cents according to their CEO. I would gladly pay that so their employees can have healthcare.

Also, this guy was also a Romney supporter and fundraiser.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/john-schnatter-papa-johns-ceo-obamacare-likely-to-raise-costs ...[text shortened]... ake a political statement. Given the fact that he's a Republican, that wouldn't surprise me.
    The House might have passed a repeal, but it would never have even made it to Romney's desk because Harry Reid's Senate would reject it. So yes, it's all moot.

And yes, to pay an extra nickel and dime for a pizza is a small price for human dignity and security. It should just be understood that any expenses the PPACA might cost small businesses that are not offset by tax credits would just be passed onto customers. Simple economics. But it's got Sasquatch doing backflips and cartwheels almost 24/7, which is kinda funny...
  13. Standard member Soothfast
    11 Nov '12 03:44
    Hey sasquach,

For more years of THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Barrack Hussein Obama.

Woohoo!

Don't remind him of the 8 years of Hillary that come after.

Oops, did I say that out loud?
  14. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    11 Nov '12 05:42 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Don't remind him of the 8 years of Hillary that come after.

Oops, did I say that out loud?
    Except for the little fact that she will only be 3 years younger than McCain was in 2008. I can't see it happening.

Since 1901 and Teddy Rooseveldt the past 18 presidents had an average inaugural age of 54.2.
    The past 10 presidents since Kennedy in 1961 had an average inaugural age of 54.7

The past 5 presidents which included Reagan and George H at 69 and 64 respectively had an average inaugural age of 56.

The past 3 presidents, Bill, George and Barack, all noted charismatic charmers have an average inaugural age of 49.

The last president to be elected at 69 was Reagan, a noted charismatic figure.

While I would welcome another 8 years of Democrat run America after Obama, the election of one Hilary Clinton would be so against trend as to be highly unlikely. That even without giving weight to the seemingly insurmountable problem of the American psyche getting their collective heads around being comfortable with a female Chief of the Executive.

edit: and I know you're only stirring the squatch.....but
  15. 11 Nov '12 06:11

And Libs light up the twitterverse with ...[text shortened]... , and haughty, and arrogant, you wind up hurting the very people you thought you were helping.
    It'll work itself out, particularly as the plan will have a stimulative effect which kicks in next year and these companies will hire again once they've metabolized the costs. In 10 years, the Republicans will be scrambling to take credit for Obamacare.