Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 00:50
    Donald Trump wants all sensitive government information transmitted by courier. This will certainly eliminate hacking threats, but opens up a whole new set of issues. With less tax revenue coming in because of Trump's tax cut plans, where is the money going to come from to hire all these couriers? Would these couriers not be in danger of being kidnapped or killed for the information they carry? Would not these couriers be tempted by bribes? The amount of sensitive government being transmitted every day is staggering, so does this courier idea make any sense?

http://thenextweb.com/us/2017/01/02/trump-wants-to-replace-computers-with-couriers-for-sending-sensitive-info/

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/01/01/trump-courier_n_13924438.html
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 02:54
    Originally posted by mchill
    Donald Trump wants all sensitive government information transmitted by courier. This will certainly eliminate hacking threats, but opens up a whole new set of issues. With less tax revenue coming in because of Trump's tax cut plans, where is the money going to come from to hire all these couriers? Would these couriers not be in danger of being kidnapped or k ...[text shortened]... sending-sensitive-info/

Well, he's supposedly building a giant Wall so I suppose he should send sensitive information by ravens.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 03:581 edit
    Donald Trump wants all sensitive government information transmitted by courier. This will certainly eliminate hacking threats, but opens up a whole new set of issues. With less tax revenue coming in because of Trump's tax cut plans, where is the money going to come from to hire all these couriers? Would these couriers not be in danger of being kidnapped or k ...[text shortened]... sending-sensitive-info/

for heaven's sake, it's not enough we listen to every brain fart this idiot comes up with, now we need to listen to him drunk?

"At his annual New Year’s Eve bash in Palm Beach, Florida, Trump told reporters:"

now people have to see if the president actually has the power to tell CIA or FBI or congress how to do their job because some "reporter" didn't have anything better to do
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 04:00

Na, just tweet the information. I'm sure no one will hack in.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 02:372 edits

Donald Trump presumably would apply 'extreme vetting' to these couriers (No Muslims need apply.).

'Would not these couriers be tempted by bribes?'
    --Mchill

Perhaps only if the money's Russian.

"Would not these couriers be in danger of being kidnapped or killed ..."
    --Mchill

Not if the couriers are zombies! Donald Trump got the idea after seeing it on television.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 15:301 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Not if the couriers are zombies! Donald Trump got the idea after seeing it on television.
    Nice. 😀

I can see the tweet now:

"Human couriers totally unreliable. My idea of undead couriers TERIFFIC! Media treatment very unfair. #TWD #MAGA #mediabias"
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 15:481 edit

It actually is a good idea to consider whether you wish to have a permanent electronic record of information before using a computer. I personally have transferred certain data (like tax returns) by walking it over to the bank (I couldn't find a trustworthy undead courrier) rather than create a permanent link of me sending it electronically on the web.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 15:49
    Originally posted by sh76
    Nice. 😀

I can see the tweet now:

"Human couriers totally unreliable. My idea of undead couriers TERIFFIC! Media treatment very unfair. #TWD #MAGA #mediabias"
    You're missing the obligatory "Sad!" Sad!
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 15:52
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I personally have transferred certain data (like tax returns) by walking it over to the bank (I couldn't find a trustworthy undead courrier) rather than create a permanent link of me sending it electronically on the web.
    Are you saying the IRS does not keep records of your tax returns? Your bank still uses paper files?
  10. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 15:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Are you saying the IRS does not keep records of your tax returns? Your bank still uses paper files?
    I am saying that me transmitting the record is yet another copy of the record and the more copies you have, the more likely it can fall in the wrong hands.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 16:04
    I am saying that me transmitting the record is yet another copy of the record and the more copies you have, the more likely it can fall in the wrong hands.
    Twilight Zone music commences
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 16:35
    Ok, that makes more sense.
    So what 'wrong hands' might want your tax records?
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 16:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Ok, that makes more sense.
    So what 'wrong hands' might want your tax records?
    Not mine more than yours, but I think we all should protect ourselves against identity theft and should be careful how we treat our economic records.
  14. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 16:56
    Donald Trump wants all sensitive government information transmitted by courier.
    Look it worked for the Rothschild's, so why not Le Donalde? A squadron of pigeons! Think of the employment opportunities that will bring! And its good luck for a pigeon to crap on you, so its win win for the Trump Presidency!
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 22:29
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Look it worked for the Rothschild's, so why not Le Donalde? A squadron of pigeons!
    Think of the employment opportunities that will bring! And its good luck for a pigeon to crap on you, so its win win for the Trump Presidency!
    There's a story that a member of the French Resistance obtained vital new information
    about German reinforcements in Normandy. He had to send this intelligence to London.
    So he sent it (copied) separately by two pigeons, reckoning that at least one would get through.
    Along the coast, German soldiers had standing orders to shoot every pigeon that they could,
    thus intercepting some of the many messages between the French Resistance and London.
    In this case, some German soldiers evidently shot down both pigeons. So on D-Day,
    the Allies ran into surprisingly stronger German resistance than expected in one place.