Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    24 Jan '12 12:47
    Because I'm bored and youtube has all of the debates in full, suck it SOPA, the question is how can Newt consistently rail against Washington and New York elites, when he by his career surely is the very definition of a Washington elite?

How does he do it and how does he get away with it?
  2. 24 Jan '12 13:00
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Because I'm bored and youtube has all of the debates in full, suck it SOPA, the question is how can Newt consistently rail against Washington and New York elites, when he by his career surely is the very definition of a Washington elite?

Because most Republicans are incapable of judging character.
  3. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    24 Jan '12 13:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Because most Republicans are incapable of judging character.
    You mean, as long as you can feed their fear and loathing of the less fortunate and can make them feel good about being openly selfish again, they won't bother reading the 'PDS'?
  4. 24 Jan '12 13:57
    Smoke, mirrors, lobbyists....I'd rather trust a blind man to lead me across the street at night if I could not see...
  5. Standard member Soothfast
    24 Jan '12 22:36

Propaganda greases the gears of lies great and small.
  6. 24 Jan '12 22:51 / 2 edits

Er.....um.....I don't support Newt. In fact, I don't know of anyone here that does. Last time I checked there were about 1000 dead people or so who were voting for him in SC.
  7. 25 Jan '12 00:36
    A liberal is a conservative who was indicted. A conservative is a liberal who was mugged.
  8. 25 Jan '12 00:44 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by badmoon
    A liberal is a conservative who was indicted. A conservative is a liberal who was mugged.
    Newt Gingrich is a self described big government kind of guy. He praises the likes of big government democrat presidents from the past like FDR and Wilson. In fact, he calls FDR the greatest president in the 20th century. To top it all off, he made over a million dollars from the Freddie Mac debacle and was in bed with the global warming crowd.

In fact, I'm not really sure why he is labeled a conservative at all. Do you know? The reason certainly has nothing to do with his sex life.
  9. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    25 Jan '12 12:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    In fact, I'm not really sure why he is labeled a conservative at all. Do you know? The reason certainly has nothing to do with his sex life.
    ...I think his screw it till its useless philosophy, has many conservative fans...
  10. 25 Jan '12 17:04
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Actually, it plays into an old saying that a liberal student is a conservative student who has been beaten by police at a demonstration.

But really, a liberal is merely a conservative who has woken up.
  11. 25 Jan '12 17:05
    According to this article, the liberal activists would love to run against Newt, but they're not very hopeful that it will actually happen.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/progressives-divided-about-how-stoked-to-be-about-newts-rise.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Maybe Florida will cheer them up.
  12. 26 Jan '12 03:50
    Newt Gingrich is a self described big government kind of guy. He praises the likes of big government democrat presidents from the past like FDR and Wilson. In fact, he calls FDR the greatest president in the 20th century. To top it all off, he made over a million dollars from the Freddie Mac debacle and was in bed with the global warming crowd.

In fact, ...[text shortened]... a conservative at all. Do you know? The reason certainly has nothing to do with his sex life.
    Newt is a racist and last I checked that was the number requirement for membership in the Southern Republican Party and like it or not Tommy Joad they are the 'deciders' in that Party. Don't think Florida doesn't have plenty of them. They are up and down both coasts in that state.
  13. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    26 Jan '12 04:07
    In fact, he calls FDR the greatest president in the 20th century.
    I'd like to see a source for this claim, please.

Because considering how many times he has said "Ronald Reagan" in the past 25 days alone--let alone the past 25 weeks--I think your claim is bogus.
  14. 26 Jan '12 05:23
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Newt is a racist and last I checked that was the number requirement for membership in the Southern Republican Party and like it or not Tommy Joad they are the 'deciders' in that Party. Don't think Florida doesn't have plenty of them. They are up and down both coasts in that state.
    Newt is a racist ?! Your ignorance is astounding !
    Please inform the forum as to why "Newt is a racist".
    I am up for a good laugh.
  15. 26 Jan '12 05:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I'd like to see a source for this claim, please.

Because considering how many times he has said "Ronald Reagan" in the past 25 days alone--let alone the past 25 weeks--I think your claim is bogus.
    Actually, its not a bogus claim.

Check this out,

http://werocknetwork.com/Default.aspx?id=176