Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 30 Jun '17 16:12 / 2 edits
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/quit-alcohol-donald-trump-impeached_us_59535b2ee4b05c37bb7a778b

In the article, from the Huffington Post of all places, we see that about 73/3% of Dims would give up alcohol in order to impeach Trump.

This is not all that surprising. However, what is surprising is the rest of the questioning. They then shift to men verse women instead of political leanings for the questions, presumably because it would have made Dims look even worse.

About 23.4% of men and 17.1% of women would give up alcohol to stop global warming. Now it is understandable that conservatives would not care that much because many don't believe the hype, but what does this say about DIms?

About 35.1% of men and only 19.3% of women would give up alcohol if it meant providing 10 children in a 3rd world country clean drinking water.

About 36% of men and 25.8% of women would give up alcohol if it meant saving the life of a complete stranger.

And only 7.6% of men and 5.6% of women would give up alcohol if it meant curing cancer!

Wow. So instead of just making Dims look bad the Huffington Post has also made women look worse in comparison to men.

Well done Dims
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    30 Jun '17 16:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/quit-alcohol-donald-trump-impeached_us_59535b2ee4b05c37bb7a778b

In the article, from the Huffington Post of all places, we see that about 73/3% of Dims would give up alcohol in order to impeach Trump.

This is not all that surprising. However, what is surprising is the rest of the questioning. They then shift to men ...[text shortened]... k bad the Huffington Post has also made women look worse in comparison to men.

Well done Dims
    I'd give up alcohol to impeach Trump too, and I'm a Republican.

(In all honesty, I'm also not much of a drinker.)
  3. 30 Jun '17 16:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    I'd give up alcohol to impeach Trump too, and I'm a Republican.

(In all honesty, I'm also not much of a drinker.)
    To have what exactly? Hillary?

Speaking of cancers, would you give up alcohol to cure cancer sh? I'm sure you would as would I.

What is wrong with people?
  4. 30 Jun '17 16:26

This is not all that surprising. However, what is surprising is the rest of the questioning. They then shift to men ...[text shortened]... k bad the Huffington Post has also made women look worse in comparison to men.

Well done Dims
    Despite the poll, I can't imagine that people would rather impeach Trump than cure cancer.
  5. 30 Jun '17 16:33
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Despite the poll, I can't imagine that people would rather impeach Trump than cure cancer.
    The Huffington Post if fake news?
  6. 30 Jun '17 16:36
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I bet you can imagine that whodey lied about the contents of the article, which - surprise, surprise - is exactly what he did.

According to the article, 7.6% of men and 5.6% of women polled say they would not quit drinking even if it meant finding a cure for cancer.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    30 Jun '17 16:58
    To have what exactly? Hillary?

Speaking of cancers, would you give up alcohol to cure cancer sh? I'm sure you would as would I.

What is wrong with people?
    Ideally, I'd like Kasich, but I'll settle for Pence. Either would be far preferable to Trump.
  8. 30 Jun '17 17:12
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I bet you can imagine that whodey lied about the contents of the article, which - surprise, surprise - is exactly what he did.

According to the article, 7.6% of men and 5.6% of women polled say they would [b]not
    quit drinking even if it meant finding a cure for cancer.[/b]
    As if that is somehow different?

Why such hate KN?
  9. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    30 Jun '17 17:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Ideally, I'd like Kasich, but I'll settle for Pence. Either would be far preferable to Trump.
    I don't think the Dems would impeach Trump unless they could be sure of taking Pence down too. They'd just end up with the same fight against a less flawed opponent.
  10. 30 Jun '17 17:15
    As if that is somehow different?

Why such hate KN?
    Yes, 7.6% is quite different from 92.4%, whodey.

I don't "hate" you, I'm just calling you out on your lies.
  11. 30 Jun '17 17:17
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I don't think the Dems would impeach Trump unless they could be sure of taking Pence down too. They'd just end up with the same fight against a less flawed opponent.
    Impeaching Trump would be bad for the Democrats' agenda, as Pence will probably be more effective in effecting the GOP's agenda. But it would be a win, politically, and set them up for big wins in 2020. Knowing politicians, the latter will probably weigh more heavily than the former.
  12. 30 Jun '17 17:30
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes, 7.6% is quite different from 92.4%, whodey.

I don't "hate" you, I'm just calling you out on your lies.
    I miss read it, it was not a lie.

Why the hate?

7.6% is still astounding to me, how about you?
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    30 Jun '17 17:43 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I don't think it's about policy with Trump. They hate him viscerally (not without reason). I think they'd try to take him out no matter what the consequences if they could. Sort of like the right with Hillary.
  14. Standard member shavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    30 Jun '17 17:50

Well done Dims
    Have you read Trump's latest tweets?
  15. 30 Jun '17 18:08
    I miss read it, it was not a lie.

Why the hate?

7.6% is still astounding to me, how about you?
    Considering the amount of "misreading" you do, I suggest you visit the nearest optician.