Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 23:23
    Originally posted by mchill
    Mchill presumably would refuse to agree with me when I write 1 + 1 = 2.

That is 100% correct, and you can thank yourself (and your warm and friendly personality) or it! 😞
    Will the lying racist troll Mchill declare his support for Hitler when I criticze Hitler?
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 00:001 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Will the lying racist troll Mchill declare his support for Hitler when I criticze Hitler?
    If you keep up the name calling, and trash talking, I might just do that. Now, if you'll excuse me I'll go back to reading Mein Kamph !! 😲😲
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 22:08
    Originally posted by mchill
    If you keep up the name calling, and trash talking, I might just do that. Now, if you'll excuse me I'll go back to reading Mein Kamph !! 😲😲
    If the troll Mchill declares his support for Hitler, that says something about him, nothing about me.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 10:30
    It's absurd for Zahlanzi to act as though there's no issue that women cannot generally understand better than men.

Women have some important experiences that are fundamentally different from men's.
    Women understand experiences such as menstruation, conception, pregnancy, and
    childbirth more intimately than men ever could.
    But if they ever fail to include another demographic, i.e. race, then those experiences are all just 'dust in the wind'.

See how stupid that sounds?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 10:36
    I prefer to stand with the diverse women (including some white women) who reject 'White Feminism'.
    Some non-white women may regard 'White Feminism' as enough of a 'lesser evil' to be
    worth accepting as an ally in a time of need, and I can respect their judgment.
    Apparently not.

You would be apoplectic if anyone here started a rant similar to yours, only about 'Black Feminism'.

One might think that you might be prepared to give white women a break who do not fall into your own narrow little box that you call 'White Feminism'. But no, apparently all you want to do is bitch about feminists who happen to be white, and not about 'White Feminism' at all.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 21:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But if they ever fail to include another demographic, i.e. race, then those experiences are all just 'dust in the wind'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_feminist

"White feminism is a pejorative term for forms of feminism that focus on the struggles of
    well-off white women while failing to address the distinct forms of oppression faced by
    women of colour and women lacking other privileges."

Suzianne keeps showing that she's an extremely arrogant close-minded 'White Feminist'
    who obstinately refuses 'to address *the distinct forms of oppression* faced by women
    of colour and women lacking other privileges..' Women's oppression is diverse, not monochromatic.

A 'White Feminist' like Suzianne apparently wants to end sexism up to the point that white
    women can enjoy equal rights and opportunities with white men. But, contrary to her
    smug expectation, non-white women are not content to await the crumbs 'trickling down'
    after privileged white women have been served first and foremost.

I stand with the many diverse women (including some white women) who oppose the
    hypocritical racist brand of 'White Feminism' embraced by Suzianne.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 21:142 edits
    Apparently not.

You would be apoplectic if anyone here started a rant similar to yours, only about 'Black Feminism'.

One might think that you might be prepared to give white women a break who do not fall into your own narrow little box that you call 'White Feminism'.
    But no, apparently all you want to do is bitch about feminists who happen to be white, and not about 'White Feminism' at all.
    The fanatically close-minded 'White Feminist' Suzianne shows no comprehension of
    'intersectionality', let alone 'Black Feminism'.

Some of my non-white immigrant female relatives grew up in American slums, ovecoming
    poverty and racism to earn degrees (in science or engineering) from public univerersities.
    None of these women would join any women's group dominated by 'White Feminists' because
    they cannot bear the condescending hypocritical racism from the likes of Suzianne.

Suzianne also blatantly lies again when she implies that I have equated being a white
    woman and a self-described feminist with being a 'White Feminist'. On the contrary,
    I have repeatedly emphasized that *not* all white women feminists are 'White Feminists',
    and some white women are very critical of 'White Feminism' (a term that I did *not* invent).

Suzianne's such a fanatical liar in the service of her racist ideology of White Femnism".
    Many diverse women would regard Suzianne's brand of 'feminism' with deep disdain.
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 22:40

I suspect that Suzianne would have said the same thing in apartheid South Africa.
    I can envisage Suzianne, a privileged white woman, telling her black maids that they must
    support her urgent struggle against sexism now and worry about opposing apartheid later.

Suzianne has persistently attempted to deny racial differences among American women.
    Suzianne has run away from attempting to explain why the majority of white women but
    only a small minority of non-white women voted for Donald Trump as US President.